Losing your job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing your job

Just wondering how many of us WAbbers think they could lose their job during this down turn.

I know alot of you chaps are Military and I wish i was right now and some of you are retired. But is any one else worried for there job.

Now im posting this at work and I'm pretty sure that come January i'll be out on my ear, still being 25 it wont be the end of the world, but with a contract on my rented flat to pay in the centre of London I could end up down the sh#t creek with no paddle and a leak.

Any one else?
    Naval Warfare Discussion is dying on WAB

Got my 1 month's termination notice today....
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Thats a shame chap - I've had my CV reviewed and updated every other week.

Done a few evening courses, and doing some voluntary work also to try and keep me near the top of the list.

Comment

I anticipated this and sent out 15 applications sofar. Got a rejection reply from 3 of them and the rest haven't replied. Infact one of my friend told me that you can actually configure your email account such that any email sent to you soliciting for a job automatically gets sent to the junk folder:))
        Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Are you going to try head hunters?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Are you going to try head hunters?
            Isn't that a little desperate Colonel?There has to be a better way to make a living than shrinking heads....;).
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

i've been discussing my options with a couple - sod all out there though - The Army might get an application :P see if I can go be an officer.

Comment

I've had running ads for two positions (CNC Machinists, CNC Programmer) with the State of Oregon Employment Department for over 18 months. In that time, I have only had 2 semi-qualified applicants, and I hired them even though their skill level didn't meet the job requirements. I regularly post ads on Craigslist, and I always get a lot of applicants, but maybe 1 of 100 is actually qualified.

I am recruiting a guy from LA right now.

These are good paying positions ($24/hr+), but I just can't find people that can do the jobs. All I get are operators that can't make setups or understand the process. They can close the vise and push the button, but they are lost when it comes to solving the simplest problems or even recognizing when something isn't right.

The sad thing is that they think they are journeyman machinists. :(
                "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  i've been discussing my options with a couple - sod all out there though - The Army might get an application :P see if I can go be an officer.
                  Ah, I'm sure you'll make a fine Guards officer;)
                  Nulli Secundus
                  People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    You disappointment me Stan, I thought you wanted to work for a living:))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                      You disappointment me Stan, I thought you wanted to work for a living:))
                      Its not as easy as it looks;)
                      Nulli Secundus
                      People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
                        Its not as easy as it looks;)
                        After nearly 25yrs in the Army you're telling me!

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          After nearly 25yrs in the Army you're telling me!
                          Touche good sir;)
                          Nulli Secundus

Comment

any one else out there? yanks?

Comment

I don't think I have anything to worry about working in a High School. Although we have had quite a few students either enroll from out of state or county because one of their parents lost their job and are now living with relatives until they can make ends meet. And I've had to withdraw students for the same reason.
                              “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                              "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X