Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under what conditions would US surrender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's damn easy too. Celine Dion, William Shatner, Lorne Green, hell you even accepted Howie Mandell and the whole 2nd City cast as your own.

But we need to keep them on the other side of the border ... so we need that border staying up. Mexico won't take them.

Comment

Ah yes the oh so agressive northern Monties would invade with Ketchup chips and a scary tax system.... what a tragedy :P

Comment

Originally posted by AXForever View Post
        Ah yes the oh so agressive northern Monties would invade with Ketchup chips and a scary tax system.... what a tragedy :P
        don't forget 3 hour long lines at the doctors office

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          I'm guessing it would be entirely dependent on who it was that invaded. This is in no way meant as a criticism of US citizens per see but a comment on human nature in general: namely the more closely linked genetically the invaded nation is to the invaders, the more likely the invaders will be 'accepted' by the majority of the members of the invaded nation.
          To put it grossly; if China were to invade the US resistance would be fierce and constant. If Canada were to invade, more us citizens would simply get on with things and not resist, especially if their day to day lives didn't change much.
          I think most Americans would think (or hope) that they're closer to Chinese folk than Canadians

Comment

Originally posted by King Six View Post
            I think most Americans would think (or hope) that they're closer to Chinese folk than Canadians
            there certainly are more products in American's homes made in China than in Canada LOL

Comment

It's not in Americans' homes, but it is in their gas tanks - Canadian oil.
              HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                It's damn easy too. Celine Dion, William Shatner, Lorne Green, hell you even accepted Howie Mandell and the whole 2nd City cast as your own.

But we need to keep them on the other side of the border ... so we need that border staying up. Mexico won't take them.
                I still remember the SCTV episode with John Candy in "Hey, Giorgi." Best episode ever.

Comment

Under what conditions would US surrender? I can't believe nobody got this answer yet:

The US would surrender under a Democratic President. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                    Under what conditions would US surrender? I can't believe nobody got this answer yet:

The US would surrender under a Democratic President. :)
                    Oh go blow your self! Name One "God Fear'in" Republican who was or "is" better then FDR ;)

Comment

Well, you asked for it :)
                      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Old Abe. Teddy. Ike. Reagan.

Comment

It'd be similar to the Japanese surrender in 1945.

If I were facing the U.S. in a war I'd only ask "for unconditional, total, and acknowledged surrender" and nothing else because I wouldn't want to leave the U.S. or its allies the chance to get any leverage in post-war negotiations. We would be a country that would be full of people that'd say "I never admitted defeat", so a country seeking complete victory over us I think would be forced to just pound us until everyone gives a collective "I give".

Another condition for U.S. surrender, and one I've never understood why it wasn't practiced more throughout history. Kidnap the president and his leadership and say: "give your full surrender on camera to the nation or we'll kill you". The whole "surrender or die" choice is pretty much what we did to Santa Ana. We caught him, put him at gunpoint, and forced him with a gun to give up Texas.

If it ever happens, pray to God it's a Republican doing the surrendering as president. Because if it's a Democrat, we would have at the least an attempted coup and civil war.
                          Last edited by rj1; 04 Sep 08,, 20:51.

Comment

I know one condition. In a country run by men (mostly, along with the military) the conditions under which we would surrender include:

Sweden amassing the Bikini Team on the front line, scantily clad with pouty faces.
                            "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

And face the ever unending lecture at home all for what? Another unending lectures from our conquerors? Thanks but no thanks. One is more than enough and if I count #1 Daughter, I have two.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                                I'm guessing it would be entirely dependent on who it was that invaded. This is in no way meant as a criticism of US citizens per see but a comment on human nature in general: namely the more closely linked genetically the invaded nation is to the invaders, the more likely the invaders will be 'accepted' by the majority of the members of the invaded nation.
                                To put it grossly; if China were to invade the US resistance would be fierce and constant. If Canada were to invade, more us citizens would simply get on with things and not resist, especially if their day to day lives didn't change much.
                                That's pretty doubtful. Other than genetic linkage there are many other factors that matters. Indian's and Pakistani's genetic marker are not only same but identicle, now do you think in case India invades and occupies Pakistan, the resident population would "likely accept" the Indians?
                                sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Working...
                                X