Where's Osama bin Laden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
    You could always try listening to them properly;)
    You mean in Welsh?
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
      You mean in Welsh?
      Feel free to insult the Welsh Guards if you want, no objection from me
      Nulli Secundus
      People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
        Feel free to insult the Welsh Guards if you want, no objection from me
        I too had trouble understanding them while I was in Iraq. They were doing PSD work. Then again, there are some Americans that I can't understand. ;)
        J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

I was attached to the 42 Commando RM on Malta in the early 70's, for 7 months.

The only fellows I had real trouble understanding were the Cockney's.

I could normally figure the other guys out, and they were generally helpful with this Colonial.

I always found that a little funny as I am actually the first of my family born in the USA. We are German. My father got his American Citizenship in July 1940, and was later declared 4F and worked in a defense industry, Lens maker, who in those days were all former Germans and to work there you had to speak German. Every body else in my family was in the German Army WWI or II, and a couple in the SS.

An interesting connection: My Gunny in the Marine Corps while in Vietnam was a Latvian, that had fought in the German Army in WW II. Eastern front. He wasn't a Fascist, he was a passionate anti Communist. He got to the States illegally and was able to get a couple other family members out. Figured he knew how to soldier and he Joined the Marine Corps to sort of pay the USA back. Also he figured he would get more chances to kill communists.

Anyway, I attribute my living through the war to him. Professional soldier that he was. Because of my history, he sort of took me under his wing.

AS to language, once my Great Grandmother died, when I was about 5 we stopped speaking German at home. My father, who also spoke spanish said, we are Americans, and we will speak English. So I lost the German I once spoke as a very young child.

Go figure.

Fred
          Semper Fi

Comment

Either dead or living in a safe house under the nose of CIA. Since the war on terror is not ending it has just begun.....

Comment

More likely that, OBL is in Rawalpindi - in the basement of the ISI hq enjoying kabobs, sweet tea and his half-dozen wives

But you are right, the WOT has just begun and even that place will be eventually targeted, bombed and smoked out....

Comment

I think he's dead. I think his own people probably killed him for being such a coward and then ate his body because they themselves are animals.

Comment

I believe that Osama Bin Laden is either dead or incapacitated. My best evidence for this is the lack of an up-to-date video of the man. His ego was too great to stay silent and not on video if he was capable. General David P. will handle the Afghanistan situation if allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                    There is no definitive proof as to Osama bin Laden's exact whereabouts, but where do you think he's most likely to be? He was based in Afghanistan at the time of the September 11th attacks but is now widely believed to be in Pakistan. Afghanistan or Pakistan, and for what reasons do you think he's in one or the other?
                    I think he is dead. And if not dead, irrelevant.

Comment

Somewhere in South Waziristan...or dead. My thinking is that, if he is dead, AQ would not want his death made public...although martyr-making seems to be almost doctrine for radical Islamics.

Comment

Didn't OSAMA just come out with a new "statement"? I do not know how, but I believe he is still alive but not well.
                        J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

I dont know where he is, but he is on the highway to hell.....

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit View Post
                            I dont know where he is, but he is on the highway to hell.....
                            Go no , sing it ;)

Comment

probably under ISI protection... somewhere in Peshawar..away from mainstream Pakistan

Comment

There's a good chance that he is dead. But in reality it doesn't matter. Unless 'we' (as the west and specifically the US) stop supporting various terrorist organizations or criminal groups, in an attempt to undermine old and current enemies the war of terror can't be won. Helping Muslim extremists in one part of the world while condemning them in another part of the world is counter productive at best. The reality of it is that mujahidin types travel from one conflict to another, and they'll happily take our money and weapons in conflict 'a' only to use them against us in conflict 'b'.

But again thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X