No announcement yet.

U.S. B-52 bomber crashes off Guam, 6 crew missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will soon be crazy posts on Mainland Chinese internet forums saying that the bomber was actually shot down by scret weapons of the PLAN. There were indeed posts saying that the earlier B-2 clash was caused by LASER weapons of PLAN submarines.....

Comment

Originally posted by yeung3939 View Post
      There will soon be crazy posts on Mainland Chinese internet forums saying that the bomber was actually shot down by scret weapons of the PLAN. There were indeed posts saying that the earlier B-2 clash was caused by LASER weapons of PLAN submarines.....
      Well, having been an inspector for a major component commander (in my case, PACFLT), I can tell you that the gimlet eye of the Air Force IG community is even now swinging toward Guam to focus on maintenance procedures when hosting non-organic aircraft. May not be warranted, but no one ever likes "I don't know" for an answer, so an answer will be found . . . even if wrong (See USS Iowa).

Comment

Sir,

You do realize you are reacting to a 5 year old story?

And there is a certain retired gunny who revels in posting horiffic pictures regarding necroposting!

Have a wonderful WAB day!

PS: Go easy Gunny. The good Captain is pretty decent for being a squid and all.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Buck,

Sooner or later, every officer here sufferred the GS's wrath. Better the dead kittens and the zombie chick than SWSNBN's hairy legs.

Comment

Permit to say, "Welcome!" To the best board on the net, Captain.

Having said that......

Thank you for your posts...they are very educational.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
              The good Captain is pretty decent for being a squid and all.
              For a Squid type - yes. My fear and loathing of naval personnel has been tempered a bit since I joined WAB.

We had a pilot in our AT-38B squadron who cross-commissioned into the USAF (callsign, of course, Squid) who was a former F-14 guy. We always asked him about shipboard life, usually after the last crew has stepped and we are drinking beer and dipping snuff in the squadron bar. He'd go off on a rant that would last 1/2 hour if we let him.

Slightly on topic - isn't it weird how we tend to lose aircraft who are participating in an airshow or flyby? Discipline tends to simply decay for whatever reason. Not good.

Comment

Working...
              X