Connect PS2 to computer monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect PS2 to computer monitor?

Once again I am reaching out to the vast army of technology buffs here on the board...

I am in need of connecting a PlayStation 2 to my rather basic LCD computer monitor (15-pin standard VGA connector only).

I need the following criteria met:

Inexpensive (of course) - I don't need any fancy, merely reliable

Direct to monitor - If at all possible, I would like to avoid cracking open my tower and putting in yet another card (not even sure I have space anyway)

And that's it!

Any ideas? :)
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

You need a VGA box.
    prices
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

This may work:

http://www.eforcity.com/pothvgargbx6...0=pothvgargbx6

"Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        Nope, sorry. His PS2 doesn't have a component output, only composite.

Leibniz

Comment

Thanks guys. :) Do you recommend any particular one?
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            Thanks guys. :) Do you recommend any particular one?
            Can't recommend a specific model as the only ones I use are industrial ones, but this one has all the things you require. If you can find something similar with an actual recognisable brand name you trust so much the better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-BOX-CONVERTE...d=p3286.c0.m14

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
            X