X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten buildings In The World:Bird Nest Is The Best

buildings In The World:Bird Nest Is The Best

"The Times" comment the 'most intrepid project' in global construction, bird nest, CCTV new address, Captical International Airport rank among the top ten.

After carrying off the right to host the Olympic Games of 2012 Olympic Games, a share of hot buildings appear in Britain, but this is only the building iceberg corner of the world, from U.S.A. to Kazakhstan, a lot of places in the world have presented the past the building rare to see is hot. Dubai, Beijing, Shanghai, Moscow rivet foot strength, hope to occupy one seat on the stage of building of the world.

"The Times" comment ten pieces of biggest and most important construction work in construction at present. The construction work lets people look over without forgetting, the majority is in large scale, certainly have minority to quite have objection too, but some really deserve to be called the architectural oddity, and these buildings will all change the history of the building and even this world.
    Top Ten buildings In The World:Bird Nest Is The Best

there are three buildings from beijing are enlisted into the top 10,feel happy for my hometown.way to go

wikipedia
    National Centre for the Performing Arts (China)
    National Centre for the Performing Arts (China) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

very nice buildings,

you should give out details about who designed them? How long and how much did the building took to be completed etc. etc. Its much easier then.

Comment

The glasswork reminds me of the Javits center here in New York.

On a side note, I played a military simulation game with it's owner in the summer of 2006 (he cut me in line).
        Last edited by jame$thegreat; 16 Sep 08,, 22:47.

Comment

The world's largest building – the new Terminal at Beijing Capital International Airport

The world's largest building – the new Terminal at Beijing Capital International Airport - opens on the 29th February

Comment

The world's largest building – the new Terminal at Beijing Capital International Airport

Comment

the largest performing arts center in the world, twice as big as the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington.

Chinese unveil mammoth arts center - International Herald Tribune

Comment

the CCTV headquarters, when complete, will be "the second-biggest office building in the world after the Pentagon, in terms of useable floor area."

China puts twist on traditional skyscraper - USATODAY.com

Comment

the world's largest steel structure
                  Beijing National Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by haidian; 17 Sep 08,, 16:01.

Comment

China Beijing National Aquatics Center - Water Cube

National Geographic special
                    YouTube - China Beijing National Aquatics Center - Water Cube[H2O]3 (1of5)

Comment

China Beijing National Aquatics Center - Water Cube

Comment

some reports say that beijing is becoming the fourth most modern city in china.only after hongkong,shanghai and shenzhen.that is a good news,but still,the strict building hight restriction law and city planning should still be in place.the skyscrapers should always be put up away from the city inner city.cause beijing is such an historical city,rich in culture and chinese traditional architecture.modern elements should avoid old beijing area.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                          very nice buildings,

you should give out details about who designed them? How long and how much did the building took to be completed etc. etc. Its much easier then.
                          That would be spilling the beans and taking the sheen off Haidan's Gloat Campaign!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Here is another beautiful one, but not from China
                            Attached Files

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

But try to beat this:
                              Attached Files

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X