VSTOL Cargo aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSTOL Cargo aircraft

I read in today's Aviation/Space technology (or one of its offshoots I forget) online paper that Boeing (I think) was looking into a VSTOL cargo craft to deliver up to 1 ton of supplies right down to the trench or foxhole. Can this ba e future UAV? Yes no?

Sure, why not?

Don't mean it's a good idea, but it could work, lol.

Comment

I'm thinking they believe it can be made very quiet and stealthy for some types of special ops and some speciial emergency resupply or night med evac in high threat areas. A future adversary may be much better supplied with night vision equipment and who knows what else. Maybe this is just one possible low cost option for some emerging environments that they forsee.

Comment

VTOL anything is usually not cheap at all.

Comment

Yeah, just ask the bean-counters who are sweating blood over the Osprey. Hey! Sweating blood! Just the like the poor guys who ride that pile of record-falsified junk.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Please do not start me up on the Osprey, i'm having a good day. ;)

Comment

LOL! Mentioning Osprey is almost like mentioning S**er Hor**t or Str**er. Not a good idea..
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
              X