X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
    :)):))

Today one of our employees asked me why there more water pressure at a spigot on one end of the building than at the opposite. I said it was because of the Earths rotation and they believed it. Next week maybe I can explain UFOs to them..:))

I love jokes like that .

Comment

• See theres a question involved of yarnspiining and telling a good story, and making stuff up whole-cloth.

Marcinko has had his credibility questioned widely by the whole fruad thing and by other operators. I think some of his early stuff was embelleshed actual stories modified a bit to be better reading, He gave himself to central of a role when it came to crediting things to himself, which probably pissed some people off. Others stuff he probably read action reports of other units and inserted himself and his people into that story, and others were just made up. All of which will piss people off and get you ostracized if done without the other peoples permission.

Most people don't have a problem with the yarn spinning or certain light stories. Theres just the certain line in the sand that you don't cross when telling of what was done, you don't make up exceptional things that you did outside the line of duty, you don't assign other peoples actions to yourself, you don't place yourself into famous events if you weren't there, those are the big ones. There are probably a couple that I missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxor View Post
        See theres a question involved of yarnspiining and telling a good story, and making stuff up whole-cloth.

Marcinko has had his credibility questioned widely by the whole fruad thing and by other operators. I think some of his early stuff was embelleshed actual stories modified a bit to be better reading, He gave himself to central of a role when it came to crediting things to himself, which probably pissed some people off. Others stuff he probably read action reports of other units and inserted himself and his people into that story, and others were just made up. All of which will piss people off and get you ostracized if done without the other peoples permission.

Most people don't have a problem with the yarn spinning or certain light stories. Theres just the certain line in the sand that you don't cross when telling of what was done, you don't make up exceptional things that you did outside the line of duty, you don't assign other peoples actions to yourself, you don't place yourself into famous events if you weren't there, those are the big ones. There are probably a couple that I missed.
        Did Jim CROCE write that? ;)
        J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
          ...and have scars to prove it!:))

I also have a nice machete and used to have a really nice hand made hammock. I do miss my pet Garrobo though....:) He's probably soup by now.:))

Comment

• i believe that the army rangers wing (Irish rangers) won some compaction a few years back beating the us navy seals and the sas

Comment

• Dude...
              Attached Files
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
              X