Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir, I never thought CCP propoganda is so powerfull

Comment

• Goebbels has indeed left a mark on the world! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• You know after wading through page after page of this stuff, It seems to me that just like the Tibet thread, we need a "Praise the Glorious CCP and its wise and benevolent Leaders" thread.
        For one thing it would concentrate all the Photo(shop)s in one place.
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• Refrain:
          All things bright and beautiful,
          All creatures great and small,
          All things wise and wonderful,
          The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
          Each little bird that sings,
          He made their glowing colours,
          He made their tiny wings.

Refrain

The purple-headed mountain,
          The river running by,
          The sunset and the morning,
          That brightens up the sky;

Refrain

The cold wind in the winter,
          The pleasant summer sun,
          The ripe fruits in the garden,
          He made them every one;

Refrain

The tall trees in the greenwood,
          The meadows for our play,
          The rushes by the water,
          To gather every day;

Refrain

He gave us eyes to see them,
          And lips that we might tell
          How great is God Almighty,
          Who has made all things well.

Refrain
          CCP made it better! ;) :))

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Ahh that song brings back memories.....school days, singing at chapel.

Comment

• I am glad you remember it!

I am sure you are not a Christian, or are you?

If not, it show how tolerant India is.

We had non Christian boys singing lustily in the chapel.

On 13 Sep I attended the 173rd Commemorative Service of Our School Founder, Maj Gen Claude Martin. It was Presided by the Rt Revd Ashoke Biswas, the Bishop of Kolkata. It was a fabulous ceremony and it brought back memories of the School Days and there were many non Christians including the Chief Guest, Lt Gen VK Singh, AVSM, YSM, GOC in C, Eastern Command.

Yet, it was great to see that even the non Christians remembered the Lord's Prayer and other Christian rituals without flaw!

That is the greatness of secular India. All participate, even if it is not their religion!

Unity in Diversity. Living up to the National Motto!!
              Last edited by Ray; 16 Sep 08,, 08:38.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                Please yourself.

Ask your govt what they feel.

Why are they (the CCP and Chinese govt) so het up when Dalai Lama is received by the various Heads of State?

After all, HH Dalai Lama, as per you, is just a religious head! ;)

Just a harmless old man who is merely a religious head!
                You can try to think the other way round.

Why did Dalai Lama give up his independence goal? Please note that he has accepted that 'Tibet is an integral party of China'.

Why do those overseas Tibetans desparately want to stir up riots in Tibet? Hey, riots in Tibet were preplanned. Whether this coincided with the wishes of the local population is another question though.

Why are Dalai Lama and his followers so worried about the CCP rule?

Well, I know this involves taking side, but after thinking about all this, some may get this. Tibetans' desire for independence is fading, due to the economic prosperity, slow secularization and increase in living standard. The chance for any kind of independence will be even slimmer after Dalai Lama died, because at that time a new DaLai Lama will have to be selected and no matter whatever the result is, the new DaLai lama recognized by the overseas Tibetans will not enjoy comparable legitimacy in Tibet. The CCP can 'appoint' another DaLai Lama as well.

You know. Time is on the CCP's side. Overtime, desire for independence decreases, religous bondage weakens and anti-Chinese feeling fades.

This really worries those Tibetan independence advocates. If Chinese rule in Tibet is really so bad and hated, why do those overseas Tibetans make up all these Bull **** (e.g. genocide through one-child policy, extraction of natural resources, cultural revolution) to descredit China?

In principle, I support Tibetans' self-determination. But I just think self-determination won't necessarily lead to independence. Plus, time is on the CCP's side.

Comment

• even dalai lama accepts tibet is part of china,that means there is no way he can be a state leader,so what's the point for foreigner arguing about this,tha's kind of weird

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                    I am glad you remember it!

I am sure you are not a Christian, or are you?

If not, it show how tolerant India is.

We had non Christian boys singing lustily in the chapel.

On 13 Sep I attended the 173rd Commemorative Service of Our School Founder, Maj Gen Claude Martin. It was Presided by the Rt Revd Ashoke Biswas, the Bishop of Kolkata. It was a fabulous ceremony and it brought back memories of the School Days and there were many non Christians including the Chief Guest, Lt Gen VK Singh, AVSM, YSM, GOC in C, Eastern Command.

Yet, it was great to see that even the non Christians remembered the Lord's Prayer and other Christian rituals without flaw!

That is the greatness of secular India. All participate, even if it is not their religion!

Unity in Diversity. Living up to the National Motto!!
                    Actually I am a Christian, but you do have a point.
                    During my school days (Bishop Cotton Bangalore) we used to have 2 assemblies, one for Christians at Chapel and another normal assembly. However everyone liked to go to chapel, you got to sit inside a cool building out of the sun, sing songs and best of all got late to class!
                    Last edited by bolo121; 16 Sep 08,, 13:44.

Comment

• Why did Dalai Lama give up his independence goal? Please note that he has accepted that 'Tibet is an integral party of China'.
                      Nothing extraordinary actually.

Who will fight for Tibet's Independence?

The US, India, UK or France?

None will.

Therefore, it is better to accept a bad thing and live with it!

Does not require rocket science to fathom it!

Why do those overseas Tibetans desparately want to stir up riots in Tibet? Hey, riots in Tibet were preplanned. Whether this coincided with the wishes of the local population is another question though.
                      Nice try!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• By the way, Astralis, the Chinese government just legitimized renting out farmland to agribusiness. It'll be interesting to see what the results of such an action are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inst View Post
                          By the way, Astralis, the Chinese government just legitimized renting out farmland to agribusiness. It'll be interesting to see what the results of such an action are.
                          What do you think the result will be?

Comment

Working...
                          X