This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deng View Post
    The name of this sub-forum is not suitable considering history.I think Renaissance of China is better.
    hahaha YES INDEED!!!;)

Comment

The English word 'rise' is not commonly used to describe how a country is becoming strong and influencial. Thus many years ago they didn't say the rise of England, nor the rise of USA.

On the other hand, the term 'the rise of China', probably translated from Chinese, is now well accepted and used by the world media. Thus I find it all right to use it here at this forum.

Renaissance is not about strength and influence.

Comment

Originally posted by furkensturker View Post
        I'm not sure if this the right place for this , but here goes.

Chinas economy has been a juggernaut for a while now. Her manufacturing industry has taken the world by storm. Here in Australia; almost everything is made in China. There is very little manufacturing done here now. It's impossible to make goods when the labour Dollar is so different. I see the price of things in the shops hear and wonder how they can sell things for the price they do.

An example is; I brought a 18 volt cordless drill a couple of months ago. It came with a spare battery and 85 piece drill and screwdriver set, all for $49.95. Now, I know you only get what you pay for, BUT, I've had numerous tools from this company in the past. They offer a 2 year REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on all their products. You can't beat that. Some of the tools I have bought have had issues and I have returned them for a brand new one.
        I'm not a tradie, and I can't justify paying $375.00 for a brand name drill when I can buy one for $49.95.

The products coming out of China are getting better and better all the time. All the major manufacturers here source from China.

BUT, here's the kicker. The world wide finance issue that is sweeping the world is also effecting China in ways we may not be ready for. Because we have very little made here, I fear that Chinas economy is going to stumble and may even fall over. If it does, I believe the whole world will suffer dramatically dragging the world into an economic depressive.

But there may be a winner here. And that winner may be in the form of India. Both countries have massive populations to draw workers from. I've had dealings with Chinese businesses and found them extrenal difficult to do business with. India on the other hand is a dream to deal with.

Freddie
        The most expensive thing I bought made in China was my 2k dollar pricetag hd tv about 4 years ago and it starting to show some pixel wear but it's just a tv. On the other hand I don't think I would buy a fire extinguisher made in China and feel safe. The thing with investments made towards China isn't based on issues like these but the motion of the whole economy. There is a real buzz that more and more people are getting rich in China regardless of truth or not investors will make the push for Chinese stocks. The blame of failure won't be on the daily labor rituals of the workers but on the stocks holders and whether they will place the investments to good use or not in order to help the world economy.

Comment

Hello,erveyone. I am new in WAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Lin View Post
            Hello,erveyone. I am new in WAB.
            Welcome!

Feel free to introduce yourself -> http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...on-thread.html
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Whenever I see someone predicting the year in which China's economy will be larger than America's, I always want to (a) call the guy up and ask to see his assumptions; and (b) throttle the journalist for not asking about those assumptions in the first place.

If you want to peg the date within five to seven years, the only reasonable assumption is a quick jump in the value of the Rmb.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

This is "The Rise of China forum" thread.

Could someone please provide a link to "The Rise of China FORUM" . . . . ???

I cannot seem to find it.

Comment

It has been renamed to the "East Asia and the Pacific" forum

Comment

Congratulations. thanks to wab for provide such a thread for us.

Comment

May I ask a question? Obama is a half-African, why he don't make policy pay attentions to Africa continent? And provide more assistance to African people? Instead of his government make a policy call "Ruturn Asia". According to some medias claim: "this policy are aimed at rise of China."

Our Aisan people( especially people of East Asia) business don't need USA people pay more attentions,we can take care of ourselevs, please!

USA people should help more people who are suffering the civil war and hungry people in Africa. Or other suffering people in the world,please!

Comment

I beg you stop buy products made in China. If no made in China. The Consumer Goods prices of the world market will rise up three times at lest.Even the Wal-mart will shut down. So many consumers in many countries will pay more moneys to buy stuffs. Like the USA invent the television, But nowday Ameican people would not produce one television in American factories. China had made 118 millions televisions in 2010.

Of course, with Chinese workers salary rise up rapidly. The west companies who imvest in China mainlands complains their business cost rise very fast!
                        But If they don't want invest in China mainland! The west companies can move their moneys to other countries, like Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam,Myanmar or African countries. We don't care really.

Originally posted by babydonhurtme View Post
                        The most expensive thing I bought made in China was my 2k dollar pricetag hd tv about 4 years ago and it starting to show some pixel wear but it's just a tv. On the other hand I don't think I would buy a fire extinguisher made in China and feel safe. The thing with investments made towards China isn't based on issues like these but the motion of the whole economy. There is a real buzz that more and more people are getting rich in China regardless of truth or not investors will make the push for Chinese stocks. The blame of failure won't be on the daily labor rituals of the workers but on the stocks holders and whether they will place the investments to good use or not in order to help the world economy.

Comment

Originally posted by udake View Post
                          May I ask a question? Obama is a half-African, why he don't make policy pay attentions to Africa continent? And provide more assistance to African people? Instead of his government make a policy call "Ruturn Asia". According to some medias claim: "this policy are aimed at rise of China."

Our Aisan people( especially people of East Asia) business don't need USA people pay more attentions,we can take care of ourselevs, please!

USA people should help more people who are suffering the civil war and hungry people in Africa. Or other suffering people in the world,please!
                          1) He puts US national interests first.
                          2) East Asian economies are quite intertwined with the US economy.
                          3) Perhaps East Asian people might be more helpful in Africa?
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

Perhaps China can help the suffering people of North Korea. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                              Perhaps China can help the suffering people of North Korea. Deal?
                              Instead of shooting the NK refugees as they cross the Yalu River...that would be a good start.
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                                Instead of shooting the NK refugees as they cross the Yalu River...that would be a good start.
                                Any source on how many NK refugees got shot by CHinese border guards?

Comment

Working...
                                X