No announcement yet.

Matt Smith is the Eleventh Doctor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that doesn't see what's so special about Doctor Who, I've always thought it was lame and the amount of hype and media coverage it gets, it's ****ing ridiculous... it's just a TV Show, and a fictional one at that...yet it's such a big deal, why?

Top Gear, now that's a TV Show

Comment

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
      Am I the only one that doesn't see what's so special about Doctor Who, I've always thought it was lame and the amount of hype and media coverage it gets, it's ****ing ridiculous... it's just a TV Show, and a fictional one at that...yet it's such a big deal, why?

Top Gear, now that's a TV Show
      Unfortunately they are going to have to cut back on the trips across the world due to budget cuts, which will be a shame.
      Last edited by Shiny Capstar; 04 Jan 09,, 21:04.
      Nulli Secundus
      People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

I never liked Dr Who, or any of the fictional space cadet shows.

Tony
        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

TV shows have been known to strongly influence everything from culture to technology, Star Trek being a massive example of both, especially technology.

That is why these are more than "just TV Shows". ;)

As for Doctor Who, I will not rest until I have a blue police box sitting in front of my house. I so want to blow my neighbor's minds. :))
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
            So you get Doctor Who over the other side of the pond, do you get Top Gear as well? (Just wondering if the Miami-New Orleans episode was shown over there)
            Dr. Who is on Sci Fi channel here. Most of the cable carriers have it.

I don't get Top Gear. I didn't buy the package with BBC America or some other channels with racing themes. Although I have to admit I haven't had time to go through 200+ channels here. So unless I stumble upon it, I wouldn't even know I have it.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackleaf View Post
              He will be the youngest Doctor Who ever. The previous youngest was Peter Davison, who was 29 when he became the 5th Doctor in 1981.
              Ever notice the Dr. is getting younger and younger and he lives shorter and shorter?

Whatever happened to the old crabby Doctor?

I like Dave Tennant. He's funny. How much longer will he stay as the Doctor?
              Last edited by gunnut; 05 Jan 09,, 10:06.

Comment

this year there won't be a full season but a few specials (about three I think). After that he is gone. (Though I if you watch the show from the US that might mean you have a bit more time since you might be behind the British schedule.

2010 the next Doctor will take over.

Comment

I've been asking the same about BAYWATCH for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    I've been asking the same about BAYWATCH for decades.
                    They came up with a spinoff based in Hawaii -- I don't think it had quite the same magic as the original.
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      They came up with a spinoff based in Hawaii -- I don't think it had quite the same magic as the original.
                      Was the Hoff in it? Maybe that's the difference.

Comment

And why do they keep on changing the actor who plays the role of Doctor Who anyway, it seems like they do it every few months because it's all on see on the news every few months, for a couple of days straight.

Comment

Working...
                        X