Sino Pakistan Military Relations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sino Pakistan Military Relations.

Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie (R) talks with Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, chief of the Army Staff of Pakistan, during their meeting in Beijing, capital of China, on Sept.26, 2008.

China Military Online English Edition
     BEIJING, Sept. 26 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan was ready to work with China to enhance bilateral strategic cooperation under the new circumstances, said a senior Pakistani military official here on Friday.

Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, chief of the Army Staff of Pakistan, made the remarks in a meeting with Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie.

Speaking highly of the good relationship between the two armed forces, he said Pakistan would continue to push forward bilateral ties and the relationship between the two armed forces.

Liang, also a state councilor, said China and Pakistan, as good neighbors, enjoyed an all-weather friendship.

"China attaches great importance to its friendship with Pakistan and will further strengthen Sino-Pakistani ties and relations between the two armed forces," said Liang.

He said China would promote friendship and mutually beneficial cooperation in various fields so as to raise the bilateral strategic partnership of cooperation to a new level.
    India needs to kick start all strategic partnerships with Russia, Israel, France and America soon or we are going to get left behind, on aside note is china arming Pakistan in anticipation of an American invasion of Pakistan , any comments
    Last edited by bengalraider; 27 Sep 08,, 10:45.

I dont think Russia, Israel, France and America will make any difference in this scenario.

Besides if the Pakistani missiles are loaded with Chinese nuclear warheads already, i suppose thats just about the height of military ties.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
      I dont think Russia, Israel, France and America will make any difference in this scenario.

Besides if the Pakistani missiles are loaded with Chinese nuclear warheads already, i suppose thats just about the height of military ties.
      correction Chinese missiles in Pakistan

Comment

Well see, there you have it, whats the difference?

Tanks, Planes, and Ships.

The next step might be direct military basing in each others soil.

Comment

And force the Chinese to actually bleed for Pakistan?

Comment

Well why not, with blood comes gain, tremendous gain, the whole region becomes unstable.

Comment

Mainly because it denies China flexibility. Having Chinese troops on the ground commits China to defend Pakistan wheras merely providing weapons, China weakens India without having to bleed for Pakistan.

Comment

Yes why bother with soldiers when weapons and funds to operate them can do the job, its not like Pakistan will have a problem finding people to man the machines.

Sir,
                any examples of the following
                • China worried about its soldiers blood.
                • China worried about the ability of Indian Military to wage a campaign in Chinese territory.

It seems to me that If China has a military base in Pakistan, it can also exercise control on the Pakistani military, and the Chances of India going against such a force seem to be minimal. However i doubt the Chinese see India as a threat that will require such investments.

So what are the military ties these chaps are talking off?
                is it just old generals meeting together, had to say something?

Comment

Just a side question. Does this forum have any Pakistani members? Why are there no Pakistani commenting on news related to Pakistan? Only Indians?!

Comment

Sir,
                    any examples of the following
                    [*]China worried about its soldiers blood.
                    1984 but the context is not what you think. It's the body bag syndrome. The days the PLA can endure 30,000 casualties in a 30 day punitive actions are over. The CCP cannot survive 30,000 grieving mothers demanding answers.

[*]China worried about the ability of Indian Military to wage a campaign in Chinese territory.
                    Hard to quantify. The initial layout would give the edge to the Indians but there is no doubt the PLA is extremely confident that they could handle the InA (I'm speaking of confidence, not whether they actually could) but the deployment schema would suggest a reactive rather than a pro-active strategy.

It seems to me that If China has a military base in Pakistan, it can also exercise control on the Pakistani military, and the Chances of India going against such a force seem to be minimal.
                    And relieved an entire front for the Indians.

So what are the military ties these chaps are talking off? is it just old generals meeting together, had to say something?
                    The Chinese will continue to buy Pakistani loyalty by investing and building up their own defence industry. The JF-17 was a gift.

Comment

I think the Pakistanis would much rather cosy up to China than to the US.

How long has China been an arms supplier to Pakistan?

Nebula82.

Comment

China is doing this in order to possibly gain future access to bases in Pakistan.

Comment

Considering that China has already practically given nukes to Pakistan, what more could they offer?

Comment

i dont understand why india and pakistan hate each other so much,i remember when i was a child,i saw many indian and pakistan movies and i thought they were one country.they are so much alike execpt religion.

Comment

Originally posted by haidian View Post
                              i dont understand why india and pakistan hate each other so much,i remember when i was a child,i saw many indian and pakistan movies and i thought they were one country.they are so much alike execpt religion.
                              The Irish and English hate each other's guts, though that blood feud arguably went back to before the Reformation.

Comment

Working...
                              X