X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xerxes View Post
    Interestingly enough.
    Iran stands for land of Aryans.

The father of the late Shah had renamed Persia into Iran in the 30s, as he wanted to move away from Qajars-era negativity that surrounded the name Persia. Let's just say the Qajars lost a lot of Persia's territory to Russia in the North not to mention losing Herat and surrounding territories in the east. I guess he was looking for a new dawn sort of thing. A reset. Little he knew that 50 years later, the name of Iran would be stained in turn. With both the name of Persia and Iran stained, we might have no choice but to rename it Disneyland next time around.

But i say let's keep the name Iran. To hell what people thinks.

You can try Parthava or Media :)).And really is only idiots who would say anything about ancient names and symbols.Idiots are candidates for being ignored anyway.

Anyway,linking Aryans and books among other things is this fundamental study.Really loved it https://www.amazon.com/Horse-Wheel-L.../dp/069114818X
    Last edited by Mihais; 04 Sep 17,, 13:53.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by xerxes View Post
      Interestingly enough.
      Iran stands for land of Aryans.

The father of the late Shah had renamed Persia into Iran in the 30s, as he wanted to move away from Qajars-era negativity that surrounded the name Persia. Let's just say the Qajars lost a lot of Persia's territory to Russia in the North not to mention losing Herat and surrounding territories in the east. I guess he was looking for a new dawn sort of thing. A reset. Little he knew that 50 years later, the name of Iran would be stained in turn. With both the name of Persia and Iran stained, we might have no choice but to rename it Disneyland next time around.

But i say let's keep the name Iran. To hell what people thinks.
      I will take Persia, Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta and light the flame.

Comment

• My reading outline: “The Indian War of 1864” by Eugene Ware and “The Pentagon Papers: The Secret History of the Vietnam War”.
        I’m collecting an information for my thesis and looking over a lot of modern essays for my reference list

Comment

• What is your thesis outline? We might be able to help with AARs.
          Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            Can I recommend this book - a new one from David Kilcullen. Couldn't see it in the 'COIN...' section. I haven't read it, but the reputation of the author is sufficient. Have seen him do some media for the release - every bit as impressive as I expected.

http://www.amazon.com/Accidental-Gue...8228988&sr=8-1

Shek has probably read it already.:))
            Thank you I just finished the sample and already very relevant to what we are dealing with today. Definte buy for me.

Early in the book Kilcullen refers to a book written in 1999 by by Qiao Liang & Wang Xiangsui... I'll quote that piece.

Confronting the United States in direct conventional combat would indeed be folly, but rather than eschewing conflict, other countries or even nonstate actors could defeat the superpower through ignoring Western-defined rules of “conventional” war, instead applying what the authors called the “principle of addition”: combining direct combat with electronic, diplomatic, cyber, terrorist, proxy, economic, political, and propaganda tools to overload, deceive, and exhaust the U.S. “system of systems.” She emphasized that the authors advocated computer network attack, “lawfare” that exploited legal loopholes, economic warfare, attacking the viability of major corporations and financial institutions, media manipulation and deception, and urban guerrilla warfare.
            And how badly has this come back to bite the Chinese vvv

Indeed, in an interview with Zhongguo Qingnian Bao (the official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party Youth League), subsequently translated by the CIA’s Foreign Broadcast Information Service, one of the authors, Colonel Qiao, said that “the first rule of unrestricted warfare is that there are no rules, with nothing forbidden.” 3 Qiao
            said strong countries would not use “unrestricted warfare” against weak countries because “strong countries make the rules while rising ones break them and exploit loopholes. . . . The United States breaks [UN rules] and makes new ones when these rules don’t suit [its purposes], but it has to observe its own rules or the whole world will not trust it.”
            <<< not anymore lol

My question though is, if the book was published almost two decades ago, why has the US been so slow to respond to this tactic. Clearly the Trump Administration is finally addressing this "no rules" strategy.. but 20 years?

Comment

Working...
            X