Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ISI uses KGB's standard textbook guidelines to create terror in India

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay View Post
    Sumku, sarcasm is dead on you..

Wait!!! its my fault.

Forgot to add few laughing smilies () in my last post. That would've made it clear as to what I intended.

Quote Originally Posted by bengalraider View Post
    if the CIA really wanted to the ISI would have ceased to exist long ago.in the face of an true and complete American embargo on arms the Pakistani military establishment would be left with no choice but to disband the ISI.

as for the KGB the ISI has nothing like the global reach the KGB had.

P.S this being your first post why don't you introduce yourself in the introductions thread next.
    If CIA is that smart then what went wrong with them in Vietnam???? It would be intresting for forum member's knowledge that ISI was established long before Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and it's creation not a result of Afghan war.

Liberté, Unité, Egalité Senior Contributor Tronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon View Post
    If CIA is that smart then what went wrong with them in Vietnam???? It would be intresting for forum member's knowledge that ISI was established long before Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and it's creation not a result of Afghan war.
    Yes, the ISI was indeed formed much before the Afghan war; thank the British for the assistance! But that is beyond the point, everyone has had its share of failures, Operation Gibraltar was a slap in the face of the ISI. What the Afghan war did was it helped ISI gain experience in funding mujahideens and from there on establish a close relationship with the militants which it assisted in running all over Afghanistan. But without CIA assistance, the ISI was not going anywhere.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

A Self Important Senior Contributor troung's Avatar
    If the ISI is so great, then what went wrong with Pakistan????

=======
    My question, intended as a joke, is more relevant actually then yours...
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

CIA like any other organization on this planet is run by humans and not gods. They have had their fair share of failures as well and if you have not paid attention as recently as during Iraq debacle. But CIA or RAW or Mossad or KGB or MI-5 are not being discussed here. ISI is.

So would appreciate if you dont try to compare ISI with CIA and stick to what you have to say about ISI. Just saying that CIA failed during Vietnam does nothing to convince a dead dog about ISI's efficiency. Or does it?

ISI is more verstile then KGB and CIA. Do not forget that.
    Absolutely right mate. The CIA and KGB are not versatile as ISI as they dont spread terror.

Quote Originally Posted by troung View Post
    If the ISI is so great, then what went wrong with Pakistan????

=======
    My question, intended as a joke, is more relevant actually then yours...
    I would say that the ISI is great thats why Pakistan is what it is today. Great in all the wrong way.

The only success of ISI is in spreading terror. creating Taliban, nurturing AQ and will ultimately talibanize the whole of Pakistan.. Nothing else. It has failed in every war against India and it could not prevent Pakistans division in 71.

Afghanistan was CIA op in which ISI was just a mule.

The best intelligence Op is where you don't leave a trace behind. ISI otoh leaves behind its jumbo sized foot-prints. The present state of Pakistan where it has been discarded like a leper in global community is all due to ISI. The reason why islam is abhored today is simply because of ISI pushing the jehadi program to the hilt. It believes itself to be the "self-appointed" savior of Islam whereas the biggest damage to the image of Islam is due to ISI. Many South Asian experts now believe that LeT is the functioning unit of ISI exporting Jihad from Indonesia to Britain.
    If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

ISI is more verstile then KGB and CIA. Do not forget that.
    This theory of yours leading Pakistan to the place of USSR in late 80s. Other than replacing and killing Pakistani civilian leaders and killing innocent people of India and Afghanistan what is the achievement of ISI??? Want an example?? Do something like Sikkim, Bangladesh and Siachen..... not like Kargil or 26/11.

What have ISI done for Pakistan since its creation rather than killing innocent civilians of India and Afghanistan???

ISI is a secret clandestine organization and just like all other secret services it’s activities are classified and I do not want to mention some of the things which I come across about ISI which can not be verified by source so I’ll stick to what I know of ISI.
    It would be interesting to note that the maximum time period for a higher office in ISI is not more then 4 – 5 years after which either they retire or get back to their original unit. This system is in place since ISI creation to ensure control over possible misuse of power by law ISI is responsible to PM only but since we have a unfortunate history of military coup the ISI became more answerable to army chief and this has led to some what disturbing organizational changes.
    ISI by no means has a flawless history compared to other big guns however they do have impeccable history in Pakistan for the protection of nuclear programme and safe guarding of strategic assets.

What I feel after going through so many posts in defence forums is that most of the people including Pakistanis overrate ISI and it's capabilities. Any external intelligence agency is created for the sole purpose of serving it's country's interests, if ISI is doing what has been claimed they are the real traitors, they are pushing Pakistan towards chaos. This hawkish agency must be banned and disbanded for the good of it's own nation. As far as India is concerned ISI scores not because of it's strength but because of pathetic condition of our own security framework.

Banned New Member
    however they do have impeccable history in Pakistan for the protection of nuclear programme and safe guarding of strategic assets.
    a few questions
    how did proliferation occur ?
    how is US bombing the living shit out of FATA ?
    why are deranged muslim jihadis blowing themselves out in the public ?
    how are attacks taking place in the garrison town of r'pindi, cultural capital L'hore, financial capital Khi and capital I'bad ?
    is the army that incompetent that they can be tasked to protect and safeguard strategic assets ?

Banned
    ISI is a secret clandestine organization and just like all other secret services it’s activities are classified and I do not want to mention some of the things which I come across about ISI which can not be verified by source so I’ll stick to what I know of ISI.
    It would be interesting to note that the maximum time period for a higher office in ISI is not more then 4 – 5 years after which either they retire or get back to their original unit. This system is in place since ISI creation to ensure control over possible misuse of power by law ISI is responsible to PM only but since we have a unfortunate history of military coup the ISI became more answerable to army chief and this has led to some what disturbing organizational changes.
    ISI by no means has a flawless history compared to other big guns however they do have impeccable history in Pakistan for the protection of nuclear programme and safe guarding of strategic assets.
    having more control over the country than the PM is just organizational changes!or have you forgotten how Gen.Musharraf sent his troops into kargil while your PM was caught unawares about the whole issue.

by selling nuclear secrets to Iran, Libya and others in AQ khan's blackmarket!, you guys sure have funny ideas about safe guarding strategic assets.
    Last edited by bengalraider; 11 Dec 08, at 18:42.

Thread Information