Our honored Olympic guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our honored Olympic guests

The BBC's Against the Odds series profiles athletes heading to the Beijing Olympics despite huge obstacles.

Go Nery Brenes!
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Against the Odds: Nery Brenes

Go Bernadett Baczko!
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Against the Odds: Bernadett Baczko

Go Hem Bunting!
    BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Against the Odds: Hem Bunting

GO Ziad Richa!
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Against the Odds: Ziad Richa

Go Vijender Kumar!
    BBC NEWS | South Asia | Against the Odds: Vijender Kumar

Go Samiya Yuusf Omar
    BBC NEWS | Africa | Against the Odds: Samiya Yuusf Omar

Your stories are what the Olympic game all about.

We are honored to have you coming to Beijing to show us the Olympic spirit.

Besides the huge obstacles you have overcome, people like Ray sir and troung are advocating to boycott the Beijing Olympic game, destroy your Olympic dreams and prevent your Olympic spirits from inspiring the world :))

Go great athletes! Go our honored Olympic guests!

You are already the true winners :) of the Beijing Olympic game and people like Ray sir and troung are the true losers because they can not stop your Olympic dreams and your Olympic spirits no matter what they do and how hard they try.
    Last edited by Zeng; 23 Jul 08,, 04:20.
    I am here for exchanging opinions.

Who cares ? I don't feel honored. I do wish Beijing Olympic Games to be successful. But as long as I'm not invited, I don't have much feeling about the Olympic Games. But I will enjory watching the bastball and field sports on TV.
    Last edited by xunil; 23 Jul 08,, 04:34.

Comment

Originally posted by xunil View Post
      Who cares ?
      I care and the people who left messages for those stories on BBC care. Please believe that there is always people who cares about the great human struggle and their spirit.
      Last edited by Zeng; 23 Jul 08,, 04:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeng View Post
        I care and the people who left messages for those stories on BBC care. Please believe that there is always people who cares about the great human struggle and their spirit.

Unless that human is a Tibetan struggling to be free of Chinese rule, it would appear.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Zeng View Post
          You are already the true winners :) of the Beijing Olympic game and people like Ray sir and troung are the true losers because they can not stop your Olympic dreams and your Olympic spirits no matter what they do and how hard they try.
          Of course your the true winners. It props up your government and gives them the right to subjugate anyone or any people they want to. Any gold, silver, or bronze taken from these games are tarnished as conflict diamonds.
          F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

I have nothing against the Olympics.

May the games begin.

May China walk away with all the gold medals out there and more! ;) :))

I also applaud the Chinese people for the wonderful architecture of its new sports facilities and their airport.

But, under no circumstances, do I endorse the Chinese Communist govt and its activities or the Blood Diamonds that engines its sustenance!

Originally Posted by Zeng View Post
            You are already the true winners of the Beijing Olympic game and people like Ray sir and troung are the true losers because they can not stop your Olympic dreams and your Olympic spirits no matter what they do and how hard they try.
            When I had written about wai ren means ''barbarian'', one should have seen the posts lampooning my version. But this link proved the issue that either the Chinese posters did not know their history or that they purposely obfuscated so as to hide their ''dark'' period.
            YI, YANG, XI, WAI AND OTHER TERMS:
            THE TRANSITION FROM ‘BARBARIAN’ TO ‘FOREIGNER’
            IN NINETEENTH-CENTURY CHINA
            http://www.wsc.uni-erlangen.de/pdf/fang.pdf

My posts on China may appear that I am exposing China and its warts, but that is only because the Chinese display their cultural arrogance and think all others are fools and have no brains. I merely wish to show that the Chinese are not Divine as they attempt to project here and elsewhere and more so, after the Olympic fiasco and the invasion of the Communist brigade of posters!

The Chinese also have feet of clay! That is my message!

I, however, wish them well in their endeavours and do pray that their pious, moralistic tone is slightly tempered down and they also realise that they tread Mother Earth and not the Pearly Gates!

And when I speak of the Chinese, I mean the Mainland Chinese and their camp followers!

Other Chinese who are non Mainland are excellent people since they have seen the world outside and are not frogs in the well!
            Last edited by Ray; 23 Jul 08,, 05:48.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hey, you guys are all welcome to try your luck to boycott the Beijing Olympic game. I don't mind more losers joining the team of Ray sir and troung to try to stop the Beijing Olympic game

Please go to tell those great athletes featured on the BBC's Against the Odds series to not come to Beijing and stop their Olympic dreams and give up their Olympic spirits.

I have given suggestions on how to boycott Beijing 2008 Olympic game in the post #45 at the weblink below

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/cur...eigners-3.html

Adopted my suggestion, Ray sir and troung are going to do the hunger strike to protest the Beijing Olympic game. Other guys are welcome to join them

I care about the struggle of all people including Tibetans. I support the reasonable demands from Tibetan. I condemn the violent protest from any people whether it is Tibetan or Han. I hate the Tibetan monks mistreat Tibetan sick kids with pray instead of modern medicine. I protest Dalai Lama suppress the religious freedom of other Tibetan Buddhism branches.

Here is the religious freedom from your holiness of Dalia lama:

Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 1
              YouTube - Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 1

Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 2
              YouTube - Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 2

Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 3
              YouTube - Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 3

I am sure that this is Dalai lama's Tibet heaven described by the National Geographic. You guys love to see the Tibetan people living in the way shown in the weblink below:

Free Tibet from Inferno under Theocracy and Feudalism (from National Geographic)
              YouTube - Free Tibet from Inferno under Theocracy and Feudalism
              Last edited by Zeng; 23 Jul 08,, 07:00.

Comment

Unless that human is a Tibetan struggling to be free of Chinese rule, it would appear.
                Or a Uighur, or a peasant wondering why a school fell on their kid.

don't mind more losers joining the team of Ray sir and troung to try to stop the Beijing Olympic game
                Yawn.

Nice job by the way making a thread and insulting people in the first post. An action full of win.

In the future you should probably put Bigfella on your list probably, he so just went against our resident pro-CCP idiots on this forum like before me and Ray, a former officer in the Indian Army, got a chance to.
                Last edited by troung; 23 Jul 08,, 06:49.
                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Real olympics start in 2010 :P :))

Comment

Real olympics start in 2010
                    choke yourself.
                    Last edited by troung; 23 Jul 08,, 07:13.
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                      choke yourself.
                      If its an autograph you need, I can get you one ;)

Comment

If its an autograph you need, I can get you one
                        Winter Olympics are an automatic boycott by anyone with taste, as is hockey, Canada and ice skates.

You Canadians are as bad as the chicom propaganda bots who open mindless topics with horribly poorly thought out slogans. Worse actually.

Comment

Or a Uighur, or a peasant wondering why a school fell on their kid.
                          I support the reasonable demands from Uighur too if they don't use terrorist way. Unfortunately, some of them collaborate with Al-Qaeda to take terrorist actions against innocent people. I have no sympathy to terrorists. Do you have sympathy to terrorists?

East Turkestan Islamic Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am probably the first one who asked for investigation on the school collapse on this WAB. Please read #59, #82 and #84.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/cur...thquake-4.html

Yawn.

Nice job by the way making a thread and insulting people in the first post. An action full of win.

In the future you should probably put Bigfella on your list probably, he so just went against our resident pro-CCP idiots on this forum like before me and Ray, a former officer in the Indian Army, got a chance to.
                          Please don't yawn. You are not doing your job right and you are failing in stopping the Beijing Olympic game right now. Go troung Go. Please try harder. You still have two weeks to stop the Beijing Olympic game from starting :))

I don't insult people. Ray sir and you are among the first I noticed to advocate boycotting Beijing Olympic game.

It seems that so far not many Olympic teams decided to boycott the Beijing Olympic game. So, Ray sir and you lost in your bets to boycott the Beijing Olympic game. In that sense, you are losers. The people who trained very hard to pursue their dreams featured on the BBC's Against the Odds series are winners.

If you can stop the Beijing Olympic game in next two weeks, then, Ray sir and you will become the winners and those featured on the BBC's Against the Odds series will become the losers. I will come out to apologize to Ray sir and you and announce that Ray sir and you are the true winners.

I respect the originality and the first group of people to advocate boycotting Beijing Olympic game like Ray sir and you. Bigfella and others joined Ray sir and you later. They don't deserve the honor on my list.
                          Last edited by Zeng; 23 Jul 08,, 07:41.

Comment

Winter Olympics are an automatic boycott by anyone with taste, as is hockey, Canada and ice skates.

Do you have any idea how many hotels are already booked out by Americans for the Winter Olympics??!!

You clearly don't speak for your country. You bashed hockey quite a few times, so TROUNG, speak your interest and speak it now!! So I can make fun of it as much as you make fun of OUR sport.

You Canadians are as bad as the chicom propaganda bots who open mindless topics with horribly poorly thought out slogans. Worse actually.
                            Maybe we should just take away our Tim Hortons, how would you like that, fatty?? :P

Comment

Zeng.,

You are a funny chap.

I will go on a hunger strike and allow you to say the Indians are starved? :))

You are corny! :))

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X