Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: China "claims" to have cracked "another" terrorist Cell for Olympics

  1. #1
    Patron ned kelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 08
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    177

    China "claims" to have cracked "another" terrorist Cell for Olympics

    with absolutely no details released chinese authorities "claim" to have cracked another terrorist plot in shanghai...

    Terrorists targeted venue for Olyroos' Beijing Olympics campaign | The Australian

    POLICE in Shanghai have cracked a terrorist cell planning to attack an Olympic football venue in the Chinese financial hub.
    "We have obtained information that international terrorist organisations would likely launch an attack against an Olympic venue in the city during the Games," said Cheng Jiulong, Shanghai Public Security Bureau deputy director and head of the Shanghai security office for the Olympics.
    "We have staged raids and cracked a group of terrorists."
    Cheng would not provide details about when the terrorists were detected, how many suspects were detained or where they came from.

    "According to information we have obtained, the Olympic venue, athlete's apartments and routes leading to the venue are at a safe level now," he said. "But the threat of terror attack still exists."

    __________________________________________________ __________

    sure, i believe them. nothing like a little scare on the authorities part to draw criticism away from what is expected to be a rather poor hosting of the olympics. pollution, crushing of all dissent, moving your own citizens out of the area hosting the events, not issuing visas to anyone who may bring a different message to the olympics than is wanted.

    now all they need is a colour coded warning system, which they can move up and down ahead of the actual events!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  2. #2
    Tamizhanban Senior Contributor Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by ned kelly View Post
    now all they need is a colour coded warning system, which they can move up and down ahead of the actual events!
    And a color coded warning sticker on every visitors forehead if they deem those people as threats
    Infact if the Chinese police read this, they might actually follow em. Are you black, you got red, if you are a black Sudanese you get a green, any one from the west automatically gets a red that list includes India and Japan as well.
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

  3. #3
    Military Professional Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Aug 03
    Posts
    19,624
    Worrying indeed.

    Who are these international terrorists?

    This will shy away people from attending!


    "Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

    I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

    HAKUNA MATATA

  4. #4
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Oct 07
    Posts
    3,018
    If China has caught more terrorists, congrats! And I'll be honest, if China caught 2000 terrorists and we caught 10, i'd be more satisfied...

    Why, you ask??

    Because what the Chinese will do to them, I can only sit here and imagine and pray that our government will do to them, but our government WON'T do any of that. So props to the chinese, and fight on!

    P.s We have people in our free country that want to close the jails that hold terrorists, what a p!$S off.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    29 Aug 03
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by ned kelly View Post
    with absolutely no details released chinese authorities "claim" to have cracked another terrorist plot in shanghai...

    Terrorists targeted venue for Olyroos' Beijing Olympics campaign | The Australian

    POLICE in Shanghai have cracked a terrorist cell planning to attack an Olympic football venue in the Chinese financial hub.
    "We have obtained information that international terrorist organisations would likely launch an attack against an Olympic venue in the city during the Games," said Cheng Jiulong, Shanghai Public Security Bureau deputy director and head of the Shanghai security office for the Olympics.
    "We have staged raids and cracked a group of terrorists."
    Cheng would not provide details about when the terrorists were detected, how many suspects were detained or where they came from.

    "According to information we have obtained, the Olympic venue, athlete's apartments and routes leading to the venue are at a safe level now," he said. "But the threat of terror attack still exists."

    __________________________________________________ __________

    sure, i believe them. nothing like a little scare on the authorities part to draw criticism away from what is expected to be a rather poor hosting of the olympics. pollution, crushing of all dissent, moving your own citizens out of the area hosting the events, not issuing visas to anyone who may bring a different message to the olympics than is wanted.

    now all they need is a colour coded warning system, which they can move up and down ahead of the actual events!
    This coming from a country that only snatched the landmark 2000 Olympics from Beijing because of political reasons.
    You should be the last ones talking about Olympic Games politics, I think the Sydney Olympics were the greatest fiasco in Olympic history. The way the judges behaved, how poorly it was run and that ridiculous 2 hour fireworks display at the end of it. Could they have not been a little more imaginative than just blast fireworks for so long?

  6. #6
    Contributor
    Join Date
    17 Dec 06
    Posts
    714
    Don't forget to ***** at the Chinese when your Olympic athletes are killed in a terrorist attack.

  7. #7
    Patron ned kelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 08
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by s_qwert63 View Post
    This coming from a country that only snatched the landmark 2000 Olympics from Beijing because of political reasons.
    You should be the last ones talking about Olympic Games politics, I think the Sydney Olympics were the greatest fiasco in Olympic history. The way the judges behaved, how poorly it was run and that ridiculous 2 hour fireworks display at the end of it. Could they have not been a little more imaginative than just blast fireworks for so long?
    oh i can only laugh at this hyperbole. surely you jest? best ever? yes.

    china shouldn't have been awarded these ones. it was a sympathy vote. jesus, if they didn't get it they would have invaded the rest of the world. watch this olympics fail miserably.

    china is a joke and this will be shown.....
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  8. #8
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobbme View Post
    If China has caught more terrorists, congrats! And I'll be honest, if China caught 2000 terrorists and we caught 10, i'd be more satisfied...

    Why, you ask??

    Because what the Chinese will do to them, I can only sit here and imagine and pray that our government will do to them, but our government WON'T do any of that. So props to the chinese, and fight on!

    P.s We have people in our free country that want to close the jails that hold terrorists, what a p!$S off.
    Yes, but if 'we' caught 10 there would be a good chance some of them were actually terrorists. If they weren't, there's a good chance we'd find out while they were still alive to be released.

    Who the hell knows how many of the 2000 China arrests would actually be terrorists, and how would we ever know who wasn't?

    It always scares me to see Westerners applauding dictatorships. Tells me that they completely fail to understand the fundamental rights & wrongs of either or both systems.


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

  9. #9
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,456
    Quote Originally Posted by s_qwert63 View Post
    This coming from a country that only snatched the landmark 2000 Olympics from Beijing because of political reasons.
    You should be the last ones talking about Olympic Games politics, I think the Sydney Olympics were the greatest fiasco in Olympic history. The way the judges behaved, how poorly it was run and that ridiculous 2 hour fireworks display at the end of it. Could they have not been a little more imaginative than just blast fireworks for so long?

    So China had some divine right to the 2000 games? I guess that would be why they wrecked their own chances by threatening to boycott them if Sydney won.

    As for our 'fiasco': we didn't have to shut down our largest city for months to clear the air; we didn't throw people out of work to face an uncertain fate; we didn't lock up dissidents to avoid embarassment; we didn't pressure the Olympics bodies of other nations into silencing their athletes; we didn't unleash thousands of hysterical dupes on the world at any hint of criticism; and one of our most popular musical acts used the closing ceremony to openly protest government policy on Aboriginies. What do you think would happen if Chinese performers did this on Tibet? I feel safe in saying none of them would now be Government ministers, though they might just be out of jail.

    And while I'm at it, just how was Sydney a greater 'fiasco' than the Fascist spectacle of Berlin 1936, which is apparently serving as a model for Beijing's games? And how about Munich, ruijned by terrorism. Montreal, LA or Moscow ring any bells? each suffered extensive boycotts & one is probably still being paid off.

    All you offered was poor judging (specific examples & comparisons with previous games would be nice); 'poorly run' (again, examples & comparisons?); and, if your bio is correct, the memories of a 13 year old. Yeah, you nailed us good.


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

  10. #10
    Administrator Tarek Morgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Feb 07
    Location
    Kassel
    Posts
    4,417
    I am wondering if there will be any arrest until the games which do not turn out to be "anti-olympics-terrorists"

  11. #11
    Distant Deeps or Skies Senior Contributor HistoricalDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jul 05
    Location
    North London, UK
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella View Post
    As for our 'fiasco': we didn't have to shut down our largest city for months to clear the air; we didn't throw people out of work to face an uncertain fate; we didn't lock up dissidents to avoid embarassment; we didn't pressure the Olympics bodies of other nations into silencing their athletes; we didn't unleash thousands of hysterical dupes on the world at any hint of criticism; and one of our most popular musical acts used the closing ceremony to openly protest government policy on Aboriginies.
    And the Chinese Olympics haven't even begun!

    Game, set and match. Again.
    HD Ready?

  12. #12
    Regular
    Join Date
    09 Apr 08
    Location
    China
    Posts
    137
    Two weeks before the start of the Olympics in Beijing, China is denying claims made in a video that has been linked to the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) that the group is responsible for the fatal July 21 bus bombings in Kunming.

    In addition to the Kunming bus attacks, the group is also claiming to be behind a May 5 bus explosion in Shanghai. The video also states that the ETIM-linked group is planning more attacks on China during the Olympics, which begin on August 8 and will be held in eight Chinese cities, including Beijing.

    ETIM is officially considered a terrorist organization by China, the US, Kazakhstan, Pakistan and the United Nations. ETIM's primary goal is to split Xinjiang known as East Turkestan prior to annexation by China in 1955 from the mainland. Xinjiang is the homeland of the Uighur ethnic group, a Turkic people which is predominantly Muslim.




    In the video a copy of which has been posted on YouTube two masked and armed men stand behind a masked man calling himself Commander Seyfullah of the Turkestan Islamic Party (TIP), which US-based private intelligence service Stratfor says is another name used by ETIM. The video includes scenes of the aftermath of the Kunming bus attacks plus other bus attacks.

    In the first official response to the video, a Yunnan official said no link between terrorism and the bus attacks has been found so far. Five days after bus bombings in Kunming that killed two and injured 14, police have yet to announce any major clues in the case.

    "We have noticed media reports about the claims, but so far, no evidence has been found to indicate the explosions were connected with terrorists and their attacks, or with the Beijing Olympics," a Yunnan Public Security Bureau spokesman told Xinhua, according to a Reuters report.

    Stratfor notes that this year TIP has begun to make noise on the Internet, with videos featuring calls for a Uighur jihad against China, training scenes, executions of at least three Han Chinese, and profiles of the group and its former leader Hasan Mahsum, who was killed in Pakistan in 2003.

    ETIM fractured after Mahsum's death and many of its members relocated to Afghanistan. After 2003, ETIM has been linked to Uzbek and other foreign militants operating around the border area shared by Afghanistan and Pakistan. More recently, TIP has been releasing a growing number videos, most notably an April 2008 video in which it warned China it would attack the Olympics, according to Stratfor.

    TIP's leader is believed to be a man named Abdul Haq, who worked with Mahzum to train Uighur militants in Afghanistan in 2001 and has ordered attacks on central China. According to a transcript released by US-based IntelCenter, Commander Seyfullah states in the video which is dated July 23rd that:

    "Our damullah, Abdul Heq [Haq], made his final order to the [person] responsible for the military regarding the issue of severely attacking all central cities in inner China, particularly focusing on eight cities that are going to hold Olympic games. ... ask our merciful Allah to allow these brothers and sisters [suicide bombers] to deal a fatal blow in this jihad against Chinese and we ask our merciful Allah to completely stop Olympic Games. ... Bomb Chinese government buildings, military barracks, airplanes, airports, railways, hotels, entertainment venues, tourist spots and similar places...You're even permitted to use biological weapons this time."

    While ETIM/TIP are considered to have the operational capacity to strike mainland China outside of Xinjiang, analysts are skeptical of TIP's claims to be behind the Kunming and Shanghai attacks, with some suggesting an attempt by a group which may or may not be TIP to increase China's terrorism jitters before the Olympics by claiming responsibility for unrelated incidents around the country this year.

    ---------------------------------

    you guys may find the video on YouTube.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    29 Aug 03
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by ned kelly View Post
    china is a joke and this will be shown.....
    Mate, your country is overflowing with Chinese.
    Of course many do not speak a word of English but are still number one students in all the universities and schools. You watch that ridiculous "It's Academic" programme of Seven, or Nine. Every school team is only composed of either Chinese or Indians, with a random 'whitey' thrown in the mix, and surprise the team with the whiteguy/girl loses all the time.

    As far as your comment is concerned, your PM is kissing so much Chinese ass right now, how can they be a joke?
    You just have to admit you are in their backyard, deal with it.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    10 Apr 08
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by ned kelly View Post
    with absolutely no details released chinese authorities "claim" to have cracked another terrorist plot in shanghai...

    Terrorists targeted venue for Olyroos' Beijing Olympics campaign | The Australian

    POLICE in Shanghai have cracked a terrorist cell planning to attack an Olympic football venue in the Chinese financial hub.
    "We have obtained information that international terrorist organisations would likely launch an attack against an Olympic venue in the city during the Games," said Cheng Jiulong, Shanghai Public Security Bureau deputy director and head of the Shanghai security office for the Olympics.
    "We have staged raids and cracked a group of terrorists."
    Cheng would not provide details about when the terrorists were detected, how many suspects were detained or where they came from.

    "According to information we have obtained, the Olympic venue, athlete's apartments and routes leading to the venue are at a safe level now," he said. "But the threat of terror attack still exists."

    __________________________________________________ __________

    sure, i believe them. nothing like a little scare on the authorities part to draw criticism away from what is expected to be a rather poor hosting of the olympics. pollution, crushing of all dissent, moving your own citizens out of the area hosting the events, not issuing visas to anyone who may bring a different message to the olympics than is wanted.

    now all they need is a colour coded warning system, which they can move up and down ahead of the actual events!

    Remember what happened in the 1972 olymic game in Munich?

    Hey ned, don't forget to say **** really loud when your aussies athletes got killed by the terrorist.

    Of course, I wish that will never happen.

  15. #15
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,456
    Quote Originally Posted by s_qwert63 View Post
    Mate, your country is overflowing with Chinese.
    Of course many do not speak a word of English but are still number one students in all the universities and schools. You watch that ridiculous "It's Academic" programme of Seven, or Nine. Every school team is only composed of either Chinese or Indians, with a random 'whitey' thrown in the mix, and surprise the team with the whiteguy/girl loses all the time.

    As far as your comment is concerned, your PM is kissing so much Chinese ass right now, how can they be a joke?
    You just have to admit you are in their backyard, deal with it.

    Well gee, you certainly showed us. I mean, there must be almost enough ethnic Chinese in Australia to get to 1% or 2% of the population. Overflowing indeed.

    And what do Indians have to do with this? Unless, of course, you think there is something wrong with allowing well educated english speaking (but dark skinned ) migrants into Australia.

    Suitably chastened we will retire to out affluent multicultural success story. You know, the one that so many people want to move to.

    Try not to cry Ned, I know you are a sensitive soul.


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. @ I don't think US should be the leader of the world..
    By MIKEMUN in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08 Dec 09,, 18:31
  2. How China Loses The Coming Space War
    By HKDan in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02 Oct 09,, 06:23
  3. What A Tibetan Says About His Hometown
    By Fiona Shrot in forum International Politics
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 30 May 08,, 12:33
  4. Africa: 'Who's Afraid of China in Africa?'
    By troung in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17 Dec 06,, 03:22

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •