No announcement yet.

Corporate (Military Industrial Complex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate (Military Industrial Complex)

The only reason I posted the story was because of the quote from Eisenhower about the dangers of military industrial complex taking over and the story was decent.

(same story in both links I think the first link is cleaner)
    Tomgram: Frida Berrigan, The Pentagon Legacy of the MBA President
    Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs
    I read this story (block pop-ups before you go there)
    its fairly disturbing.

How companies are gaming the system and bleeding Pentagon of funds for work etc... over billing and the takeover of military industrial complex profit motive.

The 26% more in private contractor pay is not disturbing, kind of low come to think of it but the profits by the companies themselves where they lease a vehicle for 120k to the gov't instead of the gov't buying it by itself for 40k is a bit insane.

Thats what happened in Russia the MIC(mil ind complex) got too unwieldy and collapsed under the weight of incompetence.
    Last edited by cyppok; 16 Sep 08,, 04:55.
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

C. Wright Mills did some famous research on this in 1956. His conclusions were that there used to be multiple political elites fighting eachother for power before WO II. But they all started working together in WO II forming what he calls a "powerelite".
    All research regarding power is very controversial though. Mills has been criticised for being impressionistic. His method is: if this happens and that happens, this must be true.
    Last edited by JamesCash; 16 Sep 08,, 08:28.
    Knowledge is annoying
    -K. Pilkington

Comment

Working...
    X