• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by professional
    Ok man French are good.
    I am not French, but Indian. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the SOF crowd. While they have their place, they augment, not supplement the regforce crowd.

Comment

Spec Ops get a lot of print because they're 'mysterious'.

Comment

Originally posted by professional
          SAS

I am sorry to nitpick but that is not a SAS trooper, i would like to cite three reasons, one his NBC suit and helmet is consistant with the S95 kit used by regular british troops as is his SA80(Rifle) which is not equipped with the SUSAT (Sight Unit Small Arms Trilux) and third his age, by what i can see his facial features and clearly visable youth is a sure sign he is not a SAS trooper as most SAS troopers have many years behind them.

Additional points:
          1. SAS troopers are not allowed to show their faces, this is standard practice for many special units, the most famous being the South African Special Task Force.

2. SAS troopers train using armalite's (M16's etc..), gpmg's(General Purpose Machine Guns), MP5's (CQB) and not the sa80 as shown in this photograph which is used by regular forces and also the marines.

3. This trooper is missing his bergen, Assualt Rig and Hydra-pack, bellow is a picture of a SAS trooper in training : Kindly provided by : [email protected]

Comment

Pakistani Special Service Group (CQB)

Comment

Hawk_eye,
              Good observation. Even the pic of the Indian Para Captain is not real, but a promotion adv to encourage recruitment.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                Hawk_eye,
                Good observation. Even the pic of the Indian Para Captain is not real, but a promotion adv to encourage recruitment.
                Thankyou, Sir, to be honest i like the Uniform... I hope you liked the Picture i provided of the SSG operative in training!

Comment

Nobody mentioned the Delta force?? I don't know much about them. Does anyone?
                  "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_eye
                    Thankyou, Sir, to be honest i like the Uniform... I hope you liked the Picture i provided of the SSG operative in training!
                    Hawk_eye
                    The picture is nice no doubt, but SOF guys look the same all over, gas mask and all. Its would be nice to see picture of the older Pak army regts., Punjab Regt (which is the oldest in the sub-continent), FF and Baloch Regt.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Hawk_eye
                      The picture is nice no doubt, but SOF guys look the same all over, gas mask and all. Its would be nice to see picture of the older Pak army regts., Punjab Regt (which is the oldest in the sub-continent), FF and Baloch Regt.
                      I shall try and get you some nice snaps! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Veni Vidi Vici
                        Nobody mentioned the Delta force?? I don't know much about them. Does anyone?
                        It is the U.S Army's 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta, it has another unit known as the Naval Special Warfare deleopment Group. These are primarily for counter-terror actions outside the United States. Formed in 1970 and is influenced by the British SAS.
                        Members of the unit were part of Task Force Ranger that took part in the ill fated operation in Somalia (the 'Black Hawk Down' operation). The tenacious last man stand at the 2nd crashed helicopeter by Sgt.Randy Shughart and Master Sgt.Garry Gordon bears witness to their professionalism and martial sprit.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

"Nobody mentioned the Delta force?? I don't know much about them. Does anyone?"

Up until a few years ago the Pentagon didn't even avow their existence. Beyond that Lemon gave ya a pretty good overview. Delta troopers are handpicked volunteers from Army Special forces. The best of the best of the best.

"The tenacious last man stand at the 2nd crashed helicopeter by Sgt.Randy Shughart and Master Sgt.Garry Gordon bears witness to their professionalism and martial spirit."

They were snipers, both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                            The best of the best of the best.
                            I don't even want to know the training guys like that go through.
                            "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Not quite, the 1er RPIMa and 2nd REP (Foreign Legion), are one of the best in the world, they are rated even better than SEAL or US Rangers.
                              Indeed. Who else does the Lvl4 chasing (escape&ev.) for the Her. gents? ;)
                              Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Oh; a question:
                                when asking "special forces" how is one to compare like with like, given the role of, say, Spetz. is largely different to, say, the SAS?

Given that certain units are elite (to regular) and others specifically covert there is potential overlap with civilian intelligence services i.e. MI6-SAS.

More to the point I would like to submit anon disp. assets.
                                Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Working...
                                X