No announcement yet.

Tsarist Russia and the Ottoman Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sultans came mostly from Circassian ethnicity.Rolexana was Slav not Russian. She was kidnapped by Crimean Khanate when she was child and she took her education in Harem. I don't think she was anti-ottoman woman.

Sokullu Mehmet Pasha who was also Slav (Serbian) had more effect than any other person during that time period.

Comment

Originally posted by neyzen View Post
      Sultans came mostly from Circassian ethnicity.Rolexana was Slav not Russian. She was kidnapped by Crimean Khanate when she was child and she took her education in Harem. I don't think she was anti-ottoman woman.

Sokullu Mehmet Pasha who was also Slav (Serbian) had more effect than any other person during that time period.
      Tsarist russia is already united slavic empire.Rus name created by moscofs and boyarsons for uniting slavic people.

Comment

I might be wrong but i got the impression that the Turkish army had beater training and armament during the 1877 war than the russian army.
        Early battles of the 1877 Russo-Turkish war proved to be costly for the tsarist Russia.

Comment

Ottomans and Russians although regional rivals have had the same goals for the last 300 years. Even today Russia and Turkey are regionally united and Turkey is the Russia's door to the Mediterranean Sea.

When it comes to conquests, Russians will never take Istabul from Turks. Turks on the other hand will not take back the Caucasia.

Today the relations seem well-going between Ankara and Kremlin.

Comment

What are you babbling? Today, Russia and Turkey are not neighboring countries. Get a world map and study it.

Today, neither Russia could have an aim of taking Istanbul, nor Turks would want Caucasia. It's obvious you don't know much about Turkish and Russian foreign affairs.

You should also study some history. ;)
            Time is an ocean in a storm

Comment

Originally posted by ahmet View Post
              What are you babbling? Today, Russia and Turkey are not neighboring countries. Get a world map and study it.

Today, neither Russia could have an aim of taking Istanbul, nor Turks would want Caucasia. It's obvious you don't know much about Turkish and Russian foreign affairs.

You should also study some history. ;)
              Actually Russian troops are stationed on our borders, Armenia is a client state of Russia and Russia occupies some 20% of Georgia and thats just 100 km from the Turkish border. They try to reestablish the former SU-borders and I don't like this, I don't like this at all!

Comment

geographical positions are also the fate of the countries.

as far as i know this saying belongs to Napoleon

i think he's right.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman817 View Post
                  Actually Russian troops are stationed on our borders, Armenia is a client state of Russia and Russia occupies some 20% of Georgia and thats just 100 km from the Turkish border. They try to reestablish the former SU-borders and I don't like this, I don't like this at all!
                  Sometimes, you get the Bear ,,, and the sometime the Bear gets you!

Comment

Working...
                  X