X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan Legends

AsalamuAlaykum:

Dear readers and viewers here we start a series of Introducing celebrated afghan figures,introducing there personality,nationality,there great deeds,there sacrifices for the sake of the country,there life and there era's circumstances.these Information are gathered and collected from various Pashto Dari books.and i decided to translate in into English so as we and you all can get Inf from it.
    Let us start from:

Malala “Paighla”

About the life events of Malalay, as who was she? Whose daughter she was? And which village she lived in? there are not complete Information available. But in the conquest of Maiwand, a fight of honor, her rule and part in prominent and known as sunlight. Both national and historical heritages are approximately accorded on this point but with very less change in the context confirms her decisive and dramatic rule in the conquest of Maiwand.

In the Book “Pashtanay Mairmani” the author Abdul Rauf Benawa writes:
    On Monday, 8th month, 1297 lu. When all Afghan youths, olds, husbands and wives had put their heads on field for the protection of the country, and ready for sacrifices, it was peak noon, all conquerors were very tired and weary, the desert of Maiwand had no water as well, and they were very near to be facing defeat, while the flag-holder of the army wounded seriously and the flag fell from his hands, but suddenly a girl “Maid” came and pick the flag up proudly with her red fingers and called:

"With a drop of my sweetheart's blood,
    Shed in defense of the Motherland,
    Will I put a beauty spot on my forehead,
    Such as would put to shame the rose in the garden,"

"Young love! If you do not fall in the battle of Maiwand,
    By God, someone is saving you as a symbol of shame!"

This is voice was not a voice but a heaven voice which warmed youths blood up, and forcibly attacked the enemy by calling Allah-u-Akbar, scattered the enemies and protected this soil from their steps. This girl was called Malala.

In some other narrations the above concept is taken with some less changes in the context as following:

From one side the enemies lying on the desert of Maiwand, equipped and supplied with every kind of weapons, but from the opposite side vacant handed, but Faith and Belief equipped afghans entered the field of confrontation, willing to expel infidel troops and get the country free of their aggressive paws.
    Afghan courageous women seeing there brothers in war joined in this war too, some of them supplied food, water and gunpowder for them, while the rest fought and combated the enemies shoulder by shoulder with there brothers and relatives. Thus malala was among them.

It was a peak noon when the malalay saw the enemies grouped in large numbers and supplied with various weapons and Machineries , but on the contrary, but on the contrary, Afghan conquerors vacant handed and thirsty seriously very closed to be defeated. Seeing this she climbed up a high level of the surface and recited these Landay “Afghan Folk songs” at the conquerors with the heart full of warm and boiling emotions:

"Young love! If you do not fall in the battle of Maiwand,
    By God, someone is saving you as a symbol of shame!"

Each word of her Landay, like arrows, hit the hearts of conquerors, there blood got warmed and ablaze, there hesitated and disappointed hearts felt courage, and ran at them zealously calling, Allah-u-Akbar, enemy-defeating call. And made a bloody day on them. Soon after a while she climbed again up a high level of the surface and called:

"With a drop of my sweetheart's blood,
    Shed in defense of the Motherland,
    Will I put a beauty spot on my forehead,
    Such as would put to shame the rose in the garden,"

Enemy forces got strongly defeated, and a huge and massive casualty toke place among them.
    The author of (Afghanistan Dar Masseer Tarikh) quotes Mirza Yaqoob Khawafi’s book as writes, that among 12thousand English troops only 25 remained alive and succeeded escaping from the field in this war.
    Maiwand was conquered, who conquered it? Of course, Malalay conquered it.

The auther of (zmoz Ghaziyan) Muhammad wali Zalmay quotes 453page of (Shir Porhayee ferozee Maiwand):

“When the maiwand was conquered in the result of huge casualties and sacrifices, and Afghan Conquerors were going to bury their Martyrs, Ghazi Sardar Muhammad Ayub Khan asked: who is this girl, which caused Afghan Army emotional and courageous in such a sensitive and tender situation by her Landays?, some one replied: she is “Malala”, the daughter of a shepherd, the resident of Maiwand. Another replied: she is very brave, so she should be buried along with Martyrs. Ayub Khan replied: well said. All the Imaams and National soldiers of the holy war prayed, asking her Forgiveness from Almighty Allah. And then submitted her to soil.

In the same manner Mer Ghulam Muhammad Ghobar in the book “Afghanistan Dar Maseeri Tarikh” and Louis Dupree in his book “Afghanistan” admires and confirms Malalays Sacrifices and her reputations.

These above statements proofs that Malaly has won Martyrdom in this same Maiwand historical confrontation. And has gained an everlasting reputation. This great and glorious great deed in written in golden lines in the history of afghanistan and until any afghan or Afghanistan is left, none would forget it, and would be celebrated with great respect. The grave of this celebrated and renowned girl is discovered in Maiwand Martyr’s graveyard and much people visit her shrine. Her Soul be Glad and Her remembrance, forever!
    Last edited by Benawa; 31 Aug 08,, 05:21.

afghanistan is truly a land of legend , benawa can you also post some more legends i am particularly interested in legends from the pre-islamic times in afghanistan there must be some . in india we have the kandahar region mentioned in the ramayana as gandharva . this was the place where queen kaikeyi was born and brought up. queen kayikeyi was the mother of prince bharat (the half-brother of lord rama). indian gets its name as bharat from prince bharat.

Comment

^^ This Bharat is not the one that India got it's name from.

That Bharat is the son of King Dushyant of the Mahabharata fame. Kalidasa has also written a play on that.
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

Originally posted by WhamBam View Post
        ^^ This Bharat is not the one that India got it's name from.

That Bharat is the son of King Dushyant of the Mahabharata fame. Kalidasa has also written a play on that.
        i think like many other aspects of indian history that part is also disputed.

Comment

Originally posted by bengalraider View Post
          i think like many other aspects of indian history that part is also disputed.
          No its not. This part is not disputed and WhamBam is correct on this one

Comment

On Afghan Legends, the icon you're using of Ahmed Shah Durrani, was'nt he the guy who after returning to Afghanistan from several plunder trips to India, once thought he'd raid the Golden temple back on the way..he did and filled up the Sarovar (pond) with carcass, blood and bones of cows and slaughtered people? Before you introduce us to Afghan legends, should'nt you take care of being a bit sensitive first?

Comment

Before you introduce us to Afghan legends, should'nt you take care of being a bit sensitive first?
              :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( - you get the prize

Durrani also set up the "modern" state of Afghanistan. So to a bunch of Afghans he would be sort of a big deal. Furthermore just about every important leader hacked up someone or had functionaries hack someone up. The really great leaders hacked up lots of people or had functionaries hack lots of people up.

Yeah Durrani is no Nadir Shah not Timurlane, but who is?

Do you want some whine with that cheese?

===
              More Afghan legends please.
              Last edited by troung; 31 Aug 08,, 21:25.
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Furthermore just about every important leader hacked up someone or had functionaries hack someone up. The really great leaders hacked up lots of people or had functionaries hack lots of people up.
                You say this in the same breath put up a signature statement..

To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway
                You don't find it ironic?

Well thats understable considering you've gotta pay 500 USD for an hour of sex. Hey put up a pic of Bin Laden and frolic around, you'll certainly be loved and the 'logic' and 'reasoning' you've ut up will stand. He's got a massive following too.
                Last edited by dilawar; 31 Aug 08,, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                  :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( - you get the prize
                  Yes, he does gets the prize. I cannot comprehend your anger sir ... or whatever

So to an Afghan he would be sort of a big deal
                  Just like OBL is a big thing to a lot of people in Middle-East;so that makes him a good and acceptable man worthy of slightest discussion.Your lack of common-sense intrigues me.

Furthermore just about every important leader hacked up someone or had functionaries hack people up
                  My 2 cents..take it.
                  1) Hitler did exactly the same and increased the German empire, never before seen in history.Germany never occupied so much land mass unless Hitler came and as per your logic "hacked up someone or had functionaries hack people up", average Germans should be very proud of Hitler??
                  2) Or do you mean Clinton,Gandhi,Martin Luther King,Nelson Mandela,Churchill,Reagen were not Important leaders? Care to elaborate?? or are you implying that they also "hacked up someone or had functionaries hack people up".

Yeah Durrani is no Nadir Shah not Timurlane, but who is?
                  Rapist,Thief,Plunderer,Nomadic Goon,Bloodthirsty evil incarnate,Son of Satan and others

More Afghan legends please.
                  Trust me with your logic, OBL and Al-zawahiri are next. They valiantly fought with both the superpowers
                  Last edited by Sumku; 31 Aug 08,, 21:43.

Comment

Well thats understable considering you've gotta pay 500 USD for sex.
                    If I have to explain choking to you, then you have probably never been laid. And if you are not prepared to pay top dollar to be choked then dammit you probably ain't got the money or taste either.

Fail at the attempted insult BTW.

Hey put up a pic of Bin Laden and frolic around
                    Ahmad Shah Durrani wasn't Bin Laden.

Unless of course you want to lobby for a rule that you can't have an icon of someone/something that killed someone - or would your rule simply apply having a icon of a commander/leader who killed someone in India? I am sure it would be. Dude set up the country this topic is about.

You don't find it ironic?
                    You are a whiner, this gentleman opens a topic and you ***** about him putting a non-Hitler national hero (nor a terrorist can't put those either) as his icon. God (swt) STFU .

===
                    Mohr Afghan legands plz.
                    Last edited by troung; 31 Aug 08,, 22:05.

Comment

And if you are not prepared to pay top dollar to be choked then dammit you probably ain't got the money either.
                      Fail at the attempted insult BTW.
                      I don't care what you do with a 500 $ an hour call girl when you get dirty. And people who boast about paying top dollar for call girls don't seem tops in character ratings for sure. Irrespective of the slangs you use.

You are a whiner, this gentleman opens a topic and you ***** about him putting a non-Hitler national hero (nor a terrorist can't put those either) as his icon. God (swt) STFU
                      Whats the whine about asking a guy in a forum talking about Afghan legends about putting up an icon of a man who mass killed, plundered, and raided in addition to defiling religious places with carcasses, blood of beheaded bodies. Oh but thats perfectly OK with you. The gentleman can talk freely on a world forums on Afghan Legends with little care about Sikh or religious sensitivity. And we're not entitled to put that question to him. STFU for yourself Troung. You're a troll, baiting people. Indians mostly i gather.

Comment

I don't care what you do with a 500 $ an hour call girl when you get dirty. And people who boast about paying top dollar for call girls don't seem tops in character ratings for sure. Irrespective of the slangs you use.
                        You have such a miserable grasp on the English language.

Whats the whine about asking a guy in a forum talking about Afghan legends about putting up an icon of a man who mass killed, plundered, and raided in addition to defiling religious places with carcasses, blood of beheaded bodies.
                        Need a yawn icon. He also killed Uzbeks, Tajiks and Hazaras... wait for... wait for... ok... over 250 years ago. And in the mean time became the national hero for Pasthun Afghans and founder of a state.

We all can't get George Washington (who owned slaves and had Indians killed) some of us have to "settle" for Mohamed Shaybani or Ahmed Shah Durrani.

Oh but thats perfectly OK with you. The gentleman can talk freely on a world forums on Afghan Legends with little care about Sikh or religious sensitivity.
                        Oh oh, we found it.

You're a troll, baiting people. Indians mostly i gather.
                        Yeap because I have been here for 5 years baiting Indians.

Comment

Need a yawn icon. He also killed Uzbeks, Tajiks and Hazaras... wait for... wait for... ok... over 250 years ago. And in the mean time became the national hero for Pasthun Afghans and founder of a state.
                          You do acknowledge now after some Wiki reading he did indulge in killing more than one person. We know where Pashtuns are headed because of such Iconism. To win the War on Terror it's important to change the image to some other Icons in many groups over the ME to Pakistan. Even Bin Laden is an Icon. Durrani today would be the equivalent of Bin Laden or Mullah Omar today. We've battled Islamic terrorism many times over and continue to do so in in modern times.

Yeap because I have been here for 5 years baiting Indians.
                          Time does'nt matter. Bin Laden was a good Civil Engineering student and Al Zawahari was a good medical doctor. Hitler was a good soldier and awarded medals for bravery. They all stood the test of time to be leaders in what they did. It's what they finally did what mattered. The little that people saw of Hitler, Bin Laden, Zawahari in the last few years is what matters. Same i've seen you flame bait and troll unashamedly. You're full of hate for India Troung..trust me India has never harmed any nation nor invaded another in her History.
                          Last edited by dilawar; 31 Aug 08,, 22:40.

Comment

You do acknowledge now after some Wiki reading he did indulge in killing more than one person.
                            I knew who he was.

To win the War on Terror it's important to change the image to some other Icons in many groups over the ME to Pakistan. E
                            One does that by sanitizing them, not saying your national hero and founder of your state was a terrorist or a gay homicidal clown. We don't all get to be founded by George Washington.

Worse is you miss the actual issue with him.

Durrani today would be the equivalent of Bin Laden or Mullah Omar today.
                            Nope. More a Dostum.

Time does'nt matter. Bin Laden was a good Civil Engineering student and Al Zawahari was a good medical doctor. Hitler was a good soldier and awarded medals for bravery. They all stood the test of time to be leaders in what they did. It's what they finally did what mattered. The little that people saw of Hitler, Bin Laden, Zawahari in the last few years is what matters.

Same i've seen you flame bait and troll unashamedly. You're full of hate for India Troung..

trust me India has never harmed any nation nor invaded another in her History.
                            Quoted for win.
                            Last edited by troung; 01 Sep 08,, 00:28.

Comment

One does that by sanitizing them, not saying your national hero and founder of your state was a terrorist.
                              Yeah sure..thats the way to go. Lets sanitize Adolf Hitler, Bin Laden, Stalin, Mao, Zawahari, Dawood Ibrahim, LeT, Hizbul Mujahideen, Hamas..the list goes on. Wow i find it admirable you've managed to troll 5 years here. You've got some cheek to on top of that to meet up with folks here and ridicule them whether they earn enough to pay call girls at the rate of 500 $ an hour.

Stinker and troll to boot Troung. I have little respect for you. You can try and sanitize any goddamned terrorist you want. I will also remind you that Afghanistan/ Pakistan were historical Hindu/ Buddhist territories before Islamists like Durrani, Ghazni, Taliban, ISI, AQ have laid seige. Sanitize them all. You'll soon have no history to talk about.

Comment

Working...
                              X