Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History channel claiming Su-47 beats F-22?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History channel claiming Su-47 beats F-22?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZYP37rH84

is this real?

I know that Su-47 is nothing more than a technology demonstrator, but is this video really from history channel? and does anyone know the name of the episode?

also, even if Su-47 was a REAL armed fighter jet, could it take down the F-22 that easily?

and can anyone here who speak in Russian could possibly give a brief summary of this?

thanks

What a joke. How can there be any "clash" between the two aircraft. I dont know if the F 22 has seen combat action. Everything is classified i would imagine. So where does this come from?

Comment

The voice in video is Brazilian or Portuguese (although I would bet the Brazilian).
      From what I saw, what was speaker talking, it goes something like this.
      If the F22 is hit by a SAM or maybe even damaged, the damage on it's hull will increase its radar signature and thus make it visible.
      For the dogfight scene, it goes something like this.
      The Su-47 is more maneuverable and it can out maneuver the missiles launched by F22. By the time they hit the merge they will be locked in a WVR combat and thanks to the Su-47 maneuvering the F22 will be defeated.
      Again I don't speak Brazilian so I might be wrong. I don't have any comment on the video or what it claims,but I think that the CGI animation is quite impressive from the artistic point of view, although they can work a little bit more on particle effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Belisarius View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZYP37rH84

is this real?

I know that Su-47 is nothing more than a technology demonstrator, but is this video really from history channel? and does anyone know the name of the episode?

also, even if Su-47 was a REAL armed fighter jet, could it take down the F-22 that easily?

and can anyone here who speak in Russian could possibly give a brief summary of this?

thanks

The video is in Russian? Targeted for a niche audience? ;)

I could make better sense of it if there was an English version.

Why does the Russian pilot looking like an alien?
        Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
          The voice in video is Brazilian or Portuguese (although I would bet the Brazilian).
          From what I saw, what was speaker talking, it goes something like this.
          If the F22 is hit by a SAM or maybe even damaged, the damage on it's hull will increase its radar signature and thus make it visible.
          For the dogfight scene, it goes something like this.
          The Su-47 is more maneuverable and it can out maneuver the missiles launched by F22. By the time they hit the merge they will be locked in a WVR combat and thanks to the Su-47 maneuvering the F22 will be defeated.
          Again I don't speak Brazilian so I might be wrong. I don't have any comment on the video or what it claims,but I think that the CGI animation is quite impressive from the artistic point of view, although they can work a little bit more on particle effects.
          ah thank you. How likely is it actually from history channel?

Comment

I was under the impression that most of the Raptors capabilities are classified, and will be for the next decade or so, if that is the case then how did they [The History Channel] come to this conclusion also, the language in the video is Eastern Indo-European im guessing Russian, so unless you speak it or atleast can interpret it then how this information valid ?

Comment

Likely a non-U.S. version of History (as it's simply called now) doing a hypothetical scenario.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Belisarius View Post
                ah thank you. How likely is it actually from history channel?
                Oh it is History channel, no doubt about that. I think it is season three of the Dogfights series that is in the making, I guess. But it is highly hypothetical scenario for this one and it features one of possible outcomes for failed Beyond Visual Range launch.

It is a relevant as the scenario analysis in which SEAL team fights with Darth Vader.
                Its just a show, nothing more and nothing less.
                Last edited by Versus; 20 Nov 08,, 10:53.

Comment

Oh, for goodness sake, doesn't the History channel know the Su-47 is a technology demonstrator? They might have at least tried to pit it against the Black Widow.

Comment

It's not a real History Channel show. Its part of one that had the F-22 engaing a mixed force of SU-30MKI type craft and Dassault Rafales after those planes shot down a rescue helicopter. The SAM is a lucky shot by an S-400/S-300PMU2. The Su-47 is nowhere in the real viedo. Infact after the F-22's lob thier missiles they are backstopped by Boeings proposed B-1R missile truck firing scads of AMRAMM-D's. Total loss for the F-22's is 1 the enemy is like 24-30 planes shot down.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
                      It is a relevant as the scenario analysis in which SEAL team fights with Darth Vader.
                      Its just a show, nothing more and nothing less.
                      I missed that one. Who won?
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        It's not a real History Channel show. Its part of one that had the F-22 engaing a mixed force of SU-30MKI type craft and Dassault Rafales after those planes shot down a rescue helicopter. The SAM is a lucky shot by an S-400/S-300PMU2. The Su-47 is nowhere in the real viedo. Infact after the F-22's lob thier missiles they are backstopped by Boeings proposed B-1R missile truck firing scads of AMRAMM-D's. Total loss for the F-22's is 1 the enemy is like 24-30 planes shot down.
                        Yes I caught that show it was all hypothetical of a possible war in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          You need to ask

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                            Wow! I see that at the end the USAF will have only one plane armed with 1000 AMRAAM's. Great cost reduction.
                            Last edited by Versus; 20 Nov 08,, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              Navy Seals of course. After they emerged from the water, Darth Vader took one of them with the force, but the soldier was wet it its diving suit. Since the suit was made out of rubber the moisture caused the chain reaction of short circuits in Darth Vader body . The Seal was unharmed thanks to the rubber suit.

Comment

Working...
                              X