Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: God's provision of manna from the sky in the morning and quail in the evening

  1. #1
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Oct 07
    Posts
    3,018

    God's provision of manna from the sky in the morning and quail in the evening

    Hey guys i'm just researching ancient stuff and I have a question.

    Reading this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

    The part:
    The years in the wilderness
    When the people arrived at Marah, the water was bitter, causing the people to murmur against Moses. Moses cast a tree into the water, and the water became sweet.[50][51] Later in the journey the people began running low on supplies and again murmured against Moses and Aaron and said they would have preferred to die in Egypt, but God's provision of manna from the sky in the morning and quail in the evening took care of the situation.[52][53] When the people camped in Rephidim, there was no water, so the people complained again and said, "Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?" Moses struck a rock with his staff, and water came forth.
    Do they refer to Quail as in the bird? The bird that is still around today and eaten by folks?

    Quail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quail

  2. #2
    In Memoriam Military Professional dave lukins's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Jan 07
    Location
    cheshire uk
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobbme View Post
    Hey guys i'm just researching ancient stuff and I have a question.

    Reading this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

    The part:

    Do they refer to Quail as in the bird? The bird that is still around today and eaten by folks?

    Quail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quail
    They would have needed plenty of them. It would be interesting to find out if quail come from that part of the world.

  3. #3
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Oct 07
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by dave lukins View Post
    They would have needed plenty of them. It would be interesting to find out if quail come from that part of the world.
    I know they fly long distance, well, the japanese quails do.

    So they are referring to Quail as in the birds right? What other animals do you think exhisted from then?

  4. #4
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    30 Apr 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by dave lukins View Post
    They would have needed plenty of them. It would be interesting to find out if quail come from that part of the world.
    Well, if the good lord could handle the whole creating the Universe thing, then I am certain getting a few hundred thousand quail together wouldn't present much of a challenge.

  5. #5
    In Memoriam Military Professional dave lukins's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Jan 07
    Location
    cheshire uk
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobbme View Post
    I know they fly long distance, well, the japanese quails do.

    So they are referring to Quail as in the birds right? What other animals do you think exhisted from then?
    Well, if the word says 'manna in the morning and quail in the evening' who are we to say otherwise, but you would have needed thousands of them. If this went on night after night there must have been millions of them

  6. #6
    In Memoriam Military Professional dave lukins's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Jan 07
    Location
    cheshire uk
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny W View Post
    Well, if the good lord could handle the whole creating the Universe thing, then I am certain getting a few hundred thousand quail together wouldn't present much of a challenge.
    You would have thought the Good Lord would have come up with something more substantial than wafers and scrawny birds

  7. #7
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Oct 07
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny W View Post
    Well, if the good lord could handle the whole creating the Universe thing, then I am certain getting a few hundred thousand quail together wouldn't present much of a challenge.
    Amen to that.

  8. #8
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Oct 07
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by dave lukins View Post
    Well, if the word says 'manna in the morning and quail in the evening' who are we to say otherwise, but you would have needed thousands of them. If this went on night after night there must have been millions of them
    millions of quail lol imagine eating that every night. I can't even stand eating chicken 3 days in a row

  9. #9
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    30 Apr 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by dave lukins View Post
    You would have thought the Good Lord would have come up with something more substantial than wafers and scrawny birds


    I would have ended up being left in the desert after asking if God could provide me with a bucket of fried chicken.

  10. #10
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Oct 07
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny W View Post
    I would have ended up being left in the desert after asking if God could provide me with a bucket of fried chicken.
    lolll ahh, the tempts of the devil :P

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •