No announcement yet.

ISRO plans manned mission to moon in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And regarding the tonnage capacity of GSLV Mk. III it is highly speculative the actual will be known when the engine get ready to take off:)

Comment

Some where I have read that GSLV Mk. III projected tonnage capacity has been reduced due to some short coming, at present I don't have the link but I will try to search it:)

Comment

Originally posted by payeng View Post
        xunil is right sanman, I don't get you what do you mean by GSLV-2/3(launch vehicle or engine) if you mean to say GSLV Mk.2 it was never tested and got cancelled. For your reference I am posting you a link from wikipedia:)
        GSLV-MK2 is not cancelled. The first in the GSLV-MK2 series(GSLV-D3) is supposed to be launched this year.

According to early report, GSLV-MK2 was scheduled to be tested around 2004-2005. And GSLV-MK3 should be on duty in 2007. So GSLV-MK2 is at least 3 years delayed. I think GSLV-MK3 may come out in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by xunil View Post
          GSLV-MK2 is not cancelled. The first in the GSLV-MK2 series(GSLV-D3) is supposed to be launched this year.

According to early report, GSLV-MK2 was scheduled to be tested around 2004-2005. And GSLV-MK3 should be on duty in 2007. So GSLV-MK2 is at least 3 years delayed. I think GSLV-MK3 may come out in 2010.
          I don't have any information about GSLV Mk. II, as far as I know the U.S. had objected Russia about the ToT of cryogenic engine to India leading to the development of GSLV Mk. III and cancellation of the GSLV Mk. II.

Comment

You can find more information here:
            http://space.skyrocket.de/index_fram...c_lau/gslv.htm

Comment

Originally posted by payeng View Post
              I don't have any information about GSLV Mk. II, as far as I know the U.S. had objected Russia about the ToT of cryogenic engine to India leading to the development of GSLV Mk. III and cancellation of the GSLV Mk. II.
              India started to develop indigenous cryo engine becuse US blocked the ToT from Russia. This indigenous cryo engine will be used on MK2 and MK3.

Comment

You can find more information here:
                http://space.skyrocket.de/index_fram...c_lau/gslv.htm
                xunil I will catch up with you soon later on at present my internet connection is working like a dial-up connection(v. v. slow) hope you don't mind:)

Comment

India started to develop indigenous cryo engine becuse US blocked the ToT from Russia. This indigenous cryo engine will be used on MK2 and MK3.
                  You may be right xunil other than wikipedia I am not getting any other source that claims GSLV Mk. II had been cancelled:)

Comment

You're right, GLSV-2 was abandoned, but it happened sometime around that failed launch of the Mk1, as I recall.

Anyway, from my understanding, GSLV-3 is to be tested next year. That's the fatter-looking one. I think it looks cooler, too.

Comment

Maybe neighter ISRO nor CNSA would admit, but the lunar exploration race between them had began. China's Chang'e-1 in in the lunar orbit now, and India's Chandrayaan-1 is on its way. China may win the first round. But China's Chang'e-2 is schedule to be launched 2012, and India's Chandrayaan-2 is aim at the year 2011, one year before China. So how CNSA respond to this challenge. Is it going to speed up, or keep on the pace and hope ISRO's Chandrayaan-2 would delay again ?

Comment

I don't think China cares about Chandrayaan-2, which is just a rover.

The manned mission timetable they'd probably want to lead on, though.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what NASA is doing to accelerate their timetable.

Comment

hi there its 2013 today and ISRO has succesfully launched the navigational satellites (Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System-1A (IRNSS-1A))and is not planning for the moon but for the mars thats a great news thansk to all for positive thoughts INDIA shall be elite groups soon ,well still some time is required for the pace to attain but surely it will attain ..

Comment

Sending junk into space will never get old

Though you know what would be cool? Knocking off satellite communications

Comment

Working...
                            X