Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Ready for a doozie?
    Gaaah! I honor you for typing that painful sentence out. I would have "cheated" and picked the next one, probably something like "I want to have sex with you, but they'll mark my noggin and I'll be in trouble." Something like that. ;)

Comment

They didn't mark her noggin, they marked her bosom. At least get the facts right!
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

i've got you all beat...'cept for maybe AR's.

"COCOM includes the authority to exercise directive authority for logistic matters (or to delegate directive authority to a subordinate JFC for as many common support capabilities as required to accomplish the subordinate JFC's assigned mission)."

- JOINT FORCES, Air Command and Staff College Book 5
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

They didn't mark her noggin, they marked her bosom. At least get the facts right!
          Hey, I never read it, and after reading that sentence, I'm glad I never did!

Comment

You're not missing much, I guarantee you
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Rafi was,broadly,the party of the 'hawks', while the 'doves' put their trust in Eshkol and Eban.

The Six Day War by Randolph S./Winston S. Churchill, 1971

Comment

It is worth recalling that when colonel Wools-Sampson 'The incomparable intelligence officer and fighting scout', was told of Haig's appointment as column commander he remarked: "He's quite all right but he's too - cautious: He'll be so fixed on not giving the Boers a chance, he'll never give himself one".

Liddell Hart's History of the First World War
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Just saw this thread. I have three books in a stack next to me.

So,

"Czechoslovakia was a geopolitical spear at Germany's back that really concerned him"

Moral Combat - Michael Burleigh

"Welcome,' said Hagrid, "to Diagon Alley"

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

"And even underage wizards are allowed to use magic if it's a real"

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Not started the J.K. Rowling books yet but look forward to them. I really loved the movies.
                  Originally posted by GVChamp
                  College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Books 1-3 were okay, book 4 was decent. Books 5 and 6 sucked, and 7 sucked miserably aside from the grand melee at the last 100 pages or so of the book. The movies all sucked horribly

Comment

Oh, you're going to Love this one...

"I had firmly made up my mind that, while sex might not be the be all and end all, I did want to marry and it had to be a man who made me eager to go to bed early."

To Sail Beyond the Sunset - Robert A. Heinlein
                      sigpic

Comment

It's a good thing she said "go to bed early" and not "go to sleep early". If her husband is making her want to do the latter, I think she might have made a bad judgment call somewhere along the line

Comment

Books 1-3 were okay, book 4 was decent. Books 5 and 6 sucked, and 7 sucked miserably aside from the grand melee at the last 100 pages or so of the book. The movies all sucked horribly
                          Maybe I'm much more easily entertained? I enjoyed all the movies a great deal. They make me smile and feel like I'm little again. In fact I still like Peter Pan and have read it many times.

I think this quality in me will be handy when I have a family of my own which I very much look forward to. I got the girl for it!

I'm pretty good at just switching off for entertainment quality movies and books. If it's not meant for me to learn anything I try not to read into it too much. Except for WWII movies, they better be accurate or I get annoyed! Oh and Sci-Fi movies based on older ones. Transformers and GI-Joe as examples annoyed me. The latest Star Trek, one of the best of all the films.
                          Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 09 Sep 11,, 17:50.
                          Originally posted by GVChamp
                          College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Exerpt from "The Forgotten Man" by Amity Shales

"Tugwell found himself making a career in economics and reform, even spending a semsester at Amherst College in Massachusetts, the academic home of Robert Frost."

FYI
                            Rexford Guy Tugwell (July 10, 1891 – July 21, 1979) was an agricultural economist who became part of Franklin D. Roosevelt's first "Brain Trust
                            WIKI

Comment

Para qualquer piloto junior do automobilismo . . .
                              OK, I don't read Portuguese. I'm in an owner's hospitality suite at the 60th annual Macau Grand Prix, and that's p. 56 of the tri-lingual program.
                              Trust me?
                              I'm an economist!

Comment

""MY SHORTS!", the Senator screamed as the mob battery rammed down the doors to the bordello, screaming, "CHASE MANHATTAN FOREVER!"."
                                ("Mork and Mindy, the unabridged edition" by Orson N. Shazbot)

No, not really................

"From their observations of the operational markings left upon the spent cartridge cases they were able to place 33 of them into four groups which in turn could be attributed to four of the suspect weapons."

("Firearms, The Law, and Forensic Ballistics" by Tom Warlow)
                                Last edited by Tamara; 19 Nov 13,, 08:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X