This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lemontree
    Not likely if the engine is not suitable.
    The engine wont be a problem. A deal has been done. The factory in Kamra is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hongkongfuey
      The engine wont be a problem. A deal has been done. The factory in Kamra is up.
      Don't be silly. The Kamra factory does not build engines, they will just assemble JF-17s recieved from Chengdu.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hongkongfuey
        Yep, JF-17 will be inducted into the PAF next year and the LCA wont be till 2015 by which time fourth generation fighters would be being phased out.
        u need to revisit your sources for this production date of LCA. Its sounds more like a PDF quote without credible sources. And about JF-17.. where are the engines?

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
          u need to revisit your sources for this production date of LCA. Its sounds more like a PDF quote without credible sources. And about JF-17.. where are the engines?
          The radar too, what about avionics? The main question of all, the systems intregration? Whose gonna do all those things.
          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

i am an indian and still a novice.
            but don't u think LCA is too ambitious a project?i mean we are trying to implement every possible state of art technologies into it.i mean we cud have built a "less capable"LCA and then slowly upgraded it to match everything we face.
            i have immense faith in the capabilities of our ADA and DRDO,but aren't we trying to design a F1 car when we cud have started with high performance sports cars?

comments are welcome

thanx

Comment

You people are having a millitary discussion with Mr fuey?

lol

"Yep, JF-17 will be inducted into the PAF next year and the LCA wont be till 2015 by which time fourth generation fighters would be being phased out"

I never knew Pakistan was going to be phasing out the F-16s in 2015.
              The FC-1 being a 3.5-4 gen fighter will also be phased out come 2015

For a country that gets millitary aide money they sure are rich.

The FC-1 is a 8-8.5G pulling stable airframe and has the manouverability between a MiG-21 and F16. It will have Chinese avionics as per latest reports and the engine has been refused by Russia as per last month's issue of Janes.
              Last edited by Sameer; 21 Sep 05,, 15:55.

Comment

Moreover the PLAAF is not to impressed by the bird preffering the much more advanced J-10.

Comment

Originally posted by indianguy4u
                  The radar too, what about avionics? The main question of all, the systems intregration? Whose gonna do all those things.
                  honestly, the Chinese JF-17 is already decided. But I bet the PAF JF-17s won't come along until LCA is almost out, because they keep trying to change the specs.

Comment

Originally posted by whizkid
                    but don't u think LCA is too ambitious a project?i mean we are trying to implement every possible state of art technologies into it.i mean we cud have built a "less capable"LCA and then slowly upgraded it to match everything we face.
                    i have immense faith in the capabilities of our ADA and DRDO,but aren't we trying to design a F1 car when we cud have started with high performance sports cars?

comments are welcome

thanx
                    Simple answer is, we could have done much much better if we had looked for partners for major systems like engine, radar, avionics. But they went alone & for last 20+ yrs we have been waiting endlessly for it.
                    Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by whizkid

comments are welcome

thanx
                      Everything takes time to reap benefits. Of course there was always an option of trying to build something less complex/ambitious and then go with better ones. but of course then it would have stood no chance of acceptance with IAF from the word go of the project. We cannot compare our case with chineese as they didnt have access to technology or to americans /russians who made these technologies . as in case of all these the access to technologies wasnt ther due to sanctions(china ) or that it was never there(US.USSR). In case of india things are different. and so We cannot start with simple things. Its an obvious step to start with something that will be good nough to compete with external offerings and cheaper than them. But of course the project of the class of LCA isnt just a project but a development programme. Too many technologies needed to be developed. We have achievements.
                      1. an statically unstable airframe is flying with quad fly by wire design all too new for india.
                      2. loads of avionics have been put in upgrades/MKI from the LCA program.
                      3. and many more.
                      But of course one of the most imp one hasnt been up to the mark. i.e. the engine. but frankly we need to realise that even chineese are using russian engines in their J10's.Engine technology takes time. for frankly with electronics india isnt too far behind the west . but in mechanical stuff we are decades behind rite now. but that shouldnt be the worry. As at least the first few ones (till kaveri isnt ready) will come with GE engines.
                      There are more tests that need to be seen. the MMR will be the next breakpoint. If its good nough. Then i guess we have done 80% of the job then even without kaveri theres nothing to stop LCa from production.

Comment

hack i dont know what kind of engines or avionics will LCA will use but JF-17 will be equipped with fairly good kind of missiles and bombs which are being bought for it from european countries and its engine will not be RD-33( same as mig-29 engine) it will be RD-93 which is an upgraded version of RD-33 RD-93 is a more power full engine and besides iam not saying it but all the experts believe that it will be avionics that will give JF-17 a slight advantage over LCA but this prediction was before america gave green signal to pakistan to buy some more F-16's and C-130's now JF-17 can also have an option to go for american avionics which did not seem possible earlier :)

Comment

besides JF-17 is an excellent aircraft to counter an airforce which is having half of there aircrafts being MIG-21 and its still not sure when LCA will finally rollout from assembly line they keep postponding the dates untill IAF will be ready to indict LCA into its fleet PAF will alrady be having 250 of JF-17's and in the end one Very very very Important point that goes to JF-17 is its cost effective-ness (12 - 15 million each per bird)

Comment

hack i dont know what kind of engines or avionics will LCA will use but JF-17 will be equipped with fairly good kind of missiles and bombs which are being bought for it from european countries and its engine will not be RD-33( same as mig-29 engine) it will be RD-93 which is an upgraded version of RD-33 RD-93 is a more power full engine and besides iam not saying it but all the experts believe that it will be avionics that will give JF-17 a slight advantage over LCA but this prediction was before america gave green signal to pakistan to buy some more F-16's and C-130's now JF-17 can also have an option to go for american avionics which did not seem possible earlier
                            besides JF-17 is an excellent aircraft to counter an airforce which is having half of there aircrafts being MIG-21 and its still not sure when LCA will finally rollout from assembly line they keep postponding the dates untill IAF will be ready to indict LCA into its fleet PAF will alrady be having 250 of JF-17's and in the end one Very very very Important point that goes to JF-17 is its cost effective-ness (12 - 15 million each per bird)
                            do u have any brains. It seems u are HKF.
                            Hala Madrid!!

Comment

do u have any brains. It seems u are HKF.
                              when people become speechless they do talk like this

Comment

Originally posted by Wing-man
                                hack i dont know what kind of engines or avionics will LCA will use but JF-17 will be equipped with fairly good kind of missiles and bombs which are being bought for it from european countries
                                Really? name them.

and its engine will not be RD-33( same as mig-29 engine) it will be RD-93 which is an upgraded version of RD-33 RD-93 is a more power full engine and
                                Do you know that RD-33 and RD-93 has same amount of thrust and weighs the same?

besides iam not saying it but all the experts believe that it will be avionics that will give JF-17 a slight advantage over LCA
                                Experts, who? In PDF or from Kamra?

but this prediction was before america gave green signal to pakistan to buy some more F-16's and C-130's now JF-17 can also have an option to go for american avionics which did not seem possible earlier :)
                                American avionics in a Chinese plan?? yep, you know, you can use USS Botany's avionics, its pretty much the same.
                                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Working...
                                X