Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Without Indians, whatw Americans could be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Indians, whatw Americans could be?

There are 3.22 million Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET, 38% of doctors in the USA are Indians. 12% of the scientists in the USA are Indians. 36% of NASA scientists are Indians. 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians. 28% of IBM employees are Indians. 17% of INTEL scientists are Indians. 13% of XEROX employees are Indians.

----------------------------------------------------------
    An Indian said this. and many indians believe this.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/indian_...n_progress.htm
    Last edited by oneman28; 20 Feb 05,, 10:05.

Originally posted by oneman28
    There are 3.22 million Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET, 38% of doctors in the USA are Indians. 12% of the scientists in the USA are Indians. 36% of NASA scientists are Indians. 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians. 28% of IBM employees are Indians. 17% of INTEL scientists are Indians. 13% of XEROX employees are Indians.

----------------------------------------------------------
    An Indian said this. and many indians believe this.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/indian_...n_progress.htm

Very high percentage of Indians then chinese , Pakistanis and lots others.....

How many Americans..????

Comment

America traditionally has been a place for innovative people to develop their idea with with environment they offer. Its all american work environment that has helped them take out so many indian chineese and other developing countries talent pool in their country. They are actually the real bussinessman and know how to get the right guy for the right job even if they have to import him .
      Though theres an increased insecurity amonst american thinkers of the reverse brain drain to countries like india owing to improving working environment and level of technology in these places which in turn will affect US adversely as US needs these men to support its population which isnt getting youg but only older.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
        America traditionally has been a place for innovative people to develop their idea with with environment they offer. Its all american work environment that has helped them take out so many indian chineese and other developing countries talent pool in their country. They are actually the real bussinessman and know how to get the right guy for the right job even if they have to import him .
        Though theres an increased insecurity amonst american thinkers of the reverse brain drain to countries like india owing to improving working environment and level of technology in these places which in turn will affect US adversely as US needs these men to support its population which isnt getting youg but only older.

Well If Indians and others get good opportunities in their country then they ll not go out.

But in India where thousands of high quality engineers and doctors come out each year ,its not possible to provide job to all.

People working in US get much more than what they ll get in their country.

But there is a question...????

America's own people dont have the ability..???? Why Indians and others are taken in place .????

Where is american talent...?????

Comment

38% of doctors in the USA are Indians. 12% of the scientists in the USA are Indians. 36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
          Is it really necessary for America to import these job holders? NO, we have native born Americans being laid off by the thousands and being replaced by some vperson from India, China, Mexico, etc. It is dicusting and immoral.

Comment

Well America has a naturalization policy. Most of the people counted in these statistics, might already be Americans and of Indian Origin. It's like counting some white people as Brittish and not Americans.

Indians are pretty accomplished people even here in Dubai. But there are just as many or maybe lots of weirdo Indians too. Especially this one focker who almost cost me my life. I got on an interchange on ramp doing 80 kph... I figured, I'd immediately slow down to 60s and no worries.... but as soon as I was coming down the onramp this Malbari idiot who accidently took the exit had slowed down to 10!! just so that he can sit and wonder about his stupid mistake! I had to slam my breaks real hard and since it was all curvy and a slope, the entire car spun did a 360 and a 180. At first when it was spining I'm like, shiiiiiit! I'm gonna go flying off and this is it. Then when it stopped doing the 180, I'm like **** The incoming traffic's gonna slam into me......

Some Arab dude, showed some brains and started stopping the traffic, about 30 ft behind... Ok I think I went off-topic there just that this happened yesterday, and I'm still a little freaked! One of those moments when you know you're dead for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
              Is it really necessary for America to import these job holders? NO, we have native born Americans being laid off by the thousands and being replaced by some vperson from India, China, Mexico, etc. It is dicusting and immoral.

Well Why is it important to import these...????

Its the question....

There should be some answer....

US should think about it

Comment

Once they legaly become citizens of the USA, they are no longer Indians, they are Americans. I welcome all those that honorably seek a better life, and wish them the best of luck.
                "Give me your tired, your poor,
                Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
                I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                  Once they legaly become citizens of the USA, they are no longer Indians, they are Americans. I welcome all those that honorably seek a better life, and wish them the best of luck.
                  "Give me your tired, your poor,
                  Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                  The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                  Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
                  I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

My friend they get American citizenship.
                  But they are called NRIs. Still Indian.

Leave it.

Still no one answers the questions...

Let Indians and others be poor and whatever...

But why rich Americans need them..?

They dont have enough talent there..???

Comment

Originally posted by professional
                    Semantics. I call them Americans, because they are Americans. It's the same way most Americans became Americans, immigration and citizenship.

Nobody forced them to come, they came of their own free will. The USA would do fine without them, but will do better with them.
                    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Maybe that has more to do with the fact, that only literate and well off Indians immigrated to the USA to make a better living.

More Indo-American doctors = less Indian doctors in India.

Comment

Leave it.

Well from my experience, Indians work for relatively, a whole lot cheaper. Their requirements are small heck most rich Indians I know, live modestly compared to other nationalities who won't be as well off as them...

An Oracle or MS SQL Server DBA would work for 1500 Dhirhams (less than 500$) at times! Which employer won't want that? See in Dubai this is how it works. They usually have one Big American (or some 1st world country dude) techy expert. He comes and sets things up for the company. The rest is handled by these low waged, minimumly qualified personnel.

Quite frankly at Khaleej Times, we have so many problems with the press machines. Half of the time, there's someone or the other coming in from Germany to fix the problems. The people hired to work on that million dollar equipment are paid like 2000 or 3000 Dhirhams a month! They know absolutely nothing!

Seriously if you ask me, the bulk of the Indians won't be champions in IT and engineering, they're just cheap labour. If you notice Half of the American complaint against Indian IT industry is that they're freakin cheap. Of course I also believe the American complaint is unjustified, more on that later... Indians however take the cake in Medical fields and as Businessmen (mostly the new blood, US educated).

Comment

I thought Indians in the USA have returned to their roots & culture for jobs? Aren't they all blackjack dealers?

Comment

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo
                            I thought Indians in the USA have returned to their roots & culture for jobs? Aren't they all blackjack dealers?

Bengali Indians...
                            not American Indians

Comment

Without Indians, what would America be is stretching it a little too much.

The United States was a mighty nation long before immigrants from other countries came in.

The Indian diaspora living in the US and in other countries are very hard-working, successful people. But that fact should not be overloaded in a manner which shows the host country in such light.

Comment

Working...
                              X