Multiple iPods - One Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple iPods - One Computer

Does anyone use one computer for more than one iPod? If so, is it pretty easy? My son is getting an iPod for Christmas and my husband is getting a MP3 player. I currently use the computer for my iPod and Ashley uses her laptop for hers. I would just set up different accounts, right?
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Originally posted by Southie View Post
    Does anyone use one computer for more than one iPod? If so, is it pretty easy? My son is getting an iPod for Christmas and my husband is getting a MP3 player. I currently use the computer for my iPod and Ashley uses her laptop for hers. I would just set up different accounts, right?
    Yes it can be done provided you want the same content on both iPods.

Comment

You could always change your iPod settings so that it doesn't automatically sync with your iTunes playlist. Just turn off automatically sync-ing, and you can manually add whatever you want to your iPod from your computer, and your two iPods won't have to have the same songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf View Post
        Yes it can be done provided you want the same content on both iPods.
        Originally posted by Taboo View Post
        You could always change your iPod settings so that it doesn't automatically sync with your iTunes playlist. Just turn off automatically sync-ing, and you can manually add whatever you want to your iPod from your computer, and your two iPods won't have to have the same songs.
        Thank you both....luckily my son and I listen to pretty much the same music so if it didn't work we wouldn't be too upset.

But I think I did read somewhere about turning off the auto sync.
        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
        sigpic

Comment

I have one mac computer and a family of I-pods. No problems. You just have to add the music "manually" so everyone gets what they want.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I tried getting some softwares from my brother ipod touch. for some reason it wasnt happening. There are two options that we get erase and sync and the other one is transfer something.Didnt work out.

Comment

Well I figured it out! We all have accounts on the computer...so I just went into each account and set up their iPods and downloaded music. No problems whatsoever!! We all get our own music without it affecting each others playlists! Yea!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X