No announcement yet.

Grab the closest book...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However affable Zach Herney appeared on the surface, Rachel Sexton had just learned something important about him.

Dan Brown - "Deception Point"
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

Debbie & Shamus

That's what happens when I am here at work and i blindly reach to my left and grab the first binder I came to.

Glad to do my part.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        Normally, the logical progression of events in the major item management system which leads to the determination of depot maintenance requirements is to first determine the Army Acquisition Objective (AAO) quantities, followed by the development of the Amry MAteriel Plan (AMP), the determination fo the distribution requirements (DR) and the development of the the Total Army Equipment Distribution Program (TAEDP).

Major Depot Maintenence Requirement

Army Regulation 71–11, Total Army Analysis
        Pogue:)):))

Comment

The plan includes the arrangements for completing outstanding tasks.

'Recovery Management, Directors Guideline for Civil Defence Emergency Management Groups. Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            That's what happens when I am here at work and i blindly reach to my left and grab the first binder I came to.

Glad to do my part.
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Gunny

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
              Pogue:)):))
              That would be a pogue who procures things so you can have things that go bang!

And what the heck...it pays the mortgage.

Be glad I didn't reach to the shelf to my right and grab the Draft Army Force Generation Model Materiel Fielding Strategy!
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                Well, it looks like we have lost the Col for the remainder of the night
                The Col is on playboy i am on hustler

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
                  Ooh, nice. Love "A Walk in the Woods."
                  Me too. It's nice to lift your head up and take a look around sometimes.
                  Just reading through chapter eight, Eiensteins Universe, accompanied with the usual headaches. I've decided I disagree with him
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka
                    Me too. It's nice to lift your head up and take a look around sometimes.
                    Just reading through chapter eight, Eiensteins Universe, accompanied with the usual headaches. I've decided I disagree with him.
                    Einstein or Bryson?
                    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
                      Einstein or Bryson?
                      Einstein. Don't ask....
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

"The Athenians occupied Megara and Pegae, and built for the Megarians their long walls from the city to Nisaea, in which they placed an Athenian garrison."

From: "The Landmark Thucydides" edited by R.B. Strassler

I was at a planning meeting a while back and somebody bandied about a Thucydides passage with smug self satisfaction and, frankly, I think the dude could not find Greece on a map.

Got me to thinking it would make me a better person to have more than a passing knowledge. Not as much fun at cocktail parties as Marco Polo or Herodotus, though.

William
                        Pharoh was pimp but now he is dead. What are you going to do today?

Comment

what book are you reading

and noddy said tobig ears "WHAT A WHOPPER " big ears and its all yours

noddy and big ears do dallas

Comment

When the leading Tiger was immobilized by the leading edge of the minefield, it must have been apparent to all following that there was a minefield to their front.

(Christopher W. Wilbeck "Sledgehammers")

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              Einstein. Don't ask....
                              HERETIC!! You must burn, you antiscientific dog!

There is one science, and Einstein and Darwin are its prophets!
                              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

"They established farms and built homes, mills, churches, and schools in the nearby county seat of Neosho and at Sarcoxie, Granby and other small towns scattered throughout the area." From "The Real Wild West- the 101 ranch and the creation of the American West" by Michael Wallis. It tells the story of the beginnings of the 101 Ranch in Ponca city OK. The 101 so named as it was 101,000 acres. My graeat-grandfather was raised there. The excerpt happens to be the part of the book where the Miller family(the founders of the ranch) where migrating through the area in which I now live, Southwest Missouri.

Since I am a very selective reader, I don't read that many books and I actually have only two books on the table next to the couch when I get the time to read. The other one I have been working on is this.

'A careful president tried to explain that banning flags was not what football was about" from "the politically incorrect guide to the South (and why it will rise again) by Clint Johnson. An excerpt explaining the attempted ban of fan flags at LSU games. ie a confederate battle flag painted in the school colors of purple and gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X