Iran cautions Pakistan over Jundallah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    He defeated a Mughal army that was bigger than his army and had more resources than him. IIRC, there was a battle where he pulled off some decisive manuevers that completely killed the Mughal Army aka style Battle of Cannae. He invaded an area that was bigger than the area invaded by Napoleon.
    BM,
    Attila the famous Hun King is credited for having successfully challenged the Roman empire. Now should he be compared to a king like Ashok because of his military exploits? I will again insist, greatness of the rulers come into play with what they or their empire have contributed towards progression of civilization and mankind.
    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

"Iran cautions Pakistan over Jundallah"

Why talk of Ashok (200 BC) or Nadir Shah(1700s) or us(2000s), people separated by the great divide of time which no one has been able to cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
        BM,
        Attila the famous Hun King is credited for having successfully challenged the Roman empire. Now should he be compared to a king like Ashok because of his military exploits? I will again insist, greatness of the rulers come into play with what they or their empire have contributed towards progression of civilization and mankind.
        Alexander did not really contribute towards the progression of civilization. Hannibal did not really contrbute towards the progression. Neither did Rommel nor Robert Lee but they are studied closely today.

Comment

Alexander did not really contribute towards the progression of civilization.
          BM,
          Please tell me how not?

Comment

He only lived for ten years after conquering Persia. He did not live that long to contribute towards civilization. His satraps did.

Comment

He only lived for ten years after conquering Persia. He did not live that long to contribute towards civilization. His satraps did.
              BM,
              Its done that way. The Satraps couldn't establish a Hellenistic socio-cultural heritage without Alexander annexing the ME and Asiatic empires.

Comment

I find it quite humorous that Iran points its finger at anybody over terrorism when all they have to do is look rite at home and they will find plenty of it. That is ofcoarse when they tend not to overlook the fact that they train terrorists. Even more humorous is them thumbing the finger at yet another nuclear armed nation. Israel must not be enough trouble waiting in the wings that now they want to confront Pak.

You cannot fix "stupid" no matter how hard you try.;)
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                  That is highly dependent in which forum you loose an argument and the average opinion of forum's majority.

You yourself, probably wont last long in a Soviet forum.
                  I think you're wrong.

For one thing I would not engage in trolling, flamebaiting, fanboyism or personal attacks.

Those are the major reasons why people get banished here at the WAB.

So unless your hypothetical Soviet forum bans people simply for stating an opinion that they don't like, I'd say the Yes, I would last long at a Soviet forum.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Dear TopHatter Moderator,

Forums rules are just fine and well. But I always believe more in the people (human beings) running the system, then the system/structure itself.

If you - Dear TopHatter Moderator - give me your word that people and I mean ALL the people that are engaging in trolling (I never understood what this one meant), flamebaiting, fanboyism or personal attacks, are being dealt with accordingly with all fairness and justness, then that is all that I - Dear Xerxes Member - need to know.

Your word is enough for me, and if I have it then please ignore my latest post.

Comment

Working...
                    X