Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero-India 2009

Aero India - 2009 to be held in Bangalore from Feb 11

New Delhi, Aug 11 : The seventh edition of the Biennial International Aerospace Exposition, popularly known as Aero India - 2009, will be held at the Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bangalore from February 11-15, 2009.

Nearly 600 armament companies from home and abroad are expected to take part in the event.

Armament Majors from several countries including the United States, the UK, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Belgium, Brazil, Spain, Ukraine and The Netherlands have confirmed their participation in this Asia''s premier air show.

Around 330 companies from 50 countries abroad and 230 from India will set up their exhibits over an indoor display area of 32,000 sq meters and an additional 5,000 sq meters outdoors.

In addition, there will be 60 chalets. Nearly 100 different types of aircraft - both civil and military - will be on display.

Earlier, Defence Minister A K Antony has said that Aero India - 2009 should be conducted in such a manner that it provides a benchmark for similar shows being organised in various parts of the world.

"Proper lessons must be learned from the past experiences of holding these shows and enough care must be taken to ensure that every participant and stake holder goes back with happy memories of the show," he added.

The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has been selected as the event manager for Aero India - 2009, in which there will be several new elements.

Indian Air Force will bring out some of the vintage aircraft from its stable and fly them at the show.

The Ministry of Defence will also facilitate interaction between the overseas original equipment manufacturers and Indian Business Houses.

Similar interactions will also be encouraged between small and medium enterprises from home and abroad.

Efforts are also being made to give exposure to students of technical and engineering colleges to encourage them to be part of the country''s aim of becoming a design hub in aerospace technologies in the foreseeable future.

The centre will be spending nearly Rs. 20 crores to augment the infrastructure in and around the Air Force Station Yelahanka.

Coinciding with the event, an international seminar on aerospace technologies will be held on February 9-11, 2009 by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Aeronautical Society of India.

Aero India showcases the aeronautical and aerospace systems produced in India as well as by other living manufacturers from across the world.

It provides an important forum for industry - customer interaction, generating in the process, considerable business interest in the region. (ANI)
    " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

This time maybe Mukesh Ambhani will fly.:))

Comment

Err... is there any age limit for visiting this airshow ?
      " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Maybe an upper limit. Haha, doubt it though.
        I was there when I was 5 :p.

Comment

Originally posted by supersallu View Post
          This time maybe Mukesh Ambhani will fly.:))
          is it a bird, is it as plane no its superambaniman

Comment

Dont many of my fellow Indians in WAB live in Bangalore ?
            " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

I no longer live in Bangalore. I used to when I was young.

Comment

Working...
              X