Zimbabwe- the military options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimbabwe- the military options

What do we know (unclassified) about the Zimbabwean military?

I know they have British Hawk trainers.

Why even talk about their capabilities?

Comment

Probably because they're about as militarily intimidating as the Burmese junta.

They have a few Chinese made Type 59/69 and J-7 fighters. Rumor is that they've ordered some JF-17s as well.

Comment

Nah, uncless UK and US decide to move in w/o UN permission(Iraq blink blink:))), China won't let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post

Jane's would be a place to start. Zimbabwe did field a force into Zaire/Congo/Central Africa but it cost them. They don't have the same friends or money they used to.
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by edmx View Post
            Nah, uncless UK and US decide to move in w/o UN permission(Iraq blink blink:))), China won't let it happen.
            move in for what reason? whats happening there is of concern but the international community can only morally support the people of Zim but not militarily intervene. Its an internal problem of Zimbabwe which only their people can resolve. Look what happened in Nepal. Now its a democratic republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf View Post
              move in for what reason? whats happening there is of concern but the international community can only morally support the people of Zim but not militarily intervene. Its an internal problem of Zimbabwe which only their people can resolve. Look what happened in Nepal. Now its a democratic republic.
              Thanks for agreeing with me, but tell that to British...

Report: U.K. drafted military plans for action in Zimbabwe - USATODAY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post

c'mon man you should have just checked wikipedia anyways links follow

Zimbabwe National Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Air Force of Zimbabwe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also

Zimbabwe Defense Forces
                Last edited by bengalraider; 29 Jun 08,, 10:43.

Comment

[QUOTE=edmx;511031]Thanks for agreeing with me, but tell that to British...

Are you telling me that the military of no other country make contingency plans?
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Indeed others could and should for the sake of humanity, freedom and justice.

But in the forefront the countries that have direct interest would be the vanguard.

It was a good thing that the Opposition did not participate. They would have lost in a fixed election. Now, the Opposition has a moral victory and Mugabwe has been turned into a joker of the pack.

The world opinion should take a serious turn now at least.

Mbeki has been a wimp and a damn squib in this macabre drama. He is equally culpable.
                    Last edited by Ray; 29 Jun 08,, 13:23.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Mbeki probably hoping that Mugabe will somehow go away on his one, much the same way Beijing and New Delhi regard the butchers of Burma. That, and he does have a lot of domestic problems to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by bengalraider View Post
                        Thanks. So not just a token force then, even if their loyalty to Mugabe is questionable...

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                          Mbeki probably hoping that Mugabe will somehow go away on his one, much the same way Beijing and New Delhi regard the butchers of Burma. That, and he does have a lot of domestic problems to worry about.
                          i was going to bring that up soon !
                          why Zimbabwe and why not Burma i mean the people in Burma have been suffering long enough .

Comment

i think any invasion shall face a major insurgent problem Africa has a bad history of tribal militias and i think any invasion shall be confronted by a full fledged militia of Mugabe's tribesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by bengalraider View Post
                              i think any invasion shall face a major insurgent problem Africa has a bad history of tribal militias and i think any invasion shall be confronted by a full fledged militia of Mugabe's tribesmen.
                              Mugabe will be brought down the same way he came in. Internal forces rebelling against a suppressive government, supported from neighboring countries along with worldwide condemnation and embargo.
                              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
                              X