Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In current Russia-Georgia conflict, who is right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In current Russia-Georgia conflict, who is right?

In current Russia-Georgia conflict, who has the right stance in your view?
    Russia
    53.95%
    Georgia
    33.55%
    Other
    12.50%

Georgia, better to fight and die, than roll over like a whipped dog and die anyway. The real poll should be who will Russia attack next. Perhaps Estonia, after all they dared to try and remove statues made by Russians for Russians in Estonia. Or maybe the Ukraine, after all their naked aggression against Russia for not threatening the Black Sea fleet which used Ukrainian ports to attack a UN member state. Not trying to break Godwin's Law, but Putin is a legalist like a certain bullet eater in the 30's and 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      Georgia, better to fight and die, than roll over like a whipped dog and die anyway. The real poll should be who will Russia attack next. Perhaps Estonia, after all they dared to try and remove statues made by Russians for Russians in Estonia. Or maybe the Ukraine, after all their naked aggression against Russia for not threatening the Black Sea fleet which used Ukrainian ports to attack a UN member state. Not trying to break Godwin's Law, but Putin is a legalist like a certain bullet eater in the 30's and 40's.
      The questions you are asking are all the wrong ones :) Nobody cares about Estonia or Ukraine, or even Georgia. Those countries take more than they can give.

The real question is - will US trade those for the real gold in Iran? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
        The questions you are asking are all the wrong ones :) Nobody cares about Estonia or Ukraine, or even Georgia. Those countries take more than they can give.

The real question is - will US trade those for the real gold in Iran? ;)
        Iran is a wholly owned franchise of Russia they just don't know it yet. Putin got them to agree to ban all western firms from the Caspian Sea. If Iran wants at its energy Reserves it has to go through Russia. They probably can't even grow their own thanks to Russia not vetoing sanctions. Normally the Russian's aren't very slick in diplomacy being very much a bear. But dealing with Iran was some of the slickest moves I've ever seen or heard about.

Comment

Iran is a wholly owned franchise of Russia they just don't know it yet. Putin got them to agree to ban all western firms from the Caspian Sea. If Iran wants at its energy Reserves it has to go through Russia. They probably can't even grow their own thanks to Russia not vetoing sanctions. Normally the Russian's aren't very slick in diplomacy being very much a bear. But dealing with Iran was some of the slickest moves I've ever seen or heard about.
          Everyone changes, and the world changes too. There are times when you have all the aces, and there are times when you got to trade some.

If US could take Iran alone like in the old times, they would be done it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
            Everyone changes, and the world changes too. There are times when you have all the aces, and there are times when you got to trade some.

If US could take Iran alone like in the old times, they would be done it by now.
            You've made a basic mistake in reasoning there. If some one does not do something, it does not automatically follow that they are not doing it because they cannot do it. The US has never attacked Iran offensively despite all sorts of provocations. Keeping the oil flowing without interruption has been more important. So until that guiding tenet changes, the failure of the US to attack Iran cannot be seen as the inability to attack Iran, but as a lack of desire to attack Iran.

Comment

You've made a basic mistake in reasoning there. If some one does not do something, it does not automatically follow that they are not doing it because they cannot do it. The US has never attacked Iran offensively despite all sorts of provocations. Keeping the oil flowing without interruption has been more important. So until that guiding tenet changes, the failure of the US to attack Iran cannot be seen as the inability to attack Iran, but as a lack of desire to attack Iran.
              We'll just wait and see. Not for long, really.

Comment

Ahaha.

You should really read up on Georgian history. When the turks would come into village, Georgians would be the first to present their sons to become Janisarries. Georgians don't fight to the end, they capitulate. The Pre-baltic states are a pit for Russia, I don't see Russians going into that ungrateful region ever again. And that black sea fleet port is originally Russian. You should hear what the people who live there say.

Comment

Originally posted by SovietHonor View Post
                  Ahaha.

You should really read up on Georgian history. When the turks would come into village, Georgians would be the first to present their sons to become Janisarries. Georgians don't fight to the end, they capitulate.
                  The racism aside, the gist of my post was not aimed at how the war ended, but how and why it began.

The Pre-baltic states are a pit for Russia, I don't see Russians going into that ungrateful region ever again.
                  The Baltic is a strategic imperative for a strong Russia.

And that black sea fleet port is originally Russian. You should hear what the people who live there say.
                  And parts of Russia where Chechen, your point being? Its Ukrainian now.

Comment

And parts of Russia where Chechen, your point being? Its Ukrainian now.
                    Chechnya is not a country, but rather a territory constantly fought for by it's neighbors. It's never been a sovereign country. So actually is Ukraine until some recent point.

South Osetia and Abxazia is a little bit different in a sense that they were never georgian's Georgia. They were always independent, semi-independent, or autonomous. Had their own kings, dukes and nobility in imperial times. And their own government at all others.

The conflict is continuing for centuries, and last time they defended their independence militarily in 1992.

Georgians just don't want to give them freedom.

Comment

"[QUOTE=lurker;530829]Chechnya is not a country, but rather a territory constantly fought for by it's neighbors. It's never been a sovereign country. So actually is Ukraine until some recent point."

Totaly incorrect in regards to Ukraine - it would be historicaly more correct to say that Russia is Ukrainian! The first Capital of the 'Rus' was Kiev and Muscowy but a backwater. To argue therefore that Ukraine has never been a country is to deny that Russia IS one...but I take that is not what you intended.

Comment

The war began because Georgians are racist and chauvistic. This Pres is an exact repeat of Gamsakhurdia. It was Gamsakhurdia who brought up ethnic tensions, and this idiot is no different.

Comment

I don't think anybody is right, but Russia seem to be the lesser of two evils here. Georgia should've allowed South Ossetia to become a part of North Ossetia like they wanted to, during the breakup of the USSR/Georgian independence. But they didn't. Instead they started a war which started all of this.

I'm not going to b*tch and moan that Russia are invading sovereign countries, it's not like the UK had anything to do with either Afghanistan or Iraq. And please don't take this last paragraph as trolling, it's actually quite on topic and relavent. Before I get banned for 24 hours again for criticizing my own nation/NATO/US.

Comment

Umm isn't your comment itself racist?

Comment

Originally posted by King Six View Post
                              I don't think anybody is right, but Russia seem to be the lesser of two evils here. Georgia should've allowed South Ossetia to become a part of North Ossetia like they wanted to, during the breakup of the USSR/Georgian independence. But they didn't. Instead they started a war which started all of this.

I'm not going to b*tch and moan that Russia are invading sovereign countries, it's not like the UK had anything to do with either Afghanistan or Iraq. And please don't take this last paragraph as trolling, it's actually quite on topic and relavent. Before I get banned for 24 hours again for criticizing my own nation/NATO/US.
                              As explained to you at the time, you got a 24 hour time out for trolling. Want to read the forum rules lest you get another?
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X