Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting trolls & fanboys

Fellow members,

If you come across a particular member who is extremely low-value added, trolls, flamebaits, is a fanboy, etc., please either send a private message to a staff member with the member's username and a link to the offending post. Alternatively, reporting the post creates a thread on the subject in the Reported Posts forum which has the following format:

Originally posted by Ironduke
    Ironduke has reported a post.

Reason:
    this guy is a troll.
    Forum: Member Introductions
    Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Ironduke
    Original Content:
    Fellow members,

If you come across a particular member who is extremely low-value added, trolls, flamebaits, is a fanboy, etc., please either send a private message to a staff member with the member's username and a link to the offending post. Alternatively, reporting the post creates a thread on the subject in the Reported Posts forum which has the following format:
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Can I report myself? I annoy the crap out of me sometimes......The "low value added" category would apply most days also....
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'd like to stress that, with hundreds of posts every day, we can't possibly read everyone of them.

So if you've ever wondered "Why don't the Moderators do something about trolls etc on the board?", there's a really easy way to help out as Ironduke outlined :)
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        I'd like to stress that, with hundreds of posts every day, we can't possibly read everyone of them.

So if you've ever wondered "Why don't the Moderators do something about trolls etc on the board?", there's a really easy way to help out as Ironduke outlined :)
        Ummm....and if you do report via PM,don't forget to include the link for the post....
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
          Ummm....and if you do report via PM,don't forget to include the link for the post....
          Sure does help :)

"We're the Council Of Thirteen, not magic angel babies!"
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Can I report myself? I annoy the crap out of me sometimes......The "low value added" category would apply most days also....
            ..hmmm...we need to work on that self-esteem there Shamus. :))

Comment

We'd get rid of you, but your avatar pic is too intimidating ;) :))
              "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                Sure does help :)

"We're the Council Of Thirteen, not magic angel babies!"
                I always saw you more as Knights of the round table............. and Lady Quenevere of course :))
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                  ..hmmm...we need to work on that self-esteem there Shamus. :))
                  Self-esteem??Where???;)

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
                    We'd get rid of you, but your avatar pic is too intimidating ;) :))
                    Ok,how about this one???
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X