Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62

Thread: The Rise of China forum

  1. #31
    New Member
    Join Date
    31 Jul 09
    Location
    Stari Bar
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by deng View Post
    The name of this sub-forum is not suitable considering history.I think Renaissance of China is better.
    hahaha YES INDEED!!!

  2. #32
    Professor (retired) Senior Contributor Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,674
    The English word 'rise' is not commonly used to describe how a country is becoming strong and influencial. Thus many years ago they didn't say the rise of England, nor the rise of USA.

    On the other hand, the term 'the rise of China', probably translated from Chinese, is now well accepted and used by the world media. Thus I find it all right to use it here at this forum.

    Renaissance is not about strength and influence.

  3. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    23 Nov 11
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by furkensturker View Post
    I'm not sure if this the right place for this , but here goes.

    Chinas economy has been a juggernaut for a while now. Her manufacturing industry has taken the world by storm. Here in Australia; almost everything is made in China. There is very little manufacturing done here now. It's impossible to make goods when the labour Dollar is so different. I see the price of things in the shops hear and wonder how they can sell things for the price they do.

    An example is; I brought a 18 volt cordless drill a couple of months ago. It came with a spare battery and 85 piece drill and screwdriver set, all for $49.95. Now, I know you only get what you pay for, BUT, I've had numerous tools from this company in the past. They offer a 2 year REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on all their products. You can't beat that. Some of the tools I have bought have had issues and I have returned them for a brand new one.
    I'm not a tradie, and I can't justify paying $375.00 for a brand name drill when I can buy one for $49.95.

    The products coming out of China are getting better and better all the time. All the major manufacturers here source from China.

    BUT, here's the kicker. The world wide finance issue that is sweeping the world is also effecting China in ways we may not be ready for. Because we have very little made here, I fear that Chinas economy is going to stumble and may even fall over. If it does, I believe the whole world will suffer dramatically dragging the world into an economic depressive.

    But there may be a winner here. And that winner may be in the form of India. Both countries have massive populations to draw workers from. I've had dealings with Chinese businesses and found them extrenal difficult to do business with. India on the other hand is a dream to deal with.

    Freddie
    The most expensive thing I bought made in China was my 2k dollar pricetag hd tv about 4 years ago and it starting to show some pixel wear but it's just a tv. On the other hand I don't think I would buy a fire extinguisher made in China and feel safe. The thing with investments made towards China isn't based on issues like these but the motion of the whole economy. There is a real buzz that more and more people are getting rich in China regardless of truth or not investors will make the push for Chinese stocks. The blame of failure won't be on the daily labor rituals of the workers but on the stocks holders and whether they will place the investments to good use or not in order to help the world economy.

  4. #34
    New Member
    Join Date
    17 Feb 12
    Location
    Fujian China
    Posts
    4
    Hello,erveyone. I am new in WAB.

  5. #35
    Senior Contributor Doktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Aug 08
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Lin View Post
    Hello,erveyone. I am new in WAB.
    Welcome!

    Feel free to introduce yourself -> http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...on-thread.html
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

    To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

  6. #36
    Senior Contributor DOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,412
    Whenever I see someone predicting the year in which China's economy will be larger than America's, I always want to (a) call the guy up and ask to see his assumptions; and (b) throttle the journalist for not asking about those assumptions in the first place.

    If you want to peg the date within five to seven years, the only reasonable assumption is a quick jump in the value of the Rmb.

  7. #37
    Regular
    Join Date
    07 Mar 12
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    28
    This is "The Rise of China forum" thread.

    Could someone please provide a link to "The Rise of China FORUM" . . . . ???

    I cannot seem to find it.

  8. #38
    Officer of Engineers
    Guest
    It has been renamed to the "East Asia and the Pacific" forum

  9. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    03 Jul 12
    Posts
    3
    Congratulations. thanks to wab for provide such a thread for us.

  10. #40
    Banned Regular
    Join Date
    14 Oct 12
    Location
    Guangzhou
    Posts
    43
    May I ask a question? Obama is a half-African, why he don't make policy pay attentions to Africa continent? And provide more assistance to African people? Instead of his government make a policy call "Ruturn Asia". According to some medias claim: "this policy are aimed at rise of China."


    Our Aisan people( especially people of East Asia) business don't need USA people pay more attentions,we can take care of ourselevs, please!

    USA people should help more people who are suffering the civil war and hungry people in Africa. Or other suffering people in the world,please!

  11. #41
    Banned Regular
    Join Date
    14 Oct 12
    Location
    Guangzhou
    Posts
    43
    I beg you stop buy products made in China. If no made in China. The Consumer Goods prices of the world market will rise up three times at lest.Even the Wal-mart will shut down. So many consumers in many countries will pay more moneys to buy stuffs. Like the USA invent the television, But nowday Ameican people would not produce one television in American factories. China had made 118 millions televisions in 2010.


    Of course, with Chinese workers salary rise up rapidly. The west companies who imvest in China mainlands complains their business cost rise very fast!
    But If they don't want invest in China mainland! The west companies can move their moneys to other countries, like Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam,Myanmar or African countries. We don't care really.



    Quote Originally Posted by babydonhurtme View Post
    The most expensive thing I bought made in China was my 2k dollar pricetag hd tv about 4 years ago and it starting to show some pixel wear but it's just a tv. On the other hand I don't think I would buy a fire extinguisher made in China and feel safe. The thing with investments made towards China isn't based on issues like these but the motion of the whole economy. There is a real buzz that more and more people are getting rich in China regardless of truth or not investors will make the push for Chinese stocks. The blame of failure won't be on the daily labor rituals of the workers but on the stocks holders and whether they will place the investments to good use or not in order to help the world economy.

  12. #42
    Senior Contributor DOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by udake View Post
    May I ask a question? Obama is a half-African, why he don't make policy pay attentions to Africa continent? And provide more assistance to African people? Instead of his government make a policy call "Ruturn Asia". According to some medias claim: "this policy are aimed at rise of China."


    Our Aisan people( especially people of East Asia) business don't need USA people pay more attentions,we can take care of ourselevs, please!

    USA people should help more people who are suffering the civil war and hungry people in Africa. Or other suffering people in the world,please!
    1) He puts US national interests first.
    2) East Asian economies are quite intertwined with the US economy.
    3) Perhaps East Asian people might be more helpful in Africa?

  13. #43
    Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Chogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Apr 09
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,754
    USA people should help more people who are suffering the civil war and hungry people in Africa. Or other suffering people in the world,please!
    Perhaps China can help the suffering people of North Korea. Deal?

  14. #44
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    15,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Chogy View Post
    Perhaps China can help the suffering people of North Korea. Deal?
    Instead of shooting the NK refugees as they cross the Yalu River...that would be a good start.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

  15. #45
    Banned Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    29 Mar 08
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Instead of shooting the NK refugees as they cross the Yalu River...that would be a good start.
    Any source on how many NK refugees got shot by CHinese border guards?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The UK's fishing for China
    By Officer of Engineers in forum Europe and Russia
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 13 Jun 09,, 05:59
  2. India Vs. China (borderline War)
    By Kontakt Era in forum Ground Warfare
    Replies: 565
    Last Post: 02 Sep 08,, 18:36
  3. China's foot in India's door
    By Neo in forum International Politics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08 Jul 07,, 08:31
  4. China’s democratization and reunification
    By pin_qinghai in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06 Jan 07,, 11:59

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •