Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's go back to the simple life...It will be all better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's go back to the simple life...It will be all better.

I've been giving this a lot of thought and have came to this conclusion that I just need to revert back to nature.

I'm going to stop driving my car and simply walk the 20 miles to work and the 20 miles back. This will save gas, save money, stop global warming, give me plenty of exercise and give me plenty of time to think.

At home, I am not going to use my lights, I will wait for sunrise to read or do the things that I need lights for. When it gets cold I am going to wear sweaters or big jackets. I will take short cold showers...this will save gas and energy at the community pumping station, not to mention curb my enormous
    sex drive thus depopulating the earth.

I will grow a garden and wait patiently for the rain so as not to use any outside water supply. If there is no rain I will look in the country side for food.
    I will also store rain water in large barrels.

I will probably lose my job as a result of my life style and eventually lose my home. So I and my family will become nomadic. I will store up some seeds and make a bow and arrow to hunt with to provide for my family.

We will shower when it rains and move next to a stream or spring for water.

While my boys and I go hunting for our food my wife and daughter will weave baskets, grind acorns and make clothing.

Meanwhile the world will progress forward and nations will come to my country and desire to take it for there own. I'm ready with my bow and brutish intelligence to fight back those living in the 21st century.

The enemies of America shall shutter as we American's adopt a simple, nomadic, tribal culture and become one with the world. We will be respected and there shall be no snickering at our extreme superior intelligence.

And if the enemies of America should happen to beat us in fight we can appease them with all the resources we saved.

Earthy Ivan

Please add your scenarios

Originally posted by brokensickle View Post
    I've been giving this a lot of thought and have came to this conclusion that I just need to revert back to nature.

At home, I am not going to use my lights, I will wait for sunrise to read or do the things that I need lights for. When it gets cold I am going to wear sweaters or big jackets. I will take short cold showers...this will save gas and energy at the community pumping station, not to mention curb my enormous
    sex drive thus depopulating the earth.

I will grow a garden and wait patiently for the rain so as not to use any outside water supply. If there is no rain I will look in the country side for food.
    I will also store rain water in large barrels.

Earthy Ivan

I am sure you intended this to be facetious, but I am surprised to see some of the things you brought up.

Where I live, we store rain water in barrels to water the garden. We also have a well that is tested at intervals. Both of these are supplements to the city water supply, which is too expensive to use other than minimally.

When it gets cold, we put on sweaters or sweat clothes, sometimes both. This time of year, most of my neighbors are heating with wood; the furnace is for winter, if at all, depending on the wood supply. I don't have central heat (natural gas heaters in 2 rooms), so some rooms (bedroom, library) stay closed off when it gets very cold.

I have neighbors that minimize their evening lighting due to high electricity costs. It being dark earlier, they go to bed earlier in the winter.

Short showers? Of course. Not cold, though; hot showers are a luxury I indulge.

Comment

Or we can warm up the earth and reduce the need to wear thick sweaters and jackets...
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
      X