X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhumikabhushan View Post

India's multiple threat scenario--PLAAF/PAF/Bangladesh Airforce strengths

We would need more aircrafts like tu22m3 blinders class and 10,000km ICBMs (Even the most capable aircrafts Su 30 mki and pakfa are only good for a war with Pakistan or a tactical battle with china--they can hardly cross Tibet unrefulled)
    Yes, let's get ICBM's. God forbid - Pakistan or Bangladesh (out of curiosity, why B'desh ? ) invade us !

We will be better off with Mig 35 mrca for tactical role--a good a/c with powerful engines with TVC a new avionics/long range mm asea radar
    and cheapest of all.
    You mention America trying to get rid of their second rate stuff. What exactly is the Mig 35, then ? As for the "cheapest of all" comment - you're talking about the fly away cost, not the total life cycle cost which is going to be considered. It may well be the cheapest, but I'd rather spend the extra money to get a more reliable product which reduces Russian dominance in our defence industry (not because Western products are superior, but because the after sales services are below par) as well.

The conceptualisation of lca was faulty--it is more of a manufacturing training/familiarization excersize for our aeronautical engineers.
    LCA is going to see full scale production, whether it is Mk1, 2 or 10. It is certainly not a "training exercise". What an idiotic comment.

They should under Russian cooperation develop the Pakfa new version and
    the long range bomber tu22m3 with stealth features to penetrate our
    biggest adversery's airspace and inflict unacceptable damage.
    What is unacceptable damage ? An airfield ? Industry ? A town ? A city ?

Comment

• ][ 13 tea |_

I miss these good ol' fashioned "vs." threads. You can learn so much about people.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Someone lock this thread!!
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Originally posted by Tronic View Post
          Someone lock this thread!!
          I dunno, I kinda like it when the Jingos enter the fray. I agree with Gunnut, it makes for some entertin...er, interesting reading.

Comment

• [QUOTE=axeman;669546]Yes, let's get ICBM's. God forbid - Pakistan or Bangladesh (out of curiosity, why B'desh ? ) invade us !

You mention America trying to get rid of their second rate stuff. What exactly is the Mig 35, then ? As for the "cheapest of all" comment - you're talking about the fly away cost, not the total life cycle cost which is going to be considered. It may well be the cheapest, but I'd rather spend the extra money to get a more reliable product which reduces Russian dominance in our defence industry (not because Western products are superior, but because the after sales services are below par) as well.

When we consider a threat scenario we take in to account all probabilities
            ,all the dangers--not the minimum stuff alone. Biggest to the lowest

China to Bangladesh--therefore this perception about Bangladesh IS FLAWED -ICBMs are not intended for B desh or PAKistan --which I mentioned can be taken care of by our tactical elements
            wHEN WE TALK OF UNACCEPTABLE DAMAGE--WHAT IS IMPLIED IS THE DETTERANCE(ADVERSARY'S PERCEPTION OF THE DAMAGE-WHICH KEEPS HIM IN CHECK)--IT MAY BE A THERMO NUCLEAR dEVICE CAPABLE OF WIPING OUT SIGNIFICANT MILITARY ASSETTS TO CTIES AND THE COLLATREL DAMAGE.

LCA--we donot even have an aeroderivative gas turbine of our own--30/40 years-what a pathetic SHAME. We tell Ericson we develop a radar of our own-- which eventually AS USUAL TURNS OUT TO BE A NONSTARTER . We run for 2052

It is yet to go through the complete rigour of the ASR trials
            When this aircraft will see the squadron service?

WHAT IS NEEDED IS A DIFFERENT MANAGEMENT PARADIGM IN DRDO
            TO TAKE THE BEST OUT OF THE ENGINEERS.

If you have ASEA radar+ tvc+6T WAR LOAD AND A SUITABLE PACKAGE OF
            eccm/ECM/ew SUITE(OF ANY ORIGIN) AT A FRACTION OF THE COMPARABLE WESTERN STUFF
            ---ISN'T IT CHEAP

wORKING THE LIFE CYCLE COST IS NOT VERY EASY--IT IS SUCH A "FLEXIBLE
            PROCESS" iT CAN SHOW ANYTHING--PARAMETER-- IN ANY LIGHT.

I SAID EARLIER ALSO WAS DO NOT PLACE ALL EGGS IN ONE BASKET ,AND I SHALL LIKE TO HAVE AN ALTERNATE SOURCE SINCE OUR ENGINEERS ARE ON A LEARNING CURVE

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST --DEBATES MEAN CIVILIZED LANGUAGE-DONOT UNDERESTiMATE OTHERS' CAPABILITIES IN BEING OUTRAGEOUSLY PROFANE

Comment

• I've seen people banned for lesser offenses...

Comment

• And if people let us know earlier, this idiot would have been gone earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X