Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could genocide happen again?

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but it seemed the most likely. I've got homework about the Holocaust, and I need to know some ideas on what the global community could do to stop another leader with the same views as Hitler if there ever was one. Can I have some opinions please?
    Thanks

Since WWII? Cambodia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, and Somalia comes immediately to mind. These are actual genocides. If you include ethnic cleansing, add Vietnam, Yugoslavia, the UK (deportation of East Bloc peoples at the end of WWII), Tibet. Sad thing is that a google would propably get me alot more.

Comment

Genocide will happen again, even worse. Hitler was a mini anti-Christ, just wait & see what the real anti-Christ will do. Read Revelation to see what awaits.

Comment

The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29).

The Lord shall bring damnation upon those who wish to kill and wipe his creation.
        Beware of the Wrath of God.

Doomsday beckons.
        Last edited by Ray; 15 Feb 05,, 09:25.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Oh boy....we really need that religious sub-forum if anyone is going to get any homework help around here, heh? ;)

Comment

@truhottgirl --- Well, the subject of genocide does cross into the religion category; we know the history of Nazi Germany. Your report is about the Holocaust during WW2? It's simple: the Germans murdered millions of civilians. 6 million Jews & another 6 million non-Jews. Not much to it. The Germans rounded up people & killed them. The Russians & Japanese did some civilian killing too. Some will argue that the USA/UK did the same with the bombings of Dresden & the 2-nukes. History books are a matter of beliefs.

*** check the numbers & stats out for yourself using google information searches. Go visit the concentration death camps.

Comment

As long as there is hatred and bigotry, coupled with ability, there will be genocide. Besides, ( I'm being sarcastic here) it is easier to kill people than it is to sway their opinion to your way of thinking. Many threads on this forum will back me up on this.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by truhottgirl
                Hi,
                I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but it seemed the most likely. I've got homework about the Holocaust, and I need to know some ideas on what the global community could do to stop another leader with the same views as Hitler if there ever was one. Can I have some opinions please?
                Thanks
                Genocide does not require a leader like Hitler to happen again neither is the supposition that genocide has not happened after WW II correct.

Yahya Khan, Caudillo of Pakistan was unlike Hitler, at least in that he did not unleash genocide against people he thought racially inferior ( ie: Indian Hindu's ) but rather did so against his co-religionist Bengali's. This was much after WW II in 1971.

You can read it here on this discussion board. A warning though, the pictures posted are most disgusting.

When world leaders like President Nixon despite knowing of the genocide write, " lets not squeeze Yahya " you can bet that genocide will recurr again and again.

Comment

Can't this be moved to a correct sub forum?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                    Can't this be moved to a correct sub forum?
                    I agree. History and Warfare maybe?

Comment

Yes, genocide is and always will be a problem. Strange thing is, you see a disproportionate amount of media attention towards the Holocaust, which is long done and over. I was taught in public schools a helluva lot more about the Holocaust than (then) current genocides taking place.
                      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

If nothing else genocide is an effective form of population control...

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                          Yes, genocide is and always will be a problem. Strange thing is, you see a disproportionate amount of media attention towards the Holocaust, which is long done and over. I was taught in public schools a helluva lot more about the Holocaust than (then) current genocides taking place.
                          Correct on that, we spent more days on the Holocaust then the rest of WW2 combined, and litterly only half a class on the actual war (combat, parcipitants etc).

Comment

They want to make sure that we never forget, yet fail to inform us of similar happenings that were then taking place.
                            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Well I like this theory put for by English Comedian and drag queen, Eddie Izzard, the reason we care so much about the Holocaust and perhaps the entire Genocide movement in WWII is Hitler killed people other than his own. Think about it, Pol Pot Kills 1.3 million Cambodians and the world just thinks 'my, you must wake up very early in the morning for that.' But one you go outside your borders, stupid man.

Can genocide happen again, of course, all the rest of the world needs is no reason to intervene. While NATO bombed Yugoslavia into sucession, the Rwanadans were butchering each other, why?
                              In my opinion, the western powers had incentive to encourage the disentigration of Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia, unlike the rest of the Iron Curtan (forgive my spelling), was far more autonomous, they were exporting automobiles (though rather shoddy) to the west. Yugoslavia, totally free of Russian influence after 1991, could become a new force in Eastern Europe, to foil the expansion of the EU, and perhaps create an economic block with the other Eastern European Countries. Though this block would be much weaker than the EU, it could, in the long run, pose a threat. Unlike Rwanda,a piece of land in the proverbial middle of no-where; to analogize Bismarck, fighting so far from home for a cause you dont care, isn't worth a Pomerianian Grenadiers bones.

Comment

Working...
                              X