No announcement yet.

Indian navy foils another attack by Somali pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already posted my glee on another thread referring to same topic, but will be happy to post another...

Dham HAPPY somebody did something, and it just happened to be our good ol buddies Team India I say once the hostages are freed, India should go on a rampage and destroy all the terrorist mogadishu somalian pirate-wannabe scums

When the government of Somalia keeps saying "please stop em, you're free to do whatever you want, get them to stop, you have our permission" why doesn't anyone, especialy the US and Russians take advantage of that and spread hell all over the ocean?

Comment

CENTCOM..do you copy ?? send in some damn war ships to the area, god damn it. Sirius Star was heading to the US with almost 2 Million barrels of oil, if anything happens to the cargo, then we all will weep.

If its not for ocean and sea currents, we could just blow the ship right in their pirate port, I dont think the port is much useful if they have an oil spill.
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Outstanding gentlemen. Bravo Zulu!

It is very nice to see you involved internationally. Many happy returns.:)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

They tried to ram INS Tabar ?!!

I knew that somalis like to chew a lot of "Khat", but didnt know that its that good!

Good hunting Navy! :)
          Last edited by hammer; 19 Nov 08,, 19:40.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
            Actually I was thinking about sinking, even if not outright. And you don't even have to hit a magazine (which, apparently, happened this time). Just hit at the waterline, or concentrate the fire at a single section (forward or aft) to maximize the damage. Remember the HMS Sheffield? One single Exocet (that didn't even explode) cause enough damage to force it to be abandoned...
            An Exocet and 3In gun are in different leagues. Does a 3in gun have enough penetration power to go through hull the hull of a large ship? (thoough superstructure is a different thing altogether)
            What kind of armor do modern naval warships have? Can you give me some brief details?

What I meant was that the specifics of the weapons used for sinking the "pirates' piece of sh*t that floats" arent mentioned anywhere. At least, I couldnt find it.
            Last edited by Kommunist; 19 Nov 08,, 20:35.
            Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

in this reports it says that IN used its CIWS Gun & it lasted for 3-4Hrs

"The INS Tabar retaliated in self-defence and opened fire on the mother vessel. The Indian ship, equipped with Israeli Barak missiles, opened up with its medium machine gun, a closing-in weapon and capable of firing 4,500-5,000 rounds per minute. The episode, which began late Tuesday evening, continued for three-four hours."

Link http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/...=frontpagenews

Svoss

Comment

These pirates do not spawn from the Ocean. There is a reason why they are there, Somolia does not, and has not had a functioning government for years. Piracy seems to be the largest, if not the only source of income in Somalia.

We need to fix the mess in Somalia before we can even speak of stopping Piracy.

Its like you are trying to get rid of a weed, but you just run a lawnmower over it.. its going to grow back. You need to pull the roots out, if you want to weed removed.

I congradulate the Indian efforts, but the international community will be like a dog chasing its tail unless the root of the problem is solved!

Comment

British commandos killed two suspected pirates who tried to seize a Danish ship in the Gulf of Aden during an unprecedented operation involving a Royal Navy and a Russian warship, it was revealed yesterday.

The suspected pirates were shot after the Royal Marine commandos, in rigid inflatable boats launched from the frigate HMS Cumberland, were fired at from a Yemeni flagged dhow, the Ministry of Defence said.

The Cumberland had been conducting routine Nato security operations in the Gulf of Aden, the MoD said, when a number of its crew boarded the dhow, which was towing a skiff.

The British crew "had reason to believe" the dhow had been involved in an armed attack on the Danish-registered vessel, the MV Powerful, earlier on Tuesday, the day of the gunfight. "Various non-forcible methods had been used in an attempt to stop the dhow but they were unsuccessful," the MoD said.

The inflatables were launched to circle the dhow in an attempt to encourage it to stop. People on the dhow fired at the British commandos, who returned fire in self-defence, the MoD added.

It said the dhow crew subsequently surrendered and a boarding followed. Two of its crew, believed to be pirates, had been shot and killed. The MoD said the boarding operation, which took place south of the Yemeni coast, was conducted in accordance with British rules of engagement.

A Yemeni national was found injured and later died, despite receiving emergency treatment. The MoD said it was unclear whether his injuries were as a result of the gunfight or a previous incident. "A post-shooting incident investigation is currently being conducted," an MoD spokesman said last night.

Go the Royal Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                    These pirates do not spawn from the Ocean. There is a reason why they are there, Somolia does not, and has not had a functioning government for years. Piracy seems to be the largest, if not the only source of income in Somalia.
                    You want the root of the problem?

They dumped Nucleur waste in my waters and now they cry because we stole some ships? *hahaha*
                    And so they should cry because more is to come.

****ing hilarious.
                    Saudis whining about some oil?
                    Don't hate because your stupidity got your ship taken - same to every other country who had their ships taken.
                    Last edited by Merry; 20 Nov 08,, 01:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry View Post

They dumped Nucleur waste in my waters and now they cry because we stole some ships? *hahaha*
                      You know, if they continue doing this, then there will be an accidental nuclear explosion in Somalia and there will be no Somali to ride a boat ever again.
                      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Outstanding work everybody. I think that this will get repeated more and more as additional assests are deployed to the area.

These may not be long term solutions, but it sure beats watching ship after ship get snapped up with zero cost to the Somalis.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

TH,
                          Isn't it feasible to go for an overt action in the ports where the hijacked ships are berthed? A strong marine contingent can surely get the ships and hostages out, isn't it?
                          sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

The IN opened up with 2 Kashtan-M gun missile system,only the six barelled twin guns were used,the firing lasted for 7-10 secs,the whole cat-n-mouse episode lasted 3 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                              British commandos killed two suspected pirates who tried to seize a Danish ship in the Gulf of Aden during an unprecedented operation involving a Royal Navy and a Russian warship, it was revealed yesterday.

Go the Royal Marines.
                              Great! :) . Go Royal Navy !

And a Russian warship was involved as well ? cool! Any more info on that Russian warship ?
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Merry View Post

And so they should cry because more is to come.

****ing hilarious.
                                Saudis whining about some oil?
                                Don't hate because your stupidity got your ship taken - same to every other country who had their ships taken.
                                it is spelled nuclear; you wouldn't know not having a functioning education system, it sickens me to see you praising the pirates here

also you don't whine when your guys get sent to their graves by our guns!i am hoping the ATV can use your boats for target practice next year. also when we get toogether and take over your country(unless you can get the lawlessness out that is).
                                Last edited by bengalraider; 20 Nov 08,, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X