This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rise of China forum

We have recently introduced this new forum for the discussion of China's rise as a world power, with its massive economic growth, growing international influence, military expansion, and the strategic and geopolitical implications of this phenomenon for the East Asia region as well as the rest of the world. The forum is moderated by xinhui, who will be assisted in the endeavor by the forum staff.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    We have recently introduced this new forum for the discussion of China's rise as a world power, with its massive economic growth, growing international influence, military expansion, and the strategic and geopolitical implications of this phenomenon for the East Asia region as well as the rest of the world. The forum is moderated by xinhui, who will be assisted in the endeavor by the forum staff.
    Both congratulations on becoming a forum moderator as well as a thanks to Xinhui for dedicating your time help provide and moderate quality discussion on China! :)
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

excellent, welcome on board xinhui :)
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Fantastic! Good move WAB.

Good luck in your new moderating role Xinhui.

Nebula82.

Comment

The Dragon Rises!!!

Congrats on a great move for WAB to create this window and on a perfect candidate to monitor and maintain it's serious flavor.

I look forward to my education here. I'm very pleased.

Way to go Xinhui and WAB!
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Congratulations and question, who is Xinhui?

Suddenly found a new forum named as “rise of China”. Congratulations though I do not think “rise” is an appropriate word here. Question is who Xinhui is? May I know more about this Chinese expert? Many thanks.

Comment

Congratulations Xinhui. I couldn't find the PRC Economy thread in the international economy then I found this forum. I think I'll camp out here for a while. :))

Comment

ying Reply

"...who is Xinhui?"

He's a Guatemalan...of Chinese descent!

...and possessing considerable experience/knowledge across a wide range of security-related issues within his home region and across the big blue in the PRC.

Oh! And a pretty cool guy.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Question for Xinhui:

Perhaps we could get a reading list sticky like there are in other forums like Iraq and Iran? Books, monographs, papers, on Chinese military, history, politics, economics, etc. When you have time, no rush though.

Comment

Originally posted by ying View Post
                    Congratulations and question, who is Xinhui?

Suddenly found a new forum named as “rise of China”. Congratulations though I do not think “rise” is an appropriate word here. Question is who Xinhui is? May I know more about this Chinese expert? Many thanks.
                    China watcher extraordinaire. The largest collection of open source material in his pocession. Andy and I were the ones who worked out exactly what War Zone Campaign and what was the view on this.

Andy was the one who identified how a PLA division was re-organized into a brigade, more specifically, which regiment within that division was tasked to be the core of the new brigade.

He has been invited to think tank forums sponsored by both government and private sponsors.

That is not to say that he knows everything about China ... but he will find out.

Comment

WoW, thanks everyone for the kind words and I am looking foreword to spirited debates here.

Herodotus
                      that is a great idea, I will see what I can do.
                      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Thank you for your intruduction, sirs. I believe I may learn a lot here.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                          Oh! And a pretty cool guy.
                          Agreed,congratulations on becoming the forum moderator:).
                          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                            WoW, thanks everyone for the kind words and I am looking foreword to spirited debates here.
                            It's a trap, Andy, they are the ones who will be making your life miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              It's a trap, Andy, they are the ones who will be making your life miserable.
                              Indeed it is. :))

Welcome aboard Andy :)
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X