Paul Newman - A great actor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Newman - A great actor!

Paul Newman died Friday at the age of 83. He was a great actor! My favorite film was "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

May he rest in peace!

Acting legend Paul Newman dies - Paul Newman, 1925-2008 - MSNBC.com
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Who could forget that "sh.t eat,n grin",on Cool hand lukes face as he leaned on up against that punishment shed for the umpteenth time and claimed for all to hear that what they had here was a failure to communicate as the "Boss",threw him back in the hole. He was the definition of cool as it was lived in the 50.s and 60,s. and the man,s word was his badge of honour. Pity other men of consequence didn,t have a tenth of his integrity. Crap,it also reminds me of how the years are catching up to me too.

Comment

We have lost one of the Greats..words are inadequate to describe this man. Surely one of the last of truly great entertainers.

The Sting..never beaten

Comment

He was so blasted handsome up until around 70.
        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Just found out the gentleman has passed away from this thread, loved his acting in "The Hustler" and its sequel "Color of Money" amongst others, as Dave Lukins said, one of the last of truly great entertainers, R . I. P.
          When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            Deb's, such a sexist comment its whats inside that counts................. Great actor and not a bad race car driver either
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
              [B][I]Deb's, such a sexist comment
              I stand by it Tigger
              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Cool Hand Luke

A remarkable man. Cat on A Hot Tin Roof- w/ Burl Ives and Liz Taylor...ah, why bother? Too many great movies.

I'll deeply miss him.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                  Deb's, such a sexist comment its whats inside that counts................. Great actor and not a bad race car driver either
                  But he had the bluest eyes and his Newman's Own Foundation definitely conveyed whats inside that counts! He has done so much for the children with life threatening diseases.

Hole in the Wall Camps
                  “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                  sigpic

Comment

That's right, the z car community has been talking, he won the championship in a 1000hp SOHC VG30ETT-twin turbo version with race components of the single turbo VG30ET

Comment

Truly a remarkable man, as an actor and other such activities. I shall go forth and buy some Newman's own products once I get back to California in December.

Comment

Goodbye to great guy
                        As a tribute the BBC showed "The Colour of Money."
                        They dont make them like that anymore
                        Stan

Comment

Working...
                        X