How France helped the UK to win the war in the Falklands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gf0012-aust View Post
    thanks very much for taking a couple of hours out of my life that I'll never get back again....

sheesh, I was thinking cognitive dislocation, but cognitive disconnection is more like it.

to paraphrase the saying "never argue with an idiot, they're better at it than you are".
    Sorry GF. Should have warned you about the length. It does go on a bit, but it is strangely compelling. Like the proverbial car accident - you don't want to keep watching, but you can't tear yourself away.

On the upside, you now have an 'absolute zero' point for conspiracy theories now. Where once stood the 'moon landings are fake' or 'holocaust didn't happen' crowd now proudly stand the 'we sunk the Invincible' mob. 'Tis a proud proud day.:))
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      Sorry GF. Should have warned you about the length. It does go on a bit, but it is strangely compelling. Like the proverbial car accident - you don't want to keep watching, but you can't tear yourself away.
      I now know how kangaroos feel when caught in the beam of a super oscar.... you want to leave, but just can't.

or, it's a bit like "Dot" and the angler fish. ("Finding Nemo")

the mistake the non argies made was that they attempted to use logic. at that point they were on a hiding to nothing.

I love the futile trick of masquerading as 3 different posters when it was pretty clear it was the same dill suffering from "forum schizophrenia"...
      Last edited by gf0012-aust; 03 May 09,, 23:18.
      Linkeden:
      http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
      http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
        I think there were SF reconnaissance units on the mainland and if I am right missions to strike targets on the mainland were drawn up. I am sure I read something about a mission being aborted due to a boat breaking down and the team having to land in Chile. I'll see if I can dig it up.
        I'll think you'll find it was Operation Mikado. :)

Comment

Originally posted by gf0012-aust View Post
          I now know how kangaroos feel when caught in the beam of a super oscar.... you want to leave, but just can't.

or, it's a bit like "Dot" and the angler fish. ("Finding Nemo")
          Yep. The logic centres of the brain are screaming at you to look away, but something just won't let you.

the mistake the non argies made was that they attempted to use logic. at that point they were on a hiding to nothing.
          Definately. What I love about your genuine conspiracy theorist is that absence of proof is simply taken as proof of the consipracy. No room for logic in that closed circle.

I love the futile trick of masquerading as 3 different posters when it was pretty clear it was the same dill suffering from "forum schizophrenia"...
          Ya have to admire the guy's sticktooitiveness. I guess he figured that numbers = credibility. I think it added a suitably surreal edge to the whole experience.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
          X