Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troopergate : When Nixon met Sarah

Thought Leader » Michael Trapido » McCain's half-baked Alaskan

It's actually academic the economic focus is going to kill McCain regardless...unless...

Its all bull****. An attempt by the left to discredit the McCain campaign.

Palin as the CEO wanted an employee fired because she felt his actions were unbecoming an officer. Someone disregarded that order so he was axed. Simple.

The question is did the officer do something that justified his firing. I think yes, nevermind their personal feud, if there was any.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

:0) Top stuff!

How dare he divorce the govs sister?

Comment

Originally posted by Traps View Post
        Thought Leader » Michael Trapido » McCain's half-baked Alaskan

It's actually academic the economic focus is going to kill McCain regardless...unless...
        I think it has relevance for her reelection in Alaska and any 2012 run. She is a non issue this year. For Mccain there is no unless. He wil pull a little closer in the polls now. His taking the MIC from the mob both figuratively and literally reminds people He once spoke against agents of Intolerance. I have regained my lost respect. He is starting to look like the class act of 2000. He should of never surrounded himself with Bushies. If he had held course he would of tanked in the polls all the way through till now then a Mccain/Lieberman ticket would of stood out for it's bipartisanship and straight talk. Instead he has a Ignorant Pitbull as a Mate. I say ignorant as defined. The Lady isn't stupid she is just like the current President. She is incurious. One thing about end of times folk is they already know the answers so they don't need to ask any questions.
        Last edited by Roosveltrepub; 11 Oct 08,, 21:07.
        Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
        ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I never thought about the end of times angle. Interesting.

Deo Vindice

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLawyer View Post
            I never thought about the end of times angle. Interesting.
            I won't get into it here because I don't think it is the place. Do some research on their beliefs yourself. I don't think believing the world is ending in our lifetimes is Main st. I think it creates blindspots and challenges people who don't share that belief are not faced with. I do wholeheartedly agree with their right to believe it.
            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I really dont see what the problem is; the Commissioner of the Alaska State Troopers is a POLITICAL APPOINTEE thus he/she can be fired at whim of the politician that appoints them.

If the position was a civil service position then I would see a bit of a problem with her actions but the heads of every law enforcement agency in the US are either elected (in the case of sheriff's) or appointed (everyone else).

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                I really dont see what the problem is; the Commissioner of the Alaska State Troopers is a POLITICAL APPOINTEE thus he/she can be fired at whim of the politician that appoints them.

If the position was a civil service position then I would see a bit of a problem with her actions but the heads of every law enforcement agency in the US are either elected (in the case of sheriff's) or appointed (everyone else).
                I think the issue is she put a personal vendetta over the public good. I think being a Marine veteran and a State trooper for 30 years was what got him fired. That was the experience that allowed him to make a stand on principle.

I find it damning that as a defense she is saying they didn't talk to her after refusing to talk to them. I think we should be applauding him for not firing the trooper. It would of been the easier path.
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I wonder if the issue is the firing of the person.

The issue of what looks to be personal vendetta is what seems to be the concern.

I am sure no one would appreciate or support personal vendetta for sacking people.

Palin does appear to be a very headstrong person and hence her action on that rationale would not be surprising.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                  X