Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eclectic-cynic View Post
    Probably better to adopt the US dollar!
    Either would be unacceptable to the majority of the population; watch the euro-skeptic vote in the 2009 elections.
    A more serious analysis is provided in The Economist from time to time.
    I think you are underestimating the powers of government. Labour pledged to not change a currency without a referendum, but they may change that pledge in their next manifesto. The Tories will play safe and always say 'never', but then I would expect that from them.

On a personal basis, I am no Labour lover, but I am a pragmatist. I think entry is inevitable, especially with a weak Pound.

Comment

Sometime ago i saw a video on britian moving towards EU by Philip day. I was scary... I am convinced the root of EU goes back to WWII and Hitler.
      here is the link
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12529763293088

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74168460&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmic View Post
        Sometime ago i saw a video on britian moving towards EU by Philip day. I was scary... I am convinced the root of EU goes back to WWII and Hitler.
        here is the link

LOL!! :))

Yes, there are plenty of people who believe the EU is an evil Nazi plot to revive the Third Reich. Hmmm.....I think not. In many ways the EU is getting closer to the old USSR than the Nazi empire. There is a lot I don't like about the EU, but I think we in the UK just need to make our minds up: we are either in properly or out properly. At the moment we seem to be in with one foot but out with the other. There needs to be clarity. I would rather we left altogether than not be part of the EU structure to the full.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmic View Post
          here is the link

Oh my. that sounds scary

Comment

Should Britain adopt the Euro?

Dear lord,

Should an Atlantican power adopt the currency of the European power?

Comment

Should Britain adopt the Euro?
              Nothing can save Britain. :(
              Winter is coming.

Comment

No No No
                when this resession is over and there is no doubt that Britain will come out first.
                Europe will be grovelling in Euro's which will plunge to a exchange of 4 euros to the pound and $2.25 to the pound. how do i base this . I dream a lot

Comment

Originally posted by stanthewiseman View Post
                  No No No
                  when this resession is over and there is no doubt that Britain will come out first.
                  Europe will be grovelling in Euro's which will plunge to a exchange of 4 euros to the pound and $2.25 to the pound. how do i base this . I dream a lot
                  Yeah - you can only have this in your dreams! :))

Comment

Originally posted by hend View Post
                    Oh my. that sounds scary

These videos are made by a bunch of people who really should get a life. You can't disinvent the EU - it's there and you have to deal with it. Running away from it won't solve anything.

Unfortunately many people in Britain still believe Britain can influence what goes on in Europe, but it can't.

Comment

I believe a correction in the value of the Pound has been long overdue. A stong pound based on oil production has long caused attrition on British exports and manufacturing. Over the past few years, with NS oil production declining and reserves looking limited, the pound has been grossly overvalued. Now with a declining Pound and low interest rates manufacturing will be better placed for recovery after a 2009 grind.

Joining the Euro because of the current decline in the Pound looks like an unwarranted knee-jerk

Comment

The Poms adopt the Euro?
                        Not on your nellie, that stiff upper lip wouldn't allow them to slum it with the Euro. Their precious Pound is a symbol of all things British and lowering themselves to the level of Europe would not do well for that stuffed shirt lot.

But, they keep wanting to be part of Europe.

Maybe they've worked out that not all countries can be colonized and it may be time to pull their head in? But I somehow doubt it..

Freddie
                        Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
                        vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

Why would a nation want to willingly give up their sovereignty and self determination to something like the EU?

Did they learn nothing from Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, Ceausescu, and Stalin?

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
                            Nothing can save Britain. :(
                            How so?
                            Nulli Secundus
                            People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

One thing I don't like about the Euro is that the coins are very low quality (at least I think they are). Not really that important but I like complaining.
                              Nulli Secundus
                              People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                                Why would a nation want to willingly give up their sovereignty and self determination to something like the EU?

Did they learn nothing from Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, Ceausescu, and Stalin?
                                The EU receives its political leadership from the European Council, which is composed of one representative per member state — either its head of state or head of government — plus the President of the Commission. Each member states' representative is assisted by its Foreign Minister. The Council uses its leadership role to sort out disputes which have arisen between member states and the institutions, and to resolve political crises and disagreements over controversial issues and policies.

The Council is headed by a rotating presidency, with every member state taking the helm of the EU for a period of six months during which that country's representatives chair meetings of the European Council and the Council of Ministers

Comment

Working...
                                X