Favorite War Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
    There's this Russian film about the Teutonic Invasion of Russia but can't recall the details but the knights fell through the ice.
    The movie you were thinking of is Alexander Nevsky directed by Sergei Eisenstein, the same chap who did Battleship Potemkim
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Damn, I was about to post that...
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

C'mon, you gotta faster than that :D
        I'll never forget Alexander Nevsky after reading about it in Clancy's Red Storm Rising . I even bought the Prokofiev soundtrack on CD. It has been re-recorded and done in a superb digital format, just like in the book! :clap:
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

RSR is where I know about it from. I downloaded it from Kazaa and than had to download Adobe Acrobat. Than I had to download another RSR cuz the first was corrupted.
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I ought to send you my copy of RSR instead of you reading off your computer. I downloaded the 5th Harry Potter book and read it on my computer. BIG mistake. I'll never do that again. I finally bought Clancy's Red Rabbit on paperback. I had already downloaded it on computer but was reluctant to try reading after my Harry Potter experience.
            Back to movies, I forgot about We Were Soldiers and Black Hawk Down. Both were excellent portrayls of warfare. I think I'll do some reviews of my favorite movies, hopefully everyone else will too, what you liked about it, didnt like about it, performances, technical details, accuracy etc.

Comment

Usually I just HotSync the books to my Palm. Makes for easier reading in class...

Comment

I dunno, give me a good old-fashioned book. I also found that I really don't care for the font and spacing found in Clancy's hardbacks, though it's irratating when your paperback falls apart after 9 millionth reading.

Comment

Do you actually read a book cover to cover more than once? After I've read a book and it's gained my seal of approval, I'll just randomly open it to a spot and start reading.

Comment

Nope, I do exactly what you do, just pick a spot and start reading at random.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                      Yah that battle was sweet as hell. The one in the third movie will be even bigger. Where thoose 10,000 Orcs are just a section in their Army.

The Battle in the beginning of the first movie was awsome as hell.
                      Wouldn't you have just loved to have those Elven Archers behind you shooting thier arrows right past your head, as they did in the first battle, and at Helms Deep?

Those must have been Delta Force Elves. :LOL

Comment

I hate and despise LOTR with all my heart. Anyone who's ever read David Eddings' Belgariad, Mallorean, Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress will understand why.

Comment

Me like Dr.Strangelove.(Does this count? :D)

Comment

I wonder if Bond movies count...

Comment

hey bigross, have you ever seen or heard of The Beast ? It was filmed in Israel, perhaps in the Negev. The tanks used were genuine Soviet-made, in all probablity captured Arab equipment that was loaned to film crew for the shoot. Quite a bit movie in spite of it's flaws. Many people complained about the Russians speaking English with American accents, kinda like they did with the Germans in Conspiracy speaking with British accents.
                              When you get right down it, those people are ignoring the actual message of the movie though, IMHO.

Comment

Haven't seen it. What's it all about?

Comment

Working...
                                X