The Blues-wire GWoT Update Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blues-wire GWoT Update Thread

I thought some of y'all may be interested in reading about our activities in the GWoT (UNCLAS version, of course). So here it is: the mother of all vanity-threads. :)

The latest from Bagram AB Operating Rooms

I just got off the phone with Capt Bluesman, my favorite wife. She said she had a wicked-busy shift, and it was mostly Bad Guys that have been treated to some un-love by our Good Guys. One lost an eye, and was still fairly feisty: under guard, sedated, badly wounded, and still willing to put up a fight. He won't be much good to aim anymore.

Another won't be running around those hills too well: a foot almost blown off. She said it looked like there was a grenade INSIDE the foot, and his guard said it was 'purty effed up'. Yep, it was.

WAY too many locals came in; this must've been a big battle. From what she could gather, not all of the locals were just innocently caught in the crossfire. Seems that some have been delivering frozen burritos and Red Bull to the Bad Guys when they should've been helping Mom with the chores and doing their homework. But NOOOOO, they hadda go out in the middle of the night and hang with their hooligan friends, and NOW look at 'em.

Let this be a lesson to you youngsters: stay in skool, and you won't get 2.75" rockets shot at you.

Unfortunately, she also saw a handful of friendlies on her tables, too. Not many, and none hurt very badly, but this was a BIG fight, and naturally, our folks took some knocks, too. And yesterday...a rather big loss (not in numbers, but in importance), that I won't go into yet.

But she's fine, and apart from a busy day, it was a good'un, and she did her part in this Big Ole War.

I'll do mine later today: I'm in training to be a Mission Support Analyst for our U-2, Global Hawk and Predator missions over Afghanistan and Iraq. It's actually a step DOWN from my Senior Analyst duties, but our commander has ordered that everybody that works with the AN/GSQ-272 Sentinel Weapons System WILL have a qualification, and mine will be as an MSA.

And that's why I'll be working on a Sunday. I have to do my training on personal time, because my normal duties are more than full-time. But I don't really mind: I LOVE THIS JOB. I've got a great trainer, too. A Staff Sergeant, SMART as anybody I've ever met...but with a really bad attitude. He's just counting off his last nine months until he can leave the USAF. But until then, he's giving the job all he's got, which is to his credit.

Okay, too long for a first entry, so I'll close it out. Don't have any idea if anybody will be interested, but I'll keep posting.

Comment

Of course we are interested, but it sounds like you have a favorite wife and not so favorite wife????:)):)):)):P
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Definitely interested.

-dale

Comment

I just got off the phone with Capt Bluesman, my favorite wife.
          Dammit man, loose lips sink ships!1!

===
          Kidding of course Mrs. Blueswoman
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            Of course we are interested, but it sounds like you have a favorite wife and not so favorite wife????:)):)):)):P
            Hasn't everyone?:))

Comment

blues Reply

Appreciate the info and wish your family the absolute best. I know that they'll do their best to keep a low profile downrange.

God bless them and you, man.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Definately interested.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  Definitely interested.

-dale
                  Yes, please tell us more about the not so favorite wives.

Oh yeah, and I am also interested in more of the nitty-gritties on the war as in not the PR effort or the MSM bias.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I love this kind of offbeat color. :) Yes, very interesting. Hope Mrs. Blues is relatively safe. Hope you can throw in some big picture details--unclass of course.:)
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

made this a sticky. :)
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Definitely interested. :)

Comment

Got to speak to her from the office (mine, that is) today. The battle is still going hammer-'n'-tongs up in the hills, and she's seeing more captured WIAs coming in. Brits and Canucks...I'm sorry, but you lost at least one each yesterday. Won't help to know this, but she and everybody in the OR busted their asses for 'em before they passed. I'm sorry, guys, and I know she is, too.

On a more pleasant note, she's buddied-up with a kiwi loggie. Her name is Michelle, and she's a New Zealand Air Force Wing Commander. (That's a rank, not a position, like in the USAF, and equates to a Lieutenant Colonel.) They have dinner together most days, and go to tae kwon do for exercise. I sent her all of her cold-weather gear, and it got there today, along with a couple of things she wanted me to send. And that's all of the news from HER.

Blueskid seems really busy; he's gone radio silent. I got his unit's intel shop up in a secret chatroom today, though, and snooped around a bit. Dad-type snooping, you understand: how's he doing, is he a good soldier, is he well-liked, that kind of thing. Well, it seems EVERYbody knows who he is, and he seems popular and well-thought-of by the NCOs. Interestingly, they seem to know about ME, too. It was cool to ask for him and have SGT M_______ come back with 'Is this his dad?' :)

Well, I seriously miss my woman right now, so I'm going to compensate for the void by eating a bit of Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee' ice cream (my new favorite). Won't substitute, won't even come close, but man, that's all I've got right now.

And it's not as bad for me as getting blind drunk on Grey Goose and OJ. Which was an alternative that I have been considering.

Gonna be a long four months, folks.
                          Last edited by Bluesman; 16 Sep 08,, 04:02.

Comment

Master-Sergeant,

Thank you. I just checked the news wire and there is nothing about our newly Fallen. I will steel myself for the news when it comes out.

Please keep up the blog. It helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                              And it's not as bad for me as getting blind drunk on Grey Goose and OJ. Which was an alternative that I have been considering.

Gonna be a long four months, folks.
                              That's a lotta CM turns we could throw back & forth.

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X