Could genocide happen again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdBlueLight
    Please read the following quote by M21Sniper.

The statement posted by M21Sniper is wrong and justify what the member text is even worst.

Victims of Genocide were subjected to an ideological extermination policy using inhumane methods such as starvation, slave labor, massacres, human slaughter, pillage, rape, and torture, to achieve the eradication of individuals who are of different ethnicity’s, religions, cultures and organs.

Amusing the horrific event is disrespectful to those who died and to the individuals who survived during the mass killings, in addition to the countries that had to intervene (either directly or indirectly) thus liberating a nation's inhabitants from the systematic mass murders of an oppressive power.

I don’t care for your pointless remarks.
    While I compliment you on your use of English I would respectfully suggest you look up the meanings of sarcasm, irony, and "black humour'. It would give you far greater insight into the meaning behind peoples words. :)
    Last edited by Parihaka; 13 Apr 06,, 05:42.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by shek
      Look at the number of posts of both Snipe and the board members who are vouching for him. That should probably clue you in about the fact that we know him pretty well.
      It doesn’t matter how many members vouch for M21Sniper, the member posted statement is still disrespectful.

Snipe was not making light or fun of genocide.
      Then what was the point he was trying to achieve?

Originally posted by parihaka
      I would respectfully suggest you look up the meanings of sarcasm, irony, and "black humour'. It would give you far greater insight into the meaning behind peoples words. :)
      It is unacceptable to use irony or black humor in an attempt to excuse's ones inhumane statements about Genocide.
      Last edited by ColdBlueLight; 14 Apr 06,, 05:15.

Comment

It is unacceptable to use irony or black humor in an attempt to excuse's ones inhumane statements about Genocide.
        Unacceptable to whom? To someone who has not seen the number of dead bodies that M21 has seen and smelled? You don't have the high ground on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          Unacceptable to whom? To someone who has not seen the number of dead bodies that M21 has seen and smelled?
          What is your point?

You don't have the high ground on this one.
          Could you be a little more specific?

Comment

M21 was in combat against the very bastards committing the crimes you speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
              M21 was in combat against the very bastards committing the crimes you speak of.
              Then one has to wonder why the member would post such an inhumane statement.
              Last edited by ColdBlueLight; 14 Apr 06,, 15:39.

Comment

Read the news, theres this foreign country called 'Sudan', in this place known as 'Sudan' there is a large mass genocide happening. So...yea, its happening now.
                [Wasting Space]

Comment

Originally posted by Trajan
                  Read the news, theres this foreign country called 'Sudan', in this place known as 'Sudan' there is a large mass genocide happening. So...yea, its happening now.
                  Since 2003, militias armed by the Sudanese government have swept through Darfur, raping women and burning villages to the ground. They tortured people by cutting off their ears and ripping their eyes out. While exact figures are unknown, the Coalition for International Justice estimated that the combined number of deaths from starvation, disease, or outright murder has coursed the death of ten-of thousands of people. An additional 2 million are displaced due to the violence.

One of the main reasons why there has been such little international help from the international community is because China has stood in the way of American-led efforts to put an end to the ongoing massacre. Since 2004, the United States has pushed for sanctions against the Sudanese government, but China has blocked every attempt because it has billions of dollars in oil investments in Sudan.

Comment

Because it's true and he tells it like it is.

Your read on Sudan already tells me that you know very little of the true nature of the area. The US ain't anymore ready to stop the butchering than China is. Alot of talk and no action, otherwise, an intervention force would have gone in with or without UN approval.

Comment

Because perhaps he knows a bit more about it than you? Just a guess. It is really easy to sit back and call someone inhumane. What are you doing to stop problems like these? I would bet you it isn't as much as he has.

Comment

It doesn’t matter how many members vouch for M21Sniper, the member posted statement is still disrespectful.

Then what was the point he was trying to achieve?

You're probably the type who would say it's unacceptable to make fun of the prophet of another religion.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

There is nothing humorous or laughable about Genocide.
                          Dude are you serious? Did you just come on here to try and find someone to fight with? This is a world board with a multitude of opinions. I can assure you that if your really that offended, which I doubt, then your going to have a hard time with alot of stuff thats said on this board.
                          I'm sure you don't think that most people would make light of genocide right? So why get so wrapped around the sprocket about it?
                          Snipe is a very smart, usually level headed person, from what I know of him. About 80% of the crap that he says I agree with and so do most on this board. All except for the DAT **** :)

Calm down like 4 notches dude, it will be alright ;)

edited to say:

And FWIW genocide is population control no matter how mad it makes you. The earths population would be + millions and millions without genocide. Is it right? Of course not, but its true.
                          Last edited by tankervet; 14 Apr 06,, 22:38.

Comment

PUBLICATION: The Toronto Sun
                            DATE: 2006.04.13
                            EDITION: Final
                            SECTION: Editorial/Opinion
                            PAGE: 22
                            ILLUSTRATION: photo by Radu Sigheti, Reuters A Sudanese woman carries her baby at a refugee camp in eastern Chad after fleeing Sudan's Darfur region.
                            BYLINE: LEWIS MACKENZIE in Bosnia in the 1990s.
                            WORD COUNT: 594
                            GENERAL AGREEMENT ROMEO DALLAIRE SAID THE 'WHITE MAN' WASN'T THE ANSWER IN DARFUR. HAS HE FLIP-FLOPPED?

It's not often that reading a statement in print takes your breath away, leaving you speechless. When I read the account of Sen. Romeo Dallaire's April 8 interview with CTV News, it happened to me. Discussing the genocide in Darfur, Dallaire opined that what's needed is "not developing countries' troops" but "developed countries' troops, from middle powers like Canada."

Rewind the tape to May 29 last year, when the same newly-minted senator -- then perhaps more inclined to utter the policy of the Liberals who appointed him -- said in response to my call for Western intervention in Darfur: "Anyone who says that the era of the white man going into Africa to sort out their problems is what should still remain is someone who's totally disconnected from the reality of Africa."

Rewind to even earlier times -- prior to his Senate appointment -- and the same Dallaire was outspoken in his call for Western intervention including, ideally, NATO forces.

If the reader is dizzy by now from Dallaire's opinions, it would be understandable. Having apparently turned 360 degrees on the issue of Western intervention in Darfur, at least he is back to where he should have stayed in the first place.

Recent reports that the UN will soon ask Dallaire to review a peacekeeping plan for Darfur are equally shocking. In Rwanda, Dallaire commanded the military component of what became the UN's largest military failure in its history. This was clearly not solely Dallaire's responsibility; however, by his own admission, his lack of previous experience with the UN severely handicapped him in convincing senior officials to pay attention to the disaster unfolding around him as 800,000 Rwandans were slaughtered.

Prior to his appointment to the Senate, Dallaire argued that the West should not stand idly by as thousands were slain in the Darfur region of Sudan by proxies of their own country's government. He was joined in this plea by virtually every compassionate person who was aware of the genocide.

The five permanent members of the UN Security Council -- in keeping with their habit of refusing to deal with internal conflicts, no matter how tragic, that might negatively affect the self-interests of one or more of their members -- sat on their hands and did nothing, for years.

But upon his elevation to the Senate and appointment to a committee to review the situation in Darfur, Dallaire declared that the UN-authorized African Union (AU) peacekeeping force was up to the task. What was not noted was the fact that the African Union force's mandate only authorized it to use deadly force to defend itself, not the Darfurians.

In an appalling statement, the senator and his committee colleagues recently opined that the slaughter of Darfurians was declining. In one month this year, the number of killings appears to have dropped by 5,000 -- it's difficult to obtain accurate figures on genocide. Did the committee fail to recognize that perhaps the numbers were down because after years of genocide there were fewer Darfurians left to murder?

So now, following years of indecision, the UN has a plan which a former commander of its largest peacekeeping failure will review. Unfortunately, the UN's record is abysmal.

The answer to Darfur's disaster and Khartoum's intransigence is for the Security Council to subcontract the rescue mission to NATO. Subcontracting to a U.S.-led force worked in Somalia (the mission failed when the UN took it over in mid-1993), it worked when Australia was asked to take the lead in East Timor in 1999 and it could work in Darfur.

As for the Khartoum government which would resist such a mission, tough. It's time for the UN-endorsed Canadian concept of "responsibility to protect" to move from theory to practice.

Comment

Thankfully we live here in the USA, and we're allowed to use humor, or anything similar, in our daily lives for any subject. Statements are not inhumane, ever.
                              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I'm terribly sorry, I mistook you for someone who had a brain, my bad, won't happen again
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X