Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Félicitation Astralis!! :)

Comment

I can't help but laugh at all these congrats. You people are the ones who are going to give him grief.

Comment

Emboldened name! I bow before thee!
        HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          I can't help but laugh at all these congrats. You people are the ones who are going to give him grief.
          You might have noticed that I didn't congratulate the hapless sod. That would be akin to kicking a man when he's down. The others are merely engaged in lulling Astralis into a false sense of security. In fact all the moderators should regard kind words directed to them by the membership with the deepest suspicion.
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            You might have noticed that I didn't congratulate the hapless sod. That would be akin to kicking a man when he's down. The others are merely engaged in lulling Astralis into a false sense of security. In fact all the moderators should regard kind words directed to them by the membership with the deepest suspicion.
            In one...by the by who in tarnation is this Asto.. Astrlis...Whatever! Guy:))

Comment

glyn,

yes, i noticed that too- thank you for thy honesty.

but you know, now that i think about it....

i don't know whether to be more suspicious of the ones giving me the false sense of security, or the ones that won't even bother to kiss butt before giving me hell. ;)
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

[QUOTE=astralis;520311]glyn,

i don't know whether to be more suspicious of the ones giving me the false sense of security, or the ones that won't even bother to kiss butt before giving me hell. ;)

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.
                  Oh, decisions, decisions...............
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    Oh good, we have him a bit confused already.
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

As Jim Hightower said about moderation: There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes . . . and dead armadillos.

A moderate congratulations would include condolences. But it's an honor and I know you'll do well at it. Just swallow hard when blues uncorks one.:))
                      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

I hope Astralis enjoys his free cookie.

Comment

Astralis all in fun:)...do enjoy the "job" I'm sure you will do your level best. Congrats
                          Last edited by dave lukins; 24 Jul 08,, 00:05.

Comment

Astralis Reply

A simple congrats. Well deserved and an entirely appropriate selection given your foreign service c.v.

Reaffirms my faith in the echelons above reality lurking about.
                            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I pity the foo!!!

What? I'm being honest.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Spoken like who knows well. :))
                                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X