Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Zep debate

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
    "They were the first rock 'n roll band to successfully fuse blues and rock 'n roll into what ultimately became hard rock."

Hmmm...really? Tell that to the Yardbirds, The Who, the Stones, the Animals, and a few others. Derivative stands. Ask Page. He was in the last edition of the Yardbirds.
    I'd throw in the Jeff Beck Group. You can hear Zepplin's start point right there.

For my money I'd choose The Who in a heartbeat.
    Prefer the Who to Zep most days, but depends on my mood.

If I hear "Stairway To Heaven" one more time, I'll puke. If I hear it in your presence, I'll aim your way.
    No Stairway! Denied!!

""So, do they still suck?"

Gee. Whadda ya' think? About a 7 on a 10 scale...

...on a good day.:))
    More of a 9 for me, depending on the day. Some days it just HAS to be the Zep.

(side note: just bought my 3 yr old nephew an alphabet book called 'M is for Metal'. Has great stuff like 'A is for Angus' (young); O is for Ozzy; W is for Windmill (Townshend reference) & Z is for Zepplin. Got to teach the young'uns the important stuff ).
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Yous're all blouses and ya like girlie bands

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Yous're all blouses and ya like girlie bands
        Thems fahtin' wurdz (especially from a guy who posts a kiwi band in makeup ):

You gunna call Jim Dandy a girlie?? Don't worry about the hair, check out da goods (you get plenty of chances).

Last edited by Bigfella; 19 Nov 09,, 10:39.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

:bu99er:

Can we have a SoaD thread...? ;)

Comment

Got the Apple TV up and running right before Christmas and have been chilling to "Us and Them" with the 5:1 surround sound.
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
            X