Holy Shit.

That's awesome.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
      Holy Shit.

That's awesome.

-dale
      I think you said it all right there Dale.Amazing,Rusty,just outright amazing.
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Amazing story RB, I have heard this recounted before but would not have known the name if asked, you must be very proud.
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

I would like to shake your hand.

Comment

Damn! Sounds like a remarkable man.
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              Damn! Sounds like a remarkable man.
              Unfortunately, he and my mother divorced when I was quite young and didn't get to know him very well. My mother hated his guts. But my maternal grandfather got along with him pretty well and I got along with his father pretty well.

It took a while to get the story of his feat sort of straightened out. It was actually my maternal grandmother (who didn't like him either) that told me basically what he did was to sneak into the German lines. The idea of impersonating a German officer - in a German uniform - would have got him shot on the spot as a spy if found out. But he was nuts enough to pull that off since his style of speaking German did not have a Milwaukee accent but a slight Russian accent (his father was a Cossack).
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
              X