Grab the closest book...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grab the closest book...

...and turn to page 56. Skip down to the 5th sentence. Type it here.

Dont go hunting around looking for a cool book or a fun book, just whatever book is the closest one to you. Put the title and author in parentheses.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Stalin was merciless toward his own people, using terror to keep them under control.

(World War II by R.G. Grant)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

At twilight,as the 37 was surfaced on a calm sea and in low visibility,the first lookout on the bridge reported that there was an island close at hand on the starboard side.

(War in the Boats-Captain William J. Ruhe,USN,Ret.)
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

But the best I could manage at the time was the business at Mare Street Registry office over Hackney way, and a bit of a knees up at Mums place.

(The GUV"NER - Lenny McLean)
        I look what I am,a hard B*stard
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

What Cavendish was trying to do was measure gravity at this extremely featherweight level.

(Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything)
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The occupant load of anchor stores opening into the
            mall shall not be included in determining exit requirements
            for the mall.

(Florida Building Codes Vol 1 - Building
            Written by a bunch of Engineers and insurance people who think they know everything)

Comment

It's a playboy centrefold.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                It's a playboy centrefold.

Well, it looks like we have lost the Col for the remainder of the night

Comment

As time passed it was eventually extended to all the players a team had under contract (The Wages of Wins, Schmidt, Berri, and Brook).
                  "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Arctic Drift by Clive Cussler

"The new greenhouse gas emission limits make it a hot technology".
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

It has tended to ignore the grounded conception that Shils and Gertz actually put forward, which found primordialism not in ethnicity and race but in the significance attributed to them.

(Ethnicity and Race - Making Identities in a Changing World - Stephen Cornell and Douglas Hartman)
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

The units detailed for ambuscades and the main body pf the army should move at the same time, wether there is to be one ambush or two.

(Maurice's Strategikon, Emperor Maurice of Byzantine ca 6th century AD)

Comment

stir once, then add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. turn the heat to low and simmer very gently, stirring now and then, for 10 mins.

part of recipe for
                          (Aromatic cuban white bean and pumpkin stew - potaje de freijoles blanco)

from

Madhur Jaffreys' World vegetarian.
                          650 meatless recipes from around the world

this was all i had near by me.:)
                          Last edited by firestar; 04 Dec 08,, 18:29.

Comment

"However, the story of Genesis is incomplete."

-Old Testament Theology, Bruce Waltke
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              What Cavendish was trying to do was measure gravity at this extremely featherweight level.

(Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything)
                              Ooh, nice. Love "A Walk in the Woods."
                              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X